• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What'd you name your rival?

My Platinum rival is named Pete, after Pete Burns of Dead or Alive, because I thought he looked quite effeminate when I first saw him.

HG rival is Artiom, because I like that name.

I've previously named rivals either Kiev or Kevin after one of my friends.

I named him Barry in Pearl.
Pearl in Platinum (along with me being Platinum).
Silver in HGSS.

Shrigeru, only because I was called Satoru, but that was in the Crystal days, now I'm:

Name: Matthew
Rival: TheWorld

So you get 'TheWorld would like to challenge you to a battle.'

For LeafGreen and Diamond, I went with Luke. I think I did the same with HeartGold. Clint is the name of my rival in Pearl though.

Crystal: ???
R/S/E: May (well, you can't really name the rival... ;P)
FireRed: Zach
Diamond: Paul
Platinum: Nolan
HeartGold: Lucas

In the first Gen, during my MUST NAME SELF ASH stage, I named my rival Gary. In Gen II, I called him ??? because I'm a derp, although on recent playthroughs I named him Thor and Silver. In FireRed I named my rival Hati (I was Mani) during one playthrough and... Something Norse-related in the most recent. For Diamond I called him Loki, and I think he was Loki in Pearl, too. In Platinum I think I named him ADHD (because I was naming everything after mental disorders, gj self).

I mostly stick to Norse stuff when it comes to naming nowadays; in my Nuzlocke challenge of Yellow the guy got named Loki, and I named my Piggarchoo Mjollnir.

I always named him after my nephew, because we both played the games and are around the same age. When my nephew stopped playing, I just named him random offensive names. XD

I named Silver in my copy of HeartGold "Luke". I don't know why, it just sounded right to me.

In my used version of Silver, the previous owner had named him, "Gary".

In Diamond my rival's name is Eagle...I really don't know why. In SoulSilver I actually forgot what the rival's name was supposed to be, so I called him Rex. idk why xDD

I distinctly remember in my Crystal version, however, he was once named Fishbreath.

In the order I got the games in....
Sapphire:May
Ruby:Mudkip
Diamond:Retard
Pearl:Goku
Blue:Ash
Gold:Silver
Yellow:Mithos

Diamond/Pearl - Markus
Platinum - Mark
SoulSilver - Silver

Those 3 are the only ones I can remember. :p

In Soulsilver I went with the original names, Gold for me, Silver for the rival. In Diamond I named Barry "Loser;D" he annoys the hell out of me...

The seven character limit is really annoying. All the ones I wanted to use were eight. My friends got me to name Silver Genital. I inspired my friend to name Silver Tampon.

Don't remember the others.

R/G/Y-Didn't play
G/S/C-???
R/S-Couldn't name FR/LG-Gary (Couldn't think of anything else)
D/P/Pt-I honestly can't remember what the heck I called him. Probably Enshi, but watch this space
HG/SS-???

Old times sakes. I'm not all that creative with my rivals.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom