• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What'd you name your rival?

I recently borrowed my friend's Blue game. My rival's name is "I SUCK."
"Oh yeah, I remember his name now! It was I SUCK!"

For SoulSilver I named my rival Silvio as it sounds like Silver and its an Italian name. Reason is that Giovanni is a common Italian name I think it is likely that Giovanni's son is Italian too so I gave the Rival the name Silvo. For the LeafGreen Rival I just called him Gary (sorry for being unoriginal).

I always name my rivals their actual name out of respect. Named Green/Blue Green every time. Same with Silver.

In HeartGold or the regular Gold version (idk which) I named my rival Ginger. Just cause it's true and you can't take him seriously with that name XD

I named my Platinum rival John, not being familiar with just about anything Pokemon-related at that point in time. For SoulSilver, I named the rival Arian, which became hilariously funny when I met Team Rocket executive Ariana (even though I don't support the theory that she's his mother). For HeartGold, I just named him Silver.

In Diamond I named him Dumbass. In HeartGold I named him Christ. Don`t you just love my rival name choices? :)

On Pearl I named him Marko. On Platinum I named him Lloyd (lol Tales of Symphonia). On Soul Silver I named him ??? for nostalgia sake.

TBH, I don't know why I do that. It's just something that I've always done.

Oh, and I'm an avid Tales fan, too. :D

Woo!! Nice! It's good to see Tales fans in places like this. And yeah, it's been a habit of mine to give rivals their proper names.

Woo!! Nice! It's good to see Tales fans in places like this. And yeah, it's been a habit of mine to give rivals their proper names.

Now that you mention that, I didn't know they had actual names, until Generation IV. I mean, i knew there was a manga, but I never read any of it until Generation IV, so I wasn't aware of their names.

Yeah, I'm ashamed to call myself a Pokémon fan. T____________T

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom