• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say that Black White Season 2: World Tournament is gonna happen, and not just in Unova. We don't know where the NYC city is based, and I could easily see them doing something crazy, like having a tournament in each region, with the tournament in Johto taking place somewhere in July. The reason for this is cause the city is really Mewtwo's City at the end of Mewtwo's Return. Kanto would be in September-October, with someone important brining out a gen 6 Pokemon to give incentive to ash to go to Pokefrance, and boom you have your season.

Burgundy, Georgia, Bianca, and Stephan were completely screwed over in their final appearances.

I'd say give one more proper tournament to help them prove themselves. Burgundy should tie or beat Cilan, Georgia should beat Iris to show her she still has a long way to go. Bianca should beat Stephan, but only after Stephan beats....Virgil's new Eevee evolution? Nah, they'll probably have Ash beat him for that.

Not that I expect Virgil back, but to not make his appearance on this show so pointless Ash should defeat him with Generation 6's new Eevee evo. Sylveon I think it is?

With the gap of episodes left until Generation 6, it's almost hard to believe that there WON'T be another tournament again. But with Best Wishes rate of giving some crappy tournaments I just hope it is not only well written but also not rushed.

I can dig a 6 episode tournament with 3 vs 3. It will give rivals proper closure, Iris and Cilan some proper closure, and possible give Ash some more cred and give us something to look forward to for Generation 6. I just pray there is no cheapness.

After Team Plasma being written out, and maybe Ghetsis and Achroma being arrested/somehow managed to escape, Looker receives a call from the International Police regardind Team Rocket and their 'experiments' with Pokémon (yeah, that's where Mewtwo enters in), as well as Team Plasma's. Knowing they're still looking to conquer Unova, Looker, alongside with Ash and cia, start to investigate possible locals that they might appear, then comes the Genesect Film and maybe a final assault into Team Rocket's Headquarters in Kanto.
I really hope that we don't see Team Rocket (as an organization) in Unova, after Operation Tempest was said to be their Unova finale. Giovanni appears to have moved on even though Jessie and James haven't yet (due to Pikachu). If Looker wants to take on Team Rocket, which would be interesting as he appears to be cooperating with Jessie and James in Episode N, then he should do so in Kanto.
They could use Pikachu as a battery, similar to those Electrodes used in GSC, but now to help their experiments with Mewtwo. Also, Giovanni wouldn't simply let them go to neither keep doing what they've done and failed countless times nor to try to conquer a land that he has already given up of it if he had moved on, so there may be some hand of his in it.

I also don't like the idea the Team Rocket Organization in Unova again, but if the TRio were there and apparently hijacked TP's intels, so that means they hadn't given up yet.

Wrapping up Iris vs Georgia and Cilan vs Cabernet rivalry
Ash goes back to Pallet town
Meets Gary and hears of a new region
Done

Seeing that the movie is still due for summer, and XY in fall, all I could see is the ShoPro working with Pokémon International getting the dub out of the way so that everyone can be on the same page on the game release. So I expect to see a conclusion arc, then 13 episodes of reruns.

I don't know if they would want to have months of reruns in Japan just so that the dub could catch up. That doesn't really sound like the best way to handle the series, especially when they probably would want to keep new episodes going until the X/Y series starts. I think that the only time the series went on hiatus for months was after the Porygon episode aired, so that seems rather unlikely to me to happen too. Plus, I don't think that the higher ups would want to spend more time and money at the studios to dub more episodes.

they've already started dubbing episode n. watch the trailer for avu on pokemon.com in pokemon tv

they've already started dubbing episode n. watch the trailer for avu on pokemon.com in pokemon tv

I know that the trailer showed footage from Episode N. I'm not sure if that means that those episodes are already dubbed when we didn't hear any dialogue, so they could have just used the footage without actually dubbing those scenes just yet. Either way, they would still have to spend more time and money to get the rest of the series dubbed and aired before October and I don't think that they're going to do that.

I know that the trailer showed footage from Episode N. I'm not sure if that means that those episodes are already dubbed when we didn't hear any dialogue, so they could have just used the footage without actually dubbing those scenes just yet. Either way, they would still have to spend more time and money to get the rest of the series dubbed and aired before October and I don't think that they're going to do that.

well when you look at how close we are to episode n. 9 episodes away. do you really think they havent started yet

I don't know what they're going to do. All I know is that there isn't anything left from the games that deserves featuring, unless they really really want to bring Benga in here, and even though they handled Opelucid with neutrality, White Forest/Black City cannot be compromised, unless they somehow BOTH exist in roughly the same location. In any case, where would Benga's Tower of Doom be? I really don't want another tournament. I really really don't. The only thing that I find to be plausible is Georgia getting another chance, but it would serve little purpose. We already know Dragonite can beat her, regardless of how skilled Iris is, which she has improved with Dragonite since then. If you want Georgia to show humility, you know she isn't going to do that too much. It would be redundant to me. Burgundy is just an all out failure. She doesn't even deserve to fight Cilan, ever. However, if he is going to go out, I want to see closure for him. I don't know how to do it because it doesn't seem Cilan has progressed much at all, other than perhaps realizing pokemon is more than what is on the surface. Expecting any of this, however, is almost idiocy considering how BW has treated us. I may have even jumped the gun there, but I really don't think we need to repeat the mistake of Brock and have this go on for more than one gen. It's almost a forgone conclusion they will off Iris, they said so themselves they do it for fanservice. I am done with debating over Ash. I no longer care what happens to him, I just want some quality before I explode.

well when you look at how close we are to episode n. 9 episodes away. do you really think they havent started yet

They probably have started to work on Episode N, but I don't know if that would mean that they are ready to air at this point.

I'm not quite sure what they'll do exactly. There isn't much left in the games to adapt and I don't know if there would be enough time for Ash to travel through Kanto for a bit, or why Iris and Cilan would come along with him to a faraway region. I could see them creating a new area in Unova, or at least near it, for Ash to explore for awhile before the X/Y series starts.

Well, now I have a guess.

After Team Plasma being written out, and maybe Ghetsis and Achroma being arrested/somehow managed to escape, Looker receives a call from the International Police regardind Team Rocket and their 'experiments' with Pokémon (yeah, that's where Mewtwo enters in), as well as Team Plasma's. Knowing they're still looking to conquer Unova, Looker, alongside with Ash and cia, start to investigate possible locals that they might appear, then comes the Genesect Film and maybe a final assault into Team Rocket's Headquarters in Kanto.

My mind may have gone too far away, but that's it :~

I think so

They probably have started to work on Episode N, but I don't know if that would mean that they are ready to air at this point.

I'm not quite sure what they'll do exactly. There isn't much left in the games to adapt and I don't know if there would be enough time for Ash to travel through Kanto for a bit, or why Iris and Cilan would come along with him to a faraway region. I could see them creating a new area in Unova, or at least near it, for Ash to explore for awhile before the X/Y series starts.

im not an expert on dubbing but i would think that there wouldnt be enough time if they just started in the 2 months befor we get episode n

There isn't much left in the games to adapt and I don't know if there would be enough time for Ash to travel through Kanto for a bit, or why Iris and Cilan would come along with him to a faraway region. I could see them creating a new area in Unova, or at least near it, for Ash to explore for awhile before the X/Y series starts.
The writers have never really fleshed out why Iris and Cilan are traveling with Ash in the first place. I see a return to Kanto being justified in one or more of the following ways:

1. Looker wanting to disband Team Rocket, with Ash and co. agreeing to help. It would give a point to Giovanni's earlier role in Best Wishes.
2. Rumors of a legendary Pokémon appearing in Kanto. Mewtwo is the obvious candidate, but there are other possibilities which wouldn't involve the movie.
3. The World Tournament having cups held in Kanto for advanced trainers. This would give Iris as good a reason as any to follow Ash, as she could face other Dragon Masters.

In any case, the Genesect army could follow Ash to Kanto to avenge the disbandment of Team Plasma.

Last edited:
There isn't much left in the games to adapt and I don't know if there would be enough time for Ash to travel through Kanto for a bit, or why Iris and Cilan would come along with him to a faraway region. I could see them creating a new area in Unova, or at least near it, for Ash to explore for awhile before the X/Y series starts.
The writers have never really fleshed out why Iris and Cilan are traveling with Ash in the first place. I see a return to Kanto being justified in one or more of the following ways:

1. Looker wanting to disband Team Rocket, with Ash and co. agreeing to help. It would give a point to Giovanni's earlier role in Best Wishes.
2. Rumors of a legendary Pokémon appearing in Kanto. Mewtwo is the obvious candidate, but there are other possibilities which wouldn't involve the movie.
3. The World Tournament having cups held in Kanto for advanced trainers. This would give Iris as good a reason as any to follow Ash, as she could face other Dragon Masters.

In any case, the Genesect army could follow Ash to Kanto to avenge the disbandment of Team Plasma.

And Maybe a chance (albeit a small one) that the infamous hunter J would make an appearance in an Arc of not only her arrest but Ash's brother who along with his mom (ash's aunt) to talk to her at Viridian City that starts the Ketchum family puzzle arc

ok first let me say this. im not going to go into the whole x/y anime will air simultaneously thing. Now with that being said. We pretty much know that episode n will not last that long considering that the reshiram arc starts 9 eps in. and in my opinion reshiram is more important then genesect. so i dont see episode n lasting long after the movie.

on topic:

i can see 4 things happening between n and x/y

a spin off series akin to pokemon chronicles
a side quest for ash
reruns
or less likely nothing and x/y starting early very unlikely but you cant rule anything out

I really doubt that the writers care about fleshing out why Iris and Cilan are traveling with Ash in the first place. I could see them going for a World Tournament cup in Kanto just so Ash has a battle-driven goal in mind for the rest of the series and maybe foreshadowing Mewtwo's role in the movie by having rumors of a legendary Pokemon appearing in Kanto. I just don't know if there would be enough time to go another region like Kanto, but I can see how it's a possibility.

johnpoke said:
on topic:

a side quest for ash
reruns
or less likely nothing and x/y starting early very unlikely but you cant rule anything out

I don't think that they would take the focus off of Ash's journey by replacing it with something like Pokemon Chronicles. Reruns wouldn't make sense either when it would make more sense to keep new episodes going to finish off the series and continue to showcase fifth generation Pokemon until the next series is ready. I doubt that X/Y would start this early. The Genesect movie is still for the BW series, so the series is going to continue on through July and I don't think it would make much sense to start the newest series that far in advance from the games being released. I don't quite agree that one can't rule anything out since there needs to be some reasoning behind it, instead of just saying anything can happen.

I think the answer's obvious.

After Episode N, we'll have Episode O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, and then W.

I really doubt that the writers care about fleshing out why Iris and Cilan are traveling with Ash in the first place. I could see them going for a World Tournament cup in Kanto just so Ash has a battle-driven goal in mind for the rest of the series and maybe foreshadowing Mewtwo's role in the movie by having rumors of a legendary Pokemon appearing in Kanto. I just don't know if there would be enough time to go another region like Kanto, but I can see how it's a possibility.

johnpoke said:
on topic:

a side quest for ash
reruns

I don't think that they would take the focus off of Ash's journey by replacing it with something like Pokemon Chronicles. Reruns wouldn't make sense either when it would make more sense to keep new episodes going to finish off the series and continue to showcase fifth generation Pokemon until the next series is ready. I doubt that X/Y would start this early. The Genesect movie is still for the BW series, so the series is going to continue on through July and I don't think it would make much sense to start the newest series that far in advance from the games being released. I don't quite agree that one can't rule anything out since there needs to be some reasoning behind it, instead of just saying anything can happen.

ok first you cant rule anything out. but i have no belief that x/y and why will start this early. ash has no story left in bw. doing a oi or bf like saga would be redundant and repetitive. why would it make since to keep new episodes going when every thing has been covered.

ok first you cant rule anything out. but i have no belief that x/y and why will start this early. ash has no story left in bw. doing a oi or bf like saga would be redundant and repetitive. why would it make since to keep new episodes going when every thing has been covered.

I don't see why I can't rule anything out. That comes off as saying anything can happen, which isn't necessarily true since there needs to be some reasoning behind it as to why it could actually happen. Not doing something like the Orange Islands or the Battle Frontier just because it would be redundant and repetitive doesn't make any sense when the series, as well as Pokemon in general, is repetitive, so I doubt that would be an issue. It would make sense to keep going with new episodes so that the anime still has presence, instead of being in reruns for months on end. That wouldn't make sense marketing wise. They can still use another arc to lead into the new movie, as well as end the series. Besides that, I don't think that the anime has gone for months without airing new episodes except after the Porygon episode, so that doesn't look likely at all.

I don't see why I can't rule anything out. That comes off as saying anything can happen, which isn't necessarily true since there needs to be some reasoning behind it as to why it could actually happen. Not doing something like the Orange Islands or the Battle Frontier just because it would be redundant and repetitive doesn't make any sense when the series, as well as Pokemon in general, is repetitive, so I doubt that would be an issue. It would make sense to keep going with new episodes so that the anime still has presence, instead of being in reruns for months on end. That wouldn't make sense marketing wise. They can still use another arc to lead into the new movie, as well as end the series. Besides that, I don't think that the anime has gone for months without airing new episodes except after the Porygon episode, so that doesn't look likely at all.

there is a difference between oi and bf and the entire series. yes it is repetitive but at least every gen there is something new to showcase.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom