• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

there is a difference between oi and bf and the entire series. yes it is repetitive but at least every gen there is something new to showcase.

It still wouldn't be a problem for them to do something repetitive/redundant when they've had no problem doing that before. I'm fully aware that each generation has something new to showcase and I could see them making up a small portion of Unova, like maybe a small set of islands, for Ash and his friends to travel to in order for him to compete in some World Tournament Cup. They could go to Kanto to do that too, but I don't know if they want to go to a different region this late into the series. There's really not much time left for them to do anything bigger than an Orange Islands like arc with Ash having do earn less than usual to get to his goal.

I can see the Genesect plot lasting until July, with August being used to close things in BW! up, and September being the start of the X/Y series. BW! did start a month before the games were released, I think.

I don't know if they'll stretch the Genesect plot all the way until the movie. It could just be a small tie-in during Episode N and then they don't show up again until then. My guess is that Colress can mention them or think about them but they don't factor into an episode's plot. (or will they?) The Mewtwo Strikes Back references in Season 1 were pretty much on the side and not relevant to the main story (Mewtwo in Giovanni's armor pwning Gary, and then the TRio walking to Giovanni's HQ just as Mewtwo blows it up and floats away).

Speaking of Mewtwo, will they mention it in the series, or will it just show up in the movie while the Genesect army is on a rampage?

Other than that, I think some of the rivals will get closure, Iris will train under Drayden to become a Gym Leader/ Champion, she and/ or Cilan will get departure episode(s), and Ash (and Cilan?) go back to Kanto where they learn about the Gen VI region. The XY anime will start in Japan in September to help hype the games.

I can see the Genesect plot lasting until July, with August being used to close things in BW! up, and September being the start of the X/Y series. BW! did start a month before the games were released, I think.

I'm not sure if they'll stretch out the Genesect plot until July either. They could to have more buildup to the movie, but I'm not quite sure. I'm pretty sure it was the dub for BW that stared a month before the games were released. BW started a few days after the games were released in Japan. I could see the X/Y series starting in Japan a few days before or after the games are released, but I seriously doubt that it will be a month before the games are out.

UnovaCastaway said:
Other than that, I think some of the rivals will get closure, Iris will train under Drayden to become a Gym Leader/ Champion, she and/ or Cilan will get departure episode(s), and Ash (and Cilan?) go back to Kanto where they learn about the Gen VI region. The XY anime will start in Japan in September to help hype the games.

While I think that Cilan could return for the next series, they'll probably wait a few episodes into the series before bringing him back, instead of having him traveling with Ash to the new region.

In Japan, the only series that started before the respective generation's release was the Johto series, which was part of the original series. The odds are against that happening again.

In Japan, the only series that started before the respective generation's release was the Johto series, which was part of the original series. The odds are against that happening again.

i hate it when people use patterns against peoples theories. just because it hasnt happened since johto doesnt mean it cant happen again

i hate it when people use patterns against peoples theories. just because it hasnt happened since johto doesnt mean it cant happen again
Excuse me? I didn't say that it couldn't happen, but rather that the past doesn't suggest that it is a likely possibility. You said the same thing:

or less likely nothing and x/y starting early very unlikely but you cant rule anything out

I don't see why they would do something like that though. They could use that time to finish wrapping up BW and hyping up both the new games and the new series. It just doesn't seem like a good possibility to me either.

i'm up for a pokemon chronicles arc, and i don't care how unlikely that sounsd, but let's also think about the Genesect arc as well. I think maybe right after the stuff with Reshiram, we'll start getting majorly into Genesect, after Genesect, maybe a world cup in Sinnoh, then Ash, Iris and Cilan deciding to visit Palet Town, allowing Delia to meet up with Iris and Cilan for the first time, then Paul or Garry shows up and says something like "hey ash! i was just in such and such a region collecting data on some strange legendary pokemon there." and showing Ash a real badass looking gen 6 pokemon, and tellling Ash that he should go and check it out.
Iris and Cilan travvle along to the new region with Ash.

If Iris and Cilan don't travvle with Ash to the new region, i'm going to ask this: TPCI, for the love of texan hands, will you please finally take my suggestion of having one of Ash's crew being named Marilyn, Henrietta or Annie?

also, i'm not sure as to what roll Mewtwo will have in the Genesect movie, if he's going to be in the actual movie, or if he's just going to show up in the intro, on a screen/flashback or if he's actually going to appear physically.
if so, will Dan Green reprise the roll?
also, what if N decides that he wants to travvle with ash, eh? this will make a first for the anime, having somone who was formerly of a villainous team deciding to go good and travvle with Ash. that'd break the status quo, and frankley i think that it's high time that the status quo gets broken, as much as i love the pokemon anime which is very much.

also, what about Axew? Iris is supposed to be evolving Axew into a Haxorus, surely the righters would need to touch up on that, otherwise what's the point in introducing that into the show, and not finnishing it for shit sakes, i mean really.

I'm not sure if they'll stretch out the Genesect plot until July either. They could to have more buildup to the movie, but I'm not quite sure.

Isn't the movie about the Genesect plot going to air in July?

I'm pretty sure it was the dub for BW that stared a month before the games were released. BW started a few days after the games were released in Japan.

Ahh, okay thank you for making me remember.

I could see the X/Y series starting in Japan a few days before or after the games are released, but I seriously doubt that it will be a month before the games are out.

It's possible, but that depends with how long the writers want to finish BW! up. There will surely be a week or 2 with no new episode.

i'm up for a pokemon chronicles arc, and i don't care how unlikely that sounsd, but let's also think about the Genesect arc as well. I think maybe right after the stuff with Reshiram, we'll start getting majorly into Genesect, after Genesect, maybe a world cup in Sinnoh, then Ash, Iris and Cilan deciding to visit Palet Town, allowing Delia to meet up with Iris and Cilan for the first time, then Paul or Garry shows up and says something like "hey ash! i was just in such and such a region collecting data on some strange legendary pokemon there." and showing Ash a real badass looking gen 6 pokemon, and tellling Ash that he should go and check it out.
Iris and Cilan travvle along to the new region with Ash.

I don't think that they would spend time on other characters while not doing anything with Ash. I don't see why there would be a World Cup in Sinnoh. If they do go to another region, Kanto would probably be the only choice. I really doubt that Iris is going to travel with Ash. They have no interest in keeping a female lead for longer than one series and I seriously doubt that they'll change that with Iris. I could see Cilan going either way, but he probably will just meet Ash in the new region instead of going with him.

If Iris and Cilan don't travvle with Ash to the new region, i'm going to ask this: TPCI, for the love of texan hands, will you please finally take my suggestion of having one of Ash's crew being named Marilyn, Henrietta or Annie?

The Catalyst said:
also, i'm not sure as to what roll Mewtwo will have in the Genesect movie, if he's going to be in the actual movie, or if he's just going to show up in the intro, on a screen/flashback or if he's actually going to appear physically.
if so, will Dan Green reprise the roll?
also, what if N decides that he wants to travvle with ash, eh? this will make a first for the anime, having somone who was formerly of a villainous team deciding to go good and travvle with Ash. that'd break the status quo, and frankley i think that it's high time that the status quo gets broken, as much as i love the pokemon anime which is very much.

Since Mewtwo is in the title, I imagine that he'll play an important role in the movie. Dan Green could reprise the roll whenever they start working on the dub for the movie. N traveling with Ash would be awesome, but I'm not sure how likely something like that is. Maybe it depends on how they finish the Episode N arc.

The Catalyst said:
also, what about Axew? Iris is supposed to be evolving Axew into a Haxorus, surely the righters would need to touch up on that, otherwise what's the point in introducing that into the show, and not finnishing it for shit sakes, i mean really.

I seriously doubt that anything is going to come of that. Neither Iris or Axew has shown any interest in getting Axew to evolve in ages, there was absolutely no consequence for going back to the Village of Dragons without getting it to evolve, despite how that was initially the reason for leaving her hometown in the first place, and with Dragonite, there's no need for Iris to have another evolve Dragon type. She can have one without any of the hard work it takes to get one while still having Axew being cute and marketable. Besides that, there's not enough time for Iris to get a Haxorus and given how Axew's battles have been for most of the series, that would be incredibly cheap anyway and in my opinion, she doesn't deserve another evolved Dragon Pokemon. That's just going to be ignored and at this point, I kind of want them to do nothing with that. It isn't like they've done much with Axew wanting to evolve and how Iris' goal was to get a Haxorus before they introduced the whole Dragon Master goal anyway.

HumanDawn said:
Isn't the movie about the Genesect plot going to air in July?

It is. I'm just not sure if they'll stretch out that plot for the next couple of months after Episode N

HumanDawn said:
Ahh, okay thank you for making me remember.

You're welcome.

HumanDawn said:
It's possible, but that depends with how long the writers want to finish BW! up. There will surely be a week or 2 with no new episode.

There usually are a couple of weeks during the summer with no new episodes. I still don't think that they'll start the X/Y series that long before the games are released. It doesn't seem quite likely given how that hasn't happened since the Johto saga and they probably wouldn't want to reveal details from the early portions of the games through the anime before the games are released. Besides that, I think it makes more sense to have the new series start shortly before or after the games are released to capitalize on their popularity.

There usually are a couple of weeks during the summer with no new episodes. I still don't think that they'll start the X/Y series that long before the games are released. It doesn't seem quite likely given how that hasn't happened since the Johto saga and they probably wouldn't want to reveal details from the early portions of the games through the anime before the games are released. Besides that, I think it makes more sense to have the new series start shortly before or after the games are released to capitalize on their popularity.

Around only 4 episodes would be released if they started the X/Y series a month before the games are released. There won't be any details from the early portions of the games through the anime to reveal if they reveal the starting town and route during or before the summer in Pokemon Smash and CoroCoro like they usually do. From a marketing perspective, I'd say it makes more sense to start the series a while before the games are released as it would help build up the hype and encourage Japanese children to pre-order the games before the release. That might help the games break a 3DS record with the highest amount of pre-orders yet.

What I think would be really cool and fitting is if the Japanese dub and English dub release the first two episodes of the X/Y series in the same week. The English dub would obviously be behind, but they could release them as a preview of sorts, and then release the next BW! episodes as usual.

Last edited:
And something I've thought of:

They might want a few episodes between the end of Episode N and the Movie to reintroduce Mewtwo. He hasn't had an animated appearance in a loooonng time and they to take time to let newer Pokefans get to know him a little.

alright, so the axew plot is going to be dropped. i'm still hoping though that if there is a new female character, that they take my suggestion. i've sent it to them before and i'll send it to them again.
TPCI, please, eitehr name the new female character Annie, Marilyn or Henrietta.
That aside, i'm a bit curious about the movie. also, let's say they don't make new episodes in the summer for a few weeks. what about september, sinse X and Y aren't coming out untill October. what would happen in September? i imagine that that'll be the endof the black and white Best Wishes series, but also what about the weeks before that, i.e. the week of sept 1st? that does need a little consideration, i know that's over 6 months away, but still, X and Y are coming out in October, so if they had their hiatus in august, there's still going to be september to fill and probibly the BW finalli at the beginning of October, make sense?

Around only 4 episodes would be released if they started the X/Y series a month before the games are released. There won't be any details from the early portions of the games through the anime to reveal if they reveal the starting town and route during or before the summer in Pokemon Smash and CoroCoro like they usually do. From a marketing perspective, I'd say it makes more sense to start the series a while before the games are released as it would help build up the hype and encourage Japanese children to pre-order the games before the release. That might help the games break a 3DS record with the highest amount of pre-orders yet.

They probably wouldn't reveal too much that the pre-release information didn't already cover, but I still have my doubts that they would start a series that long before the games come out. It could help encourage more people to pre-order the games, but I don't think that would be really necessary. I remember how B/W had the highest amount of pre-orders for the DS system well before the anime started and the series didn't start until a few days after the games were released in Japan. All the pre-release information in Pokemon Smash and CoroCoro creates more buildup and hype and they can promote the newest anime series along with the games in the last couple of months prior to release. It probably wouldn't hurt to start off the series earlier to create more hype, but since they haven't done that since the Johto arc and with X/Y being the first main series games getting a worldwide release, I doubt that they're going to go that route.

HumanDawn said:
What I think would be really cool and fitting is if the Japanese dub and English dub release the first two episodes of the X/Y series in the same week. The English dub would obviously be behind, but they could release them as a preview of sorts, and then release the next BW! episodes as usual.

I could see something like that happening. It might be a bit later than when the Japanese version starts up, depending on when they get the episodes, but I think that they would air the first couple of episodes of the new X/Y series as a special to tie in with the new games and then continue on with airing the rest of BW after that.

SammyW27 said:

They might want a few episodes between the end of Episode N and the Movie to reintroduce Mewtwo. He hasn't had an animated appearance in a loooonng time and they to take time to let newer Pokefans get to know him a little.

That would be pretty cool. I'm not sure if they want to save Mewtwo's first appearance in years for the movie, but bringing him up in the anime could help introduce him to fans who haven't seen the first movie, or the Mewtwo Returns special, and that could help with building up to the Genesect movie.

They probably wouldn't reveal too much that the pre-release information didn't already cover, but I still have my doubts that they would start a series that long before the games come out. It could help encourage more people to pre-order the games, but I don't think that would be really necessary. I remember how B/W had the highest amount of pre-orders for the DS system well before the anime started and the series didn't start until a few days after the games were released in Japan. All the pre-release information in Pokemon Smash and CoroCoro creates more buildup and hype and they can promote the newest anime series along with the games in the last couple of months prior to release. It probably wouldn't hurt to start off the series earlier to create more hype, but since they haven't done that since the Johto arc and with X/Y being the first main series games getting a worldwide release, I doubt that they're going to go that route.

HumanDawn said:

I could see something like that happening. It might be a bit later than when the Japanese version starts up, depending on when they get the episodes, but I think that they would air the first couple of episodes of the new X/Y series as a special to tie in with the new games and then continue on with airing the rest of BW after that.

SammyW27 said:

That would be pretty cool. I'm not sure if they want to save Mewtwo's first appearance in years for the movie, but bringing him up in the anime could help introduce him to fans who haven't seen the first movie, or the Mewtwo Returns special, and that could help with building up to the Genesect movie.

I know this was when 4kids was dubbing this, but still, didn't a few advanced genoration episodes air in the dub long before the end of the Johto series? i believe there were still 34 episodes to go after the first few advanced Hoenn episodes aired in the US, unless i'm mental that is.

I know this was when 4kids was dubbing this, but still, didn't a few advanced genoration episodes air in the dub long before the end of the Johto series? i believe there were still 34 episodes to go after the first few advanced Hoenn episodes aired in the US, unless i'm mental that is.

No, you're right. They aired the first two episodes of AG on Kids WB while they were still airing Master Quest. They aired around the time R/S were released, so I can easily see a situation like that happening with the first couple of episodes of the X/Y series airing before they finish BW.

No, you're right. They aired the first two episodes of AG on Kids WB while they were still airing Master Quest. They aired around the time R/S were released, so I can easily see a situation like that happening with the first couple of episodes of the X/Y series airing before they finish BW.

The first two BW episodes aired in the US in February while the games came out in March. Has Japan ever aired the new generation anime before the games came out? (or was this mentioned earlier in the thread?)

The first two BW episodes aired in the US in February while the games came out in March. Has Japan ever aired the new generation anime before the games came out? (or was this mentioned earlier in the thread?)

I believe it was and that only happened with Johto, so it's extremely unlikely that they'll start the new series before the games are released. I was talking about how I could see them airing the first few episodes of the X/Y series as a special for the dub. I probably should have made that clearer before.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom