• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's a good name to refer to the group of main game protagonists?

DaffodilSum

Warrior of Light Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I've been writing a fic with the game series' main characters from generations 1-8 as the main cast. The problem is that I don't know what words to use whenever I want to refer to them as a group. I mean, They're all supposed to be in the same friend group, but I can't just collectively refer to them as "Friend group #1" or "The protagonists". Calling them all "champions" just doesn't work, cause not all of them are one. Something like "Pokédex Holders" doesn't work either, since that's a title from the Manga.

Does anyone know how do I do that? It's my greatest roadblock yet, and I'm pretty much stumped.

You can try "our heroes", "the group", "the Elite Eight" "(the main one of the group) and the others" or any other group name that fits their ultimate goal.
What if they're meeting right before they're given their primary goal?

I was trying to introduce them in the story using a point of view of a character who's already familiar to them. The main goal is to get the readers to know it's them without having to mention, like, 20 characters individually. Sorry for not making that clear in the original post.

In Latin America we use "protas" which is just a diminutive from protagonists but sounds good.

Think about what else they have in common and what silly name could they have as teenagers. Maybe "Cap Squad", "Effective moves" or "Pokepals".

You should use a paragraph to introduce the term though, not all of your readers will be completely familiar with Pokemon and fan terminology, though "PCs-playable characters" is generally accepted.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom