• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's a Pokémon that you didnt really like in the Games but began to like when you saw them in the Anime?

Boy, where do I start.

Kingler, Corphish, Glalie, Turtonator and Galarian Farfetch’d were some of the many I would barely remember had the anime not portrayed them and made me like them very much.
But two that stand out are Goodra and Hawlucha. I was pretty indifferent to the Goomy line at first, until Ash’s whole story, personality and overall style made it my favorite pokemon of all.

Meanwhile, I had glossed over Hawlucha in the previews and discovered it while fighting Korrina... and that 3D model looked HIDEOUS from the opponent’s angle, so I hated it. So when the anime introduced me to the glory of Ash’s Hawlucha it quickly rose to be my favorite Ash pokemon and one of my favorite species.

i know before i watched the sun/moon anime alolan vulpix was like "yeah it's neat i guess" but now i see it and i go "holy shit. it is fucking binkus", M13 is also where zoroark gets a lot of it's value for me since outside of there i generally see it associated with N who i could not give less of a shit about at best.

It's Meltan!

At first I just thought Meltan as a metal Pokemon and nothing special about it.
Until I watch SM (that episode when Ash's Meltan debuted ), I was convinced by its cuteness, so I started to adore it.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom