• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's in your own regional Pokédex?

I'll do a dex based on Northeast United States, as I lived there for about nine years and truly it's a beautiful place. Similarly to Kalos I would separate the Pokedex into three subregions: Central NE (Pennsylvania, Most of New York), Coastal NE (Long Island, Jersey, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts), and Mountainous NE (New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine). Since 151 is very small nowadays for a regional dex, I will only talk about the Coastal Dex as I find it the most interesting. (Each subregion would have about 120).

For the record, although they will not be included in the Coastal Dex as it is the second trimester of the game, the starters of the region would be the Snivy, Litten and Froakie. The box legends, which would be found in the Mountainous area would be Zekrom and Reshiram.

Normal Route (Tall Grass, Flowers, etc.):
Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Patrat, Watchog, Mienfoo, Mienshao, Wingull, Pelipper, Flabebe, Floette, Florges, Venipede, Whirlipede, Scolipede, Makuhita, Hariyama, Absol, Riolu, Lucario, Drifloon, Drifblim, Eevee, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, Glaceon, Leafeon, Sylveon... the other one, Electrike, Manectric, Natu, Xatu, Yamask, Cofagrigus, Emolga, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Gallade (this line can also be found in Central), Espurr, Meowstic, Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus.

Cave:
Roggenrola, Boldore, GIgalith, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Baltoy, Claydol, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Mawile, Helioptile, Heliolisk, Woobat, Swoobat.

Marshland:
Wooper, Quagsire, Yanma, Yanmega, Shellos, Gastrodon, Croagunk, Toxicroak.

Ocean:
Finneon, Lumineon, Lapras, Magikarp, Gyarados, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Chinchou, Lanturn, Corsola, Barboach, Whiscash, Clamperl, Huntail, Gorebyss, Feebas, Milotic, Basculin, Seel, Dewgong, Luvdisc, Alomomola, Mantyke, Mantine, Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo, Staryu, Starmie.

Forests:
Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny, Fomantis, Lurantis, Mimikyu, Paras, Parasect, Vespiquen, Female Combee (males only found in Central, females only here), Minccino, Cinccino, Foongus, Amoonguss, Rookidee, Corvisquire, Corviknight.

Mythicals that may be found here:
Xerneas, Manaphy, Azelf.

That adds up to 120, if I counted correctly. I may or may not make an edit with a poster.

I've always believed that giving Kalos 450 Pokemon was a fantastic concept because it allowed for such a large number of Pokemon in the area, and it made me feel so much better to know that I had so many alternatives. Other from that, I always believe that there are several Pokemon that HAD to always be present, including Pikachu, Zubat, Geodude, Abra, and Psyduck, who were there in every generation up until a particular one (hint: it was gen 5). I believe that several Pokemon from previous generations should also be included in this list (like as the beloved Riolu), but aside from those, I'm not sure which Pokemon belong there. Perhaps Pokemon that have never been used twice in the same generation.

I also really, really love what Kalos did, seemingly establishing that a Dex (in that game, at least) consists of 150 monsters like the first games. I think a game ought to have 2-3 dexes of 151 each-- each dex getting a mythical (whether it's #151 or #0, doesn't matter to me). And DLC can add one last dex (third or fourth, depending). That really feels like a sweet spot.

Though I actually loved the concept of BW eschewing all the old standbys-- I just wish the new roster were more appealing. Lots of favorites like the Litwik line, but it was disappointing how much they felt the need to retread old ground (looking at you, Sawk and Throh).

I thought this was a fun challenge, so I made one loosely based on the state of Massachusetts. No, I didn't include any fossils. Or Pikachu.

dex.png

Back
Top Bottom