• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's in your own regional Pokédex?

Reaction score
As the title suggests, please share your own homebrew regional Pokédexes here!

There's a few limitations to make this a more interesting exercise - you only have 151 spaces, you can only use existing Pokémon, and you must select three starters and two legendary box mascots. There's no obligation to include mythical species, fossils or Pikachu, but these can help bring additional flavour to your selection.

Your roster can just be a smorgasboard of favourites, or it could be attempting to replicate an existing region or real-world place - either way, consider the balance of types and the preferences of other players. Perhaps your region has a preponderance of some types at the expense of others?

I've had a go at creating 'Galar redux', a smaller, more focused version of Galar that features a bent towards multi-stage evolutionary lines and excludes what I feel are some of the sillier designs present in Sword and Shield. I really wanted to bulk out what I thought were key areas and environments, and filling up the first 130 slots or so was very easy; filling the final gaps and levelling out some of the types was much harder!
  • Bulbasaur line
  • Squirtle line
  • Charmander line
I was tempted to try and composite a starter lineup based on my favourites of the UK trope-inspired species, but the OG still have the most appealing designs and stat spreads for me - plus, Charizard is a great European dragon.
  • Rookidee line
  • Spearow line
  • Lillipup line
  • Wooloo line
  • Glameow line
  • Nidoran Male line
  • Nidoran Female line
  • Tauros
  • Miltank
A good variety of mostly-boring but workmanlike species to fill the early-to-mid routes. Glameow was a late addition when I realised the full roster didn’t have a single cat, as were Tauros and Miltank when I realised there was a dearth of reasonable Normal-types.
  • Lotad line
  • Poliwag line
  • Arrokuda line
  • Barboach line
  • Wooper line
  • Swanna line
  • Galarian Farfetch’d line
Everything you’ll find in the wetlands and rivers, which are an important ecosystem in Galar redux. Sirfetch’d was quite handy as both an ‘environmental’ pick and a pure Fighting-type.
  • Seedot line
  • Budew line
  • Deerling line
  • Foongus line
  • Caterpie line
  • Weedle line
  • Pineco line
  • Pinsir
  • Heracross
The forests. Little spectacular here; Pinsir is an unabashed personal favourite, but I was obliged to pick one of his two counterparts to accompany him, and Heracross feels like a better fit for Galar than Scyther. I would have loved to include Escavalier but there wasn’t enough room for both it and Accelgor.
  • Snubbull line
  • Galarian Ponyta line
  • Impidimp line
  • Hatenna line
  • Koffing line
  • Girafarig
Weirding it up. Galar needs a good handful of Fairies.
  • Stonjourner
  • Rolycoly line
  • Onix line
  • Drilbur line
  • Cufant line
  • Klink line
  • Timburr line
A grab-bag of species relating to industry or otherwise found in caves and mountainous environments. I would have loved to include Geodude and Phanpy, but Rolycoly and Cufant just fit better.
  • Sinistea line
  • Litwick line
  • Phantump line
  • Galarian Yamask line
  • Murkrow line
As with Fairies, Galar needs Things That Go Bump In The Night. Murkrow provides another great bird as well as bulking out the Dark-types.
  • Yamper line
  • Pikachu line
  • Tynamo line
  • Slugma line
  • Growlithe line
‘Elementals’ are a hard fit for many environments, so there’s a relatively small handful here that match the theme (remembering that Eelektross is a lamprey was a Eureka moment). Pikachu was an easy inclusion that precluded too much hard thinking on a type I’m generally not fond of. The Fire-types may seem paltry but there’s a few more scattered in other groups.
  • Spheal line
  • Cloyster line
  • Snover line
  • Lapras
  • Staryu line
  • Wailmer line
The inhabitants of Galar’s frigid seas and coastlines - pretty straightforward. Staryu was originally Mareanie, until I realised I needed another Psychic-type.
  • Druddigon
  • Noibat line
  • Bagon line
  • Larvitar line
The pseudo-legendaries and a couple of other monsters. I dislike a proliferation of Dragons, but gargoyles and wyverns are just too good to pass up for Galar redux.
  • Omanyte line
  • Kabuto line
UK coastlines are absolutely lousy with fossils of marine life. As with Kanto, there are a lot of Water-types in this region.
  • Regirock
  • Registeel
  • Regice
  • Regieleki
  • Regidraco
  • Regigigas
I’m on record as loving the theming of the Regi family, especially their in-game obscurity. Their ancient and elemental natures match perfectly with druidic themes and giant mythology.
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
The box mascots - I don’t particularly like the wolves, and both Xerneas and Yveltal speak to broader western European tropes rather than specifically France. They'll be right at home in the Slumbering Weald.

EDIT: Work is quiet today so I visualised it:

1619471814858.png

Last edited:
Now this is my kind of thread!

As a fellow Galarian, I've thought about making my own version of the Galar Dex as well. I'm of the opinion that 151 is the magic number when it comes to Regional Dexes, and that the Galar Dex feels very bloated.

There's two ways I could go about this... I could make an example of what I think the Galar Dex should have been, or I could make one that's more personal to me. Perhaps I'll do both.

I'll come back to this thread when I've decided on my final roster! Out of curiosity, how did you make that image? I'm always looking for more convenient ways to arrange pictures of Pokemon into a grid (something which, as a Pokedex geek, I often get the urge to do).

Now this is my kind of thread!

As a fellow Galarian, I've thought about making my own version of the Galar Dex as well. I'm of the opinion that 151 is the magic number when it comes to Regional Dexes, and that the Galar Dex feels very bloated.

There's two ways I could go about this... I could make an example of what I think the Galar Dex should have been, or I could make one that's more personal to me. Perhaps I'll do both.

I'll come back to this thread when I've decided on my final roster! Out of curiosity, how did you make that image? I'm always looking for more convenient ways to arrange pictures of Pokemon into a grid (something which, as a Pokedex geek, I often get the urge to do).

Yeah, the Galar 'Dex feels both bloated and anemic at the same time. You can tell they sequestered a lot of the cool, popular full-stage evolutionary lines for the DLC, and left the base game with lots of those peculiar standalone species or even some near-as-dammit clones (Bolthund and Manectric?). I think we'd have all felt much more charitable regarding Dexit had the likes of Maractus and Sudowoodo been swapped out for Electabuzz, Abra and their ilk.

The temptation to lean heavily into the Harry Potter studio tour was there but a) I like my rosters to feel quite natural and less about the gimmicky cultural references, and b) I found it fun to try and get some dull/mediocre species in there to balance the palette. It was just as taxing trying to visualise the 'Dex in a way that replicates the original Kanto cast, structured broadly in terms of the progression of encounters and with the more esoteric species towards the back.

I'm afraid there was no magic trick to the grid - it was simply a Google doc with images copied in from Bulbapedia while I was watching a dull committee session for work.

Last edited:
I would absolutely love to do a fake dex for where I live, but I feel there might be too many holes of Pokemon that don't exist yet, like a Canada goose, coyote, or chipmunk. I guess most of them aren't like "iconic" here, but I don't really know what would be.

Some Pokemon that would definitely live here (oh, it's Wisconsin, btw):
Deerling and Sawsbuck
Nickit and Thievul
Skwovet and Greedent
Ducklett (although Swanna doesn't really fit)
Seedot line

Uh... Yeah idk, I'm probably trying too hard to make it accurate, regions are never that 1:1 with the pokemon/animal distribution.

I'm going with a mix of Colombian region + my favorites. Also I won't mention "line" because laziness, just assume the whole line is in.

Starters: Bulbasaur, Torchic, Froakie (9)
Early routes: Venonat, Meowth, Tyrogue, Hoppip, Aipom, Teddiursa, Combee, Flabebe (20)
Late routes: Scyther, Snorlax, Hawlucha, Yanma, Volbeat, Ilumise, Gulpin, Chatot, Cubchoo, Skiddo, (16)
Forest/Jungles: Bellsprout, Ekans, Ledyba, Pineco, Seedot, Slakoth, Cherubi, Carnivine, Venipede, Ferroseed, Shinx, Sizzlipede (28)
Sea and rivers: Poliwag, Lapras, Remoraid, Corsola, Lotad, Carvanha, Wailmer, Clauncher, Skrelp, Goomy, Mareanie (24)
Caves: Drowzee, Unown, Baltoy, Sableye, Sigilyph, Solosis, Crabominable, Wimpod, Chewtle, Fallinks (17)
Deserts: Natu, Gligar, Phanpy, Torkoal, Cacnea, Skorupi, Golett, Minior, Stonjouner (15)
Miscellaneous: Houndour, Ditto, Dratini, Chimecho, Beldum, Litwick, Oricorio, Snom (17)
Legendaries & Mythicals: Mew, Jirachi, Manaphy, Groudon, Kyogre (5)

This was fun :D

Here's mine! Admittedly, I had a lot of fun with it. When I saw this thread, the gears started spinning and it was hard concentrating on anything else - so I figured I might as well get it out the way, haha. Doing this made me appreciate the teams who decide these lists a whole lot more - there is so much to think about, regarding types, species representation and their relationship to the envisioned landscapes, base stat totals, breeding compatibility, player interests, overrated and underrated Pokémon, and so on. As this was a pet project, I didn't factor all of the aforementioned in though.

Regional Dex.png

Notes:
  • Honorable mentions of lines I wanted to include: Riolu, Sewaddle, Koffing, Stunfisk (Galarian Form), Scatterbug, Aipom, Drilbur, Swinub, Litwick, Gastly, Emolga, Feebas.​
  • Indeedee serve as this region's Nurse Joy assistant. The females help the Joys while the males help the café servers.​
  • Since there are no Arrokuda, the Cramorant here instead try to gulp down Wishiwashi (along with Pikachu).​
  • My big theme here was balance. The two prior 151 regional Dexes (Kanto & Sinnoh) had big balance issues, so I tried to represent each type with at least 3 choices of evolutionary families that a player could select (with some of my preferred choices influencing the decision).​
  • In the spirit of the initial Sinnoh Dex, Zygarde is not present in this list (as Giratina was not for Sinnoh). It's in the region though, somewhere... Xerneas and Yveltal were chosen as the box art Legendaries because they feel the most "splashable" to me; they can sleep exist anywhere and are not tied to somewhere lore-wise or geography-wise.​
  • Grass
    • Skiddo, Roselia
  • Water
    • Staryu, Qwilfish, Azumarill
  • Fighting
    • Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop
  • Fire
    • Flareon, Torkoal, Arcanine
  • Poison
    • Drapion, Seviper, Salazzle
  • Steel
    • Bronzong, Aegislash, Magneton, Magnezone
  • Ice
    • Alolan Ninetales, Glaceon, Abomasnow, Lapras
  • Dragon
    • Turtonator, Drampa, Flygon, Kingdra
  • E4 - Fairy
    • Sylveon, Mimikyu, Florges, Gardevoir
  • E4 - Ground
    • Steelix, Mudsdale, Gastrodon, Palossand
  • E4 - Flying
    • Hawlucha, Swellow, Corviknight, Noivern
  • E4 - Dark
    • Skuntank, Umbreon, Honchkrow, Grimmsnarl

Had to split into two images because of screenshot capabilities and zoom distance.
Starter choices are all pure typed.
Tried to have good type diversity (cough cough DP cough cough)
Tried for a mixed variety of designs
Most Pokemon in list are dual-type (to make type diversity a bit easier)

Attachments

• Screenshot_70.png
    Screenshot_70.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 680
  • Screenshot_71.png
    Screenshot_71.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 315
I finally finished mine! I took a bit of inspiration from FireRed and LeafGreen, and divided the Pokédex up into habitats.

Some of the sections are quite small, but there would be some overlap of species between habitats. For example, you'd also find Corviknight and Gogoat in the mountains, and Gyarados in the seas.

There are two Grassland sections, and two Forest sections. The first grassland makes up the early routes, while the second is more of a savannha or Safari Zone-like area (the Day Care would be situated here, hence the Baby Pokémon). The first forest is a run-of-the-mill one like you'd find near the beginning of a game, while the second is a more mysterious one akin to Glimwood Tangle or the Slumbering Weald.

First Partner Pokémon

001 Rowlet
002 Dartrix
003 Decidueye

004 Cyndaquil
005 Quilava
006 Typhlosion

007 Sobble
008 Drizzile
009 Inteleon

Grassland Pokémon (Part 1)

010 Rookidee
011 Corvisquire
012 Corviknight

013 Zigzagoon
014 Linoone

015 Caterpie
016 Metapod
017 Butterfree

018 Blipbug
019 Dottler
020 Orbeetle

021 Budew
022 Roselia
023 Roserade

024 Pichu
025 Pikachu
026 Raichu

027 Flabébé
028 Floette
029 Florges

030 Cutiefly
031 Ribombee

032 Fletchling
033 Fletchinder
034 Talonflame

035 Skiddo
036 Gogoat

037 Mareep
038 Flaafy
039 Ampharos

Forest Pokémon (Part 1)

040 Purrloin
041 Liepard

042 Sentret
043 Furret

044 Shroomish
045 Breloom

046 Petilil
047 Lilligant

Freshwater Pokémon

048 Arrokuda
049 Barraskewda

050 Magikarp
051 Gyarados

052 Azurill
053 Marill
054 Azumarill

055 Ducklett
056 Swanna

Cave Pokémon

057 Zubat
058 Golbat
059 Crobat

060 Rolycoly
061 Carkol
062 Coalossal

063 Drilbur
064 Excadrill

065 Carbink

Urban Pokémon

066 Klink
067 Klang
068 Klinklang

069 Vanillite
070 Vanillish
071 Vanilluxe

072 Koffing
073 Weezing

074 Rotom

075 Porygon
076 Porygon2
077 Porygon-Z

078 Ditto

Grassland Pokémon (Part 2)

079 Togepi
080 Togetic
081 Togekiss

082 Riolu
083 Lucario

084 Bonsly
085 Sudowoodo

086 Ralts
087 Kirlia
088 Gardevoir
089 Gallade

090 Ponyta
091 Rapidash

092 Electrike
093 Manectric

094 Scyther
095 Scizor

096 Castform

097 Stonjourner

Desert Pokémon

098 Rufflet
099 Braviary

100 Helioptile
101 Heliolisk

102 Sandile
103 Krokorok
104 Krookodile

105 Trapinch
106 Vibrava
107 Flygon

108 Larvesta
109 Volcarona

Forest Pokémon (Part 2)

110 Phantump
111 Trevenant

112 Misdreavus
113 Mismagius

114 Hoothoot
115 Noctowl

116 Munna
117 Musharna

118 Zorua
119 Zoroark

120 Heracross

121 Emolga

Sea Pokémon

122 Buizel
123 Floatzel

124 Cramorant

125 Staryu
126 Starmie

127 Carvanha
128 Sharpedo

129 Skrelp
130 Dragalge

131 Lapras

132 Bergmite
133 Avalugg

Mountain Pokémon

134 Snom
135 Frosmoth

136 Snover
137 Abomasnow

138 Rockruff
139 Lycanroc

140 Noibat
141 Noivern

142 Larvitar
143 Pupitar
144 Tyranitar

Rare Pokémon

145 Unown

146 Aerodactyl

147 Latias
148 Latios

149 Zacian
150 Zamazenta

151 Celebi

And here's a picture of them all, inspired by the really cool one that @Alola made.

Regional Dex.png

All of my favourite Pokémon are here, apart from the Eevee family and some starters and legendaries, which I left out to save space. I considered including some Galarian forms, but decided to make the Pokédex "region-neutral" so that it could fit in anywhere in the Pokémon world.

I tried to include a balance of types, but I soon realised that having a perfect balance would require replacing too many of my favourite Pokémon with ones I like less. There's at least three fully-evolved Pokémon of each type, though, so it's more balanced than the original Kanto and Sinnoh Pokédexes at least.

Every Pokémon I included is one that I like enough to consider adding to my team (well, apart from perhaps Arrokuda, which is mainly there so that Cramorant has something to eat - but I do quite like Barraskewda). So if this was the Pokédex in an actual game, I'd have a field day!

Doing this made me appreciate the teams who decide these lists a whole lot more - there is so much to think about, regarding types, species representation and their relationship to the envisioned landscapes, base stat totals, breeding compatibility, player interests, overrated and underrated Pokémon, and so on.

I felt the same way as I was doing mine! I'd love to see what Game Freak's process for designing regional Pokédexes looks like - I wonder if they use lots of spreadsheets and diagrams? I could have spent weeks tweaking mine - in fact, I might update it every so often, perhaps each time a new generation comes out.

Last edited:
I love that you've gotten a really solid number of merely 'middling' species in there. The overall balance and distribution reminds me a lot of mine.

Every Pokémon I included is one that I like enough to consider adding to my team (well, apart from perhaps Arrokuda, which is mainly there so that Cramorant has something to eat - but I do quite like Barraskewda). So if this was the Pokédex in an actual game, I'd have a field day!

This was the really interesting part of the process for me - having your later picks shaped or outright dictated to by your earlier ones. 'I have Pinsir, I need Heracross', 'I have too many dogs, I need a cat' etc.

I love that you've gotten a really solid number of merely 'middling' species in there. The overall balance and distribution reminds me a lot of mine.

My favourite Pokemon have always been determined by designs rather than battle strengths, so this probably helped to make my Pokedex more balanced. It was kind of a happy accident. I didn't really pay a lot of attention to stats, although I did include Porygon-Z partly because I felt I needed another strong Normal-type. (I also just think the Porygon line is really cool.)

This was the really interesting part of the process for me - having your later picks shaped or outright dictated to by your earlier ones. 'I have Pinsir, I need Heracross', 'I have too many dogs, I need a cat' etc.

I nearly included Pinsir for the same reason, but then I realised that Heracross appeared by itself in the Sinnoh Dex, which I felt gave me permission to do the same. I did do the unthinkable, though, and included Braviary without its counterpart, Mandibuzz! Braviary is among my favourite Pokemon while Mandibuzz is actually one of my least favourites.

I actually had the same problem with my dog:cat ratio. As a dog and wolf lover, a lot of my favourite Pokemon are canines - I would have liked to include Mightyena and Arcanine but then there would have been too many. Your mention of Glameow in your first post made me think to check my own Dex for feline representation, and sure enough, there weren't any cats, so I added Purrloin (a Pokemon I used early on in my White playthrough).

A few other Pokemon didn't make the cut because of overlapping design inspirations. I wanted to include Burmy and Oddish, so that Ralts wouldn't be the only branched evolution line, but I had enough moths and humanoid flowers already. I suppose Rockruff technically has a branched evolution too.

~~~~~~~~~~

I often hear people saying that Johto was oversaturated with Kanto Pokemon, so I thought it would be interesting to make a condensed version of the Gold and Silver Pokedex...

Johto Pokedex.png

All the Johto Pokemon and their Kanto relatives are here, plus the following additions, which were actually quite easy to choose because they all have a specific purpose:
  • Gastly and Dratini lines (so that there isn't only one Ghost type and one Dragon type)
  • Bellsprout line (because of Sprout Tower)
  • Magikarp line (because of the Red Gyarados)
  • Ditto (the region that introduced breeding and baby Pokemon ought to have Ditto in its Pokedex)
  • Pinsir (Heracross' counterpart, and something for the Bug-Catching Contest)
  • Magnemite line (to showcase the new Steel type)
  • Tauros (Miltank's counterpart)
  • Shellder line (because of its relationship with the Slowpoke line)
  • Lapras (for the Union Cave encounter)
There's actually only 150 Pokemon here. I could add one more Pokemon from Kanto, but it would have to be one that doesn't evolve, and none of those seem particularly necessary. I'm a bit short on Fighting types, but there isn't enough space for the Mankey or Machop lines (unless I took out Ditto, Pinsir and/or Lapras, but I'd rather not do that). And Mankey shouldn't really appear without its version-exclusive counterpart, Meowth. There's so much to think about!

As far as I'm aware, Celebi wasn't kept secret in quite the same way that Mew was, so putting it in a hidden 151st slot doesn't seem quite so imperative.

In this hypothetical reimagining of Gold and Silver, all Pokemon in the regional Pokedex would be available in Johto. Yanma, Heracross, and the Ledyba and Spinarak lines (and maybe the Pineco line) would be added to the Bug-Catching Contest, to make up for the missing Kanto families. I'm thinking that the Ledyba and Spinarak lines could both appear in the Contest, regardless of the version you're playing, much like Caterpie and Weedle did.

Last edited:
For your 151st, maybe Mew? Though I'd probably make it #000. New species, recently discovered, let it start off the dex.

I'm doing a Dex based on texas (the place I live) I took weeks on ths a I hade to leave a lot of pokemon out due to space or for type diversity ,but I'm ok with it so here it is.

The starters are
  • the Treeko line
  • the Torchic line
  • the Mudkip line
not just 'cus there my favorites but also because they are the starter pokemon I feel best represent the region.

The early routes will take place in central Texas and the pokemon there are
  • Bidoof line (Buckee's a very popular chain of Texas gas stations mascot is a bever)
  • Corviknight line (there are a lot of crovids in Texas so it seems appropriate)
  • Butterfree line (for monarch butterflys)
  • Drilbur line (because Clay is very clearly Texan and this is his signature pokemon)
  • Snubull line (pitbulls, trust me there's a lot of pitbulls)
  • Pachirisu (there's a lot of squirrels and also Sandy Cheeks)
  • Noibat line (for Austin's famous bat show)
  • Jigglypuff line (county singers and for the moon association more on that later)
  • Ninjask line (there's alot of cicadas)
  • Galarian Zigzagoon line ( coon skin hats and also I like them)
  • Sunflora line (sunflower feilds are everywhere)
  • Munna line (dreamcatchers and moon conections)
  • Shinx line (bobcats and wildcats)

Next is farmland pokemon cus Texas has alot of those
  • Mudsdale line (work horses)
  • Rapidash line (riding horses)
  • Tauros and Miltank (cows and the famous Texas Longhorn)
  • Spionk line (pigs duh)
  • Gogoat line (goats are a very prevalent part of Texas and also we have alot of motorcycle enthusiasts)
  • Cottonee line (for good'ol suthern cotton)
  • Arbok line (rattle snakes and cobras)
  • Sandslash line (they are the closest to armadillos)

Next we move to the panhandle, the coldest part of the region (it's not super cold it's just chilly)
  • Boffalaunt (buffalo used to live in Texas)
  • Drapion line (scorpions)
  • Vaniluxe like (for our various in state icecream brands and it's one of the few ice types that make sense)
  • Mamoswine line (mammoths also used to live in Texas and it's the closest to a Javelina pokemon)
  • Magicarp line (because it's been in every region why stop with mine? You would also get the fishingrod around here)
  • Basculegion line (bass are in Texas and I liked using it in PLA)
  • Ludicolo line (We are very close to mexico so prepare here "it's Mexican" alot)
  • Shiftree line (there are oak trees here and it's the closest to a pecan pokemon)
  • Crawdaunt line (it's based on a species of crawfish that's native to Texas)
  • Drifloon line (just because it's my favorite)
  • Barboach line (Texans love catfish and armfishing)

Next is some pokemon for the caves and desert areas cus texas got alot of those
  • Colossal line (fossil fuel)
  • Galvantula line (for all the spiders ticks and tarantulas sorry if I just made you never wanna visit Texas)
  • Magnezone line (ufos and we have made alot of advancements in technology)
  • Sableye and Carbink (for all the various gems here)
  • Cubone line (cow skulls in the desert)
  • Lucario line (coyotes and I like it)
  • Durant and Heatmore (durant for all the ants and I like it and heatmore for motorcyclists and it comes with Durant)
  • Maractus and the Cacturne line (bTexas is one of the few places that actually has cactuses)
  • Flygon (antlions are native to Texas plus the whole spirit of the desert thing fits)
  • Xatu line (for Native American totem poles)
  • Hawlucha (it's Mexican)
  • Litwick line (for ghost towns)
  • Salandit line (bandits)
  • Polteageist line (sweet southern Texas tea yes I know it's black tea but just pretend alright)

Next is a bunch of fossil pokemon because Texas has alot of fossils and I'm not giving reasonings for these ones because they are all self explanatory
  • Onymite line
  • Archeops line
  • Arrous line
  • Tyrantrum line
  • Aerodactyl

Next we are moving all the way to east Texas to the swampy and coastal areas this is also where NASA is so expect some space pokemon
  • Hisuian Electrode line (wood carving is a popular hobby and I like it)
  • Heracross (there's alot of beatles plus it would be great at american football)
  • Toxicroak line (cor the more unpleasant crowds and type diversity)
  • Breloom line (type diversity and I like it)
  • Toxtricity line (for our famous rock concerts)
  • Clefairy line (for it's moon connection and as a stand jn for all the rabits jackrabbits and jackalope in Texas)
  • Minior (purely for its space connections)
  • Alolan Eggsecutor line (tall palm trees are in alot of places in Texas plus I think it's funny)
  • Starmie line (for a beach pokemon and space)
  • Sharpedo line (sharks are found here and I like it)
  • Tentacruel line (for an ocean pokemon and type diversity)
  • Lapras (as dex filler and for type diversity and who doesn't like Lapras)

Last is the psuedo and normal legendarys had to save these guys for last
  • Mettagross line (for space)
  • Volcarona (it's Mexican and contrast the legendary well and it's here in the dex because it's basically a psuedolegendary)
  • Cresselia (I chose it for the legendary because the whole moon space theme I have going on)
  • Darkrai (I chose it for the mythical because it's cresselia's partner, it has connections to the moon and it's similar to the Cocoy a Mexican monster that's basically the bogeyman)

Here is a drawing of the dex I did but if it doesn't show up than I also posted it on Instagram my account is just called Jash.
20220419_174559.jpg
This took me alot longer than I probably should've spent on it like not even just the drawing like the planning on wich pokemon to pick and wich one to leave in, and wich ones to leave or take out. But I don't regret a second of it and I might do another one if i feel like it.

Edit: I wanna show you some pokemon I was going to include but decided not to

• Numel line
  • Snivy and Squirtle lines
  • Sirfech'ed line
  • Furret line
  • Roselllia line
  • Jellesent line
  • Tangla line
  • Pinser
  • Castform
  • The weather trio (Groudon, Kyogre, Raquaza)
  • Crustle line
  • Audino
  • Victini

Last edited:
Alright, well, I couldn’t help but do it. This is more or less a favorites dex, but I stayed within the confines of existing tropes, typical biomes, and type balancing as much as I could. I enjoyed making it. Here we go.

1 Snivy
2 Servine
3 Serperior
4 Chimchar
5 Monferno
6 Infernape
7 Froakie
8 Frogadier
9 Greninja
10 Starly
11 Staravia
12 Staraptor
13 Zigzagoon (Galarian)
14 Linoone (Galarian)
15 Obstagoon
16 Bidoof
17 Bibarel
18 Seedot
19 Nuzleaf
20 Shiftry
21 Grubbin
22 Charjabug
23 Vikavolt
24 Pichu
25 Pikachu
26 Raichu
27 Emolga
28 Hondour
29 Houndoom
30 Budew
31 Roselia
32 Roserade
33 Wooper
34 Quagsire
35 Rhyhorn
36 Rhydon
37 Rhyperior
38 Riolu
39 Lucario
40 Mawile
41 Sableye
42 Magikarp
43 Gyarados
44 Psyduck
45 Golduck
46 Buizel
47 Floatzel
48 Trapinch
49 Vibrava
50 Flygon
51 Sandile
52 Krokorok
53 Krookodile
54 Helioptile
55 Heliolisk
56 Gligar
57 Gliscor
58 Dwebble
59 Crustle
60 Stunky
61 Skuntank
62 Lotad
63 Lombre
64 Ludicolo
65 Poliwag
66 Poliwhirl
67 Poliwrath
68 Koffing
69 Weezing
70 Klefki
71 Magnemite
72 Magneton
73 Magnezone
74 Togepi
75 Togetic
76 Togekiss
77 Magby
78 Magmar
79 Magmortar
80 Elekid
81 Electabuzz
82 Electivire
83 Ralts
84 Kirlia
85 Gardevoir
86 Gallade
87 Larvesta
88 Volcarona
89 Heracross
90 Scyther
91 Scizor
92 Rookidee
93 Corvisquire
94 Corviknight
95 Pawniard
96 Bisharp
97 Munchlax
98 Snorlax
99 Gastly
100 Haunter
101 Gengar
102 Golett
103 Golurk
104 Cubone
105 Marowak (Alolan)
106 Honedge
107 Doublade
108 Aegislash
109 Croagunk
110 Toxicroak
111 Zorua
112 Zoroark
113 Mimikyu
114 Porygon
115 Porygon2
116 Porygon-Z
117 Noibat
118 Noivern
119 Sneasel
120 Weavile
121 Snom
122 Frosmoth
123 Snover
124 Abomasnow
125 Darumaka (Galarian)
126 Darmanitan (Galarian)
127 Tyrunt
128 Tyrantrum
129 Anorith
130 Armaldo
131 Aerodactyl
132 Gible
133 Gabite
134 Garchomp
135 Larvitar
136 Pupitar
137 Tyranitar
138 Beldum
139 Metang
140 Metagross
141 Type: Null
142 Silvally
143 Uxie
144 Mesprit
145 Azelf
146 Reshiram
147 Zekrom
148 Kyurem
149 Mew
150 Genesect
151 Arceus

If I find a quick and dirty way to make it into an image I will, but we’ll see on that

this is a fun idea, and i have covid and am home for the rest of the week, so perhaps i will partake. how are you all making these delightful posters

So, I'm not done with mine, but I've been working on a dex based on a cosmic horror theme. I've decided on legends and most of the others, but I'm getting bogged down. Maybe going for 251 was a mistake?
EDIT: Okay, I finished. The plan is a combination of Lovecraft country, Appalachia, and the Rockies. I always thought 251 was the perfect size for a Pokedex, since Kanto's dex feels kind of small. The dex is as follows, formatted for Pokemon Essentials:
BULBASAUR,IVYSAUR,VENUSAUR
FENNEKIN,BRAIXEN,DELPHOX
POPPLIO,BRIONNE,PRIMARINA
CLEFFA,CLEFAIRY,CLEFABLE
MEOWTH,PERSIAN
LEDYBA,LEDIAN
STARLY,STARAVIA,STARAPTOR
ELGYEM,BEHEEYEM
SNORUNT,GLALIE,FROSLASS
EEVEE,VAPOREON,JOLTEON,FLAREON,ESPEON,UMBREON,LEAFEON,GLACEON,SYLVEON
ROGGENROLA,BOLDORE,GIGALITH
STARYU,STARMIE
SLUGMA,MAGCARGO
DUSKULL,DUSCLOPS,DUSKNOIR
BALTOY,CLAYDOL
TRAPINCH,VIBRAVA,FLYGON
ZUBAT,GOLBAT,CROBAT
KRABBY,KINGLER
MAGIKARP,GYARADOS
FEEBAS,MILOTIC
POLIWAG,POLIWHIRL,POLIWRATH,POLITOED
VULPIX,NINETALES
VANILLITE,VANILLISH,VANILLUXE
PINCURCHIN
KABUTO,KABUTOPS
AMAURA,AURORUS
ABRA,KADABRA,ALAKAZAM
ELEKID,ELECTABUZZ,ELECTIVIRE
MAGBY,MAGMAR,MAGMORTAR
PORYGON,PORYGON2,PORYGONZ
STANTLER
SUNKERN,SUNFLORA
CASTFORM
RIOLU,LUCARIO
PAWNIARD,BISHARP
LUVDISC,ALOMOMOLA
SANDYGAST,PALOSSAND
MISDREAVUS,MISMAGIUS
DITTO
ABSOL
ZORUA,ZOROARK
HIPPOPOTAS,HIPPOWDON
CHINCHOU,LANTURN
SLIGOO,GOOMY,GOODRA
CACNEA,CACTURNE
ODDISH,GLOOM,VILEPLUME,BELLOSSOM
SPIRITOMB
MRMIME
NATU,XATU
DROWZEE,HYPNO
LARVESTA,VOLCARONA
CUTIEFLY,RIBOMBEE
MARACTUS
BUDEW,ROSELIA,ROSERADE
SNEASEL,WEAVILE
SALANDIT,SALAZZLE
MAWILE
SABLEYE
TOGEPI,TOGETIC,TOGEKISS
SENTRET,FURRET
AUDINO
HERACROSS
SCYTHER,SCIZOR
YANMA,YANMEGA
GLIGAR,GLISCOR
YAMPER,BOLTHUND
PSYDUCK,GOLDUCK
SKARMORY
ONIX,STEELIX
NINCADA,NINJASK,SHEDINJA
LITWICK,LAMPENT,CHANDELURE
FOONGUS,AMOONGUSS
PARAS,PARASECT
GASTLY,HAUNTER,GENGAR
DRIFLOON,DRIFBLIM
BLIPBUG,DOTTLER,ORBEETLE
SKORUPI,DRAPION
CRYOGONAL
SIGILYPH
GOLETT,GOLURK
DEINO,ZWEILOUS,HYDREIGON
BARBOACH,WHISCASH
HOUNDOUR,HOUNDOOM
SHROOMISH,BRELOOM
VENONAT,VENOMOTH
MORELULL,SHIINOTIC
JOLTIK,GALVANTULA
CLAMPERL,HUNTAIL,GOREBYSS
SNUBBUL,GRANBULL
WOOPER,QUAGSIRE
CLOBBOPUS,GRAPPLOCT
HATENNA,HATTREM,HATTERENE
SHINX,LUXIO,LUXRAY
DUNSPARCE
FERROSEED,FERROTHORN
ROOKIDEE,CORVISQUIRE,CORVIKNIGHT
HEATMOR
DURANT
INKAY,MALAMAR
DARUMAKA,DARMANITAN
MIENFOO,MIENSHAO
BOUFFALANT
ZANGOOSE
SEVIPER
MURKROW,HONCHKROW
BELDUM,METANG,METAGROSS
LARVITAR,PUPITAR,TYRANITAR
CUBONE,MAROWAK
MINIOR
KANGASKHAN
NIHILEGO
PHEROMOSA
KARTANA
STAKATAKA
REGICE
REGIROCK
REGISTEEL
REGIELEKI
REGIDRAGO
REGIGIGAS
MEWTWO
DIALGA
PALKIA
GIRATINA
DEOXYS

None of them have much reasoning behind them, I just like their designs.
I also used TierMaker to create the finished product.
1660661381302.png

Last edited:
I really love this! I think having a theme to the Dex is a real strength of the new policy of game-specific dexes and I hope Gamefreak embraces that.

A couple notes: No Weirdeer? Also, did you intentionally make it look like Luvdisc and Alomomola were a family?

This seems like a fun idea, so I figured I'd make one.

There's not really a theme to this besides having a bunch of different biomes, because I wanted to put a lot of pokemon I really like in this, and don't think I can do both that and have a theme at the same time with only 151 pokemon. Also I find it stupid that previous starters never appear in any future games's pokedexes even though they're not the starter of that region, so I'm including more starters like than just the three starters. I don't see anything in the rules saying I can't do that, so I think it's fine.

Anyway:
Note: If a pokemon has a regional form's typing listed too, it means you can also get that)
  1. Treecko (Grass)
  2. Grovyle (Grass)
  3. Sceptile (Grass)
  4. Cyndaquil (Fire)
  5. Quilava (Fire)
  6. Typhlosion (Fire) (Fire/Ghost)
  7. Oshawott (Water)
  8. Dewott (Water)
  9. Samurott (Water) (Water/Dark)
  10. Sentret (Normal)
  11. Furret (Normal)
  12. Rookidee (Flying)
  13. Corvisquire (Flying)
  14. Corviknight (Flying/Steel)
  15. Vulpix (Fire) (Ice)
  16. Ninetales (Fire) (Ice/Fairy)
  17. Riolu (Fighting)
  18. Lucario (Fighting/Steel)
  19. Finneon (Water)
  20. Lumineon (Water)
  21. Joltik (Bug/Electric)
  22. Galvantula (Bug/Electric)
  23. Rhyhorn (Rock/Ground)
  24. Rhydon (Rock/Ground)
  25. Rhyperior (Rock/Ground)
  26. Noibat (Dragon/Flying)
  27. Noivern (Dragon/Flying)
  28. Igglybuff (Normal/Fairy)
  29. Jigglypuff (Normal/Fairy)
  30. Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy)
  31. Pachirisu (Electric)
  32. Deerling (Grass/Normal)
  33. Sawsbuck (Grass/Normal)
  34. Zigzagoon (Normal) (Dark/Normal)
  35. Linoone (Normal) (Dark/Normal)
  36. Obstagoon (Dark/Normal)
  37. Hoot Hoot (Normal/Flying)
  38. Noctowl (Normal/Flying)
  39. Swinub (Ice/Ground)
  40. Piloswine (Ice/Ground)
  41. Mamoswine (Ice/Ground)
  42. Sneasel (Dark/Ice)
  43. Weavile (Dark/Ice)
  44. Gastly (Ghost/Poison)
  45. Haunter (Ghost/Poison)
  46. Gengar (Ghost/Poison)
  47. Litwick (Ghost/Fire)
  48. Lampent (Ghost/Fire)
  49. Chandelure (Ghost/Fire)
  50. Poochyena (Dark)
  51. Mightyena (Dark)
  52. Pancham (Fighting)
  53. Pangoro (Fighting/Dark)
  54. Buizel (Water)
  55. Floatzel (Water)
  56. Squirtle (Water)
  57. Wartortle (Water)
  58. Blastoise (Water)
  59. Turtwig (Grass)
  60. Grotle (Grass)
  61. Torterra (Grass/Ground)
  62. Shinx (Electric)
  63. Luxio (Electric)
  64. Luxray (Electric)
  65. Yamper (Electric)
  66. Boltund (Electric)
  67. Lapras (Water/Ice)
  68. Piplup (Water)
  69. Prinplup (Water)
  70. Empoleon (Water/Steel)
  71. Wooper (Water/Ground)
  72. Quagsire (Water/Ground)
  73. Chinchou (Water/Electric)
  74. Lanturn (Water/Electric)
  75. Spheal (Water/Ice)
  76. Sealeo (Water/Ice)
  77. Walrein (Water/Ice)
  78. Eevee (Normal)
  79. Vaporeon (Water)
  80. Jolteon (Electric)
  81. Flareon (Fire)
  82. Espeon (Psychic)
  83. Umbreon (Dark)
  84. Leafeon (Grass)
  85. Glaceon (Ice)
  86. Sylveon (Fairy)
  87. Skiddo (Grass)
  88. Gogoat (Grass)
  89. Abra (Psychic)
  90. Kadabra (Psychic)
  91. Alakazam (Psychic)
  92. Espurr (Psychic)
  93. Meowstic (Psychic)
  94. Fennekin (Fire)
  95. Braixen (Fire)
  96. Delphox (Fire/Psychic)
  97. Growlithe (Fire) (Fire/Rock)
  98. Arcanine (Fire) (Fire/Rock)
  99. Rockruff (Rock)
  100. Lycanroc (Rock)
  101. Axew (Dragon)
  102. Fraxure (Dragon)
  103. Fraxure (Dragon)
  104. Girafarig (Normal/Psychic)
  105. Cufant (Steel)
  106. Copperajah (Steel)
  107. Sandshrew (Ground) (Ice/Steel)
  108. Sandslash (Ground) (Ice/Steel)
  109. Cubone (Ground)
  110. Marowak (Ground) (Fire/Ghost)
  111. Sandile (Ground/Dark)
  112. Krokorok (Ground/Dark)
  113. Krookodile (Ground/Dark)
  114. Numel (Fire/Ground)
  115. Camerupt (Fire/Ground)
  116. Charmander (Fire)
  117. Charmeleon (Fire)
  118. Charizard (Fire/Flying)
  119. Larvitar (Rock/Ground)
  120. Pupitar (Rock/Ground)
  121. Tyranitar (Rock/Dark)
  122. Tyrunt (Rock/Dragon)
  123. Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)
  124. Amaura (Ice/Rock)
  125. Aurorus (Ice/Rock)
  126. Duskull (Ghost)
  127. Dusclops (Ghost)
  128. Dusknoir (Ghost)
  129. Mareep (Electric)
  130. Flaaffy (Electric)
  131. Ampharos (Electric)
  132. Pichu (Electric)
  133. Pikachu (Electric)
  134. Raichu (Electric) (Electric/Psychic)
  135. Heracross (Bug/Fighting)
  136. Stufful (Normal/Fighting)
  137. Bewear (Normal/Fighting)
  138. Litten (Fire)
  139. Torracat (Fire)
  140. Incineroar (Fire)
  141. Absol (Dark)
  142. Dreepy (Ghost/Dragon)
  143. Drakloak (Ghost/Dragon)
  144. Dragapult (Ghost/Dragon)
  145. Articuno (Ice/Flying)
  146. Zapdos (Electric/Flying)