• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What’s it like having the dlc’s?

Reaction score
I don’t have the dlc’s but how do you think about it, what is your take on it? I only know the rivals… thats why he’s my banner.
64D1EF61-2639-4D1C-B6E1-09E211756BD8.gif

Honestly, they're great - well worth the money. The Wild Areas are much improved (especially on the Isle of Armour), the characters are some of the best in the entire franchise, the mini-stories are fun, Legendary Raids are a good time-sink... highly recommended.

Honestly, they're great - well worth the money. The Wild Areas are much improved (especially on the Isle of Armour), the characters are some of the best in the entire franchise, the mini-stories are fun, Legendary Raids are a good time-sink... highly recommended.
Thank you I hope I can buy it soon it seems fun!!!

I didn't intend to buy the DLC's for a good amount of time. The first week of the January, I was tested positive for the Covid and I was at home for a good two weeks, so I bought some stuff on my Switch to kill time. The DLC was one of them. The thing is, I started playing but I didn't make it all that far as it wasn't really as great as I expected. Then my Brilliant Diamond copy arrived, so I left it for good. It still waits for me to finish the DLC story now. Maybe it will leave a much more fun impression later but for now all I can say is, it is not my cup of tea all that much...

I actually still haven't finished Crown Tundra. The DLCs I guess were disappointing to me... not enough of the kind of meat I like in a Pokemon game to keep me coming back, although it really all comes down to your preferred play style.

isle of armor: honestly felt pretty meh. the wild areas are definitely nicer and an improvement on the base game, but considering the plot of the dlc is very short, it left me wanting more at the time. s: it was like.... "really? is that all there is to it?"

the pokemon variety was cool to see, though!

crown tundra: better than ioa imo, but i haven't 100% finished it yet because i was going through real life stuff at the time and i was undecided which calyrex form i wanted to pick. but from what i've experienced, this isn't bad at all and dynamax adventures is pretty neat, with the biggest disadvantage being the random mon picks and the dumb AIs

they're definitely both an improvement over the base game, ct moreso than ioa, but both were pretty fun~

Isle of Armor is more fun if you start a new game. Battling Klara/Avery can be genuinely tough if you do the content at level.

IOA is probably best done alongside the game's plot, rather than as a postgame activity, but it's well worth your time. I wouldn't call it immaculate but it takes the Wild Area idea and pushes it in a way that's new and interesting. CT is legitimately the best part of SWSH though, hands down. Granted, I'm extremely biased towards Spectrier, but it's very fun. In general I think its zones are prone to cooler vistas than either of the two before it.

I thought they were okay. I only bought them once because I didn't feel like shelving out $60 to play it on Sword as well. I liked the story in Isle of Armor, it was a fun time waster, and the Crown Tundra added some interesting lore and other fun things to it that made it worthwhile for me. The Dynamax Adventures were fun when I tried them, and I liked how they expanded some legendary families, and whatnot.

Crown Tundra is much better than Isle of Armor with the DLC of the two, imo, only real pro to the latter is getting Kubfu and a random starter Pokemon in comparison.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom