• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's Needed to Play Through The Indigo Disk (possibly a bug?)

BorealRookidee

Little Parid from the Great White North
Reaction score
My sister encountered an interesting scenario while playing The Indigo Disk.

She proceeded as normal through the DLC up until just after the class where you have to catch an Aloan Pokemon. After doing this, the game prevented her from progressing as she apparently needs to complete "the professor's final tasks and the adventure in the Land of Kitamaki". But she has already completed The Way Home and caught Ogerpon. Is this a bug, or is there some additional requirement for progression that's missing? The only thing I could think of is that she didn't catch all three of the Loyal Three.

Last edited:
Has she had the final battle with Carmine after getting Ogerpon and gotten the "To be Continued..." screen in the Teal Mask? My understanding from others answering this question is that you don't need to catch the Loyal Three, just need to make sure Carmine and Kieran have returned to Blueberry and that the main story is done, but dunno for sure. I've been hearing some conflicting stories on it myself.

Has she had the final battle with Carmine after getting Ogerpon and gotten the "To be Continued..." screen in the Teal Mask? My understanding from others answering this question is that you don't need to catch the Loyal Three, just need to make sure Carmine and Kieran have returned to Blueberry and that the main story is done, but dunno for sure. I've been hearing some conflicting stories on it myself.
It is possible that's the issue, I don't know if she has done this. But, if that is the case, why would the game let her begin The Indigo Disk at all?

Not sure, my initial impression what that you couldn't even go there until you were done with everything but apparently you can... you just can't do much. Kinda weird, but I guess it's part of the whole "freedom to do whatever" thing. You could go to CT right off the bat in SWSH too even though you'd be underleveled, but CT didn't have the story continuity thing between DLCs going on.

Not sure, my initial impression what that you couldn't even go there until you were done with everything but apparently you can... you just can't do much. Kinda weird, but I guess it's part of the whole "freedom to do whatever" thing. You could go to CT right off the bat in SWSH too even though you'd be underleveled, but CT didn't have the story continuity thing between DLCs going on.
The whole reason you get sent to Blueberry is because Carmine recommended you, right? So how could you start Indigo Disk without it?

The whole reason you get sent to Blueberry is because Carmine recommended you, right? So how could you start Indigo Disk without it?

I mean it's possible Carmine could've called Cyrano from Kitakami. Makes much more sense when she's back at BB Academy, but it could still technically work without it.

I think the dialogue changes a little if you haven't completed it yet. Think Cyrano says he just "had sources that you were someone to keep an eye on" if you haven't gotten to that point yet.

True, but thats why Peony is there, to form some sort of roadblock until you at least have become champion, since he will batter you into the ground.

Found the issue here. Yes, she had apparently not completed the final battle with Carmine. Apparently the game will still let you go there even if you do not complete this (even though she was still able to find trainers in the Terarium that referenced Kieran being champion).

Found the issue here. Yes, she had apparently not completed the final battle with Carmine. Apparently the game will still let you go there even if you do not complete this (even though she was still able to find trainers in the Terarium that referenced Kieran being champion).
Are you sure that’s the solution? Because I’ve suffered the same glitch, yet I’ve double and triple checked that I’ve completed the Kitakami storyline. I’ve even gotten the new outfits you get by visiting the grandfather after the siblings have left for Blueberry.

Are you sure that’s the solution? Because I’ve suffered the same glitch, yet I’ve double and triple checked that I’ve completed the Kitakami storyline. I’ve even gotten the new outfits you get by visiting the grandfather after the siblings have left for Blueberry.

Have you also completed The Way Home arc from the main storyline and gotten initial credits? I don't know if the Academy Ace arc after that is necessary, but wouldn't hurt to complete it too if it's not working.

True, but thats why Peony is there, to form some sort of roadblock until you at least have become champion, since he will batter you into the ground.

He is, but that's not a must-win fight. If you lose he just tells you to be careful next time and you're free to go. You can't catch Calyrex and all wild mons will be in the 60s, but iirc you can go to the Max Raids and get level 70 Pokemon that will obey you. Think I remember speedrunners being all hyped up over that.

Is the main story in mainland a prerequisite to progress in indigo disk?

Is the main story in mainland a prerequisite to progress in indigo disk?
When I started playing the Indigo Disk, I had already completed The Way Home storyline from the main game and the last Carmine fight in the Teal Mask. Some people have noticed there was some sort of bug that allowed you get into Blueberry Academy without the doing the final fight in the Teal Mask. However, I am not sure if you have to finish the main quest before you start the Indigo DIsk, but I assume you must.

My sister encountered an interesting scenario while playing The Indigo Disk.

She proceeded as normal through the DLC up until just after the class where you have to catch an Aloan Pokemon. After doing this, the game prevented her from progressing as she apparently needs to complete "the professor's final tasks and the adventure in the Land of Kitamaki". But she has already completed The Way Home and caught Ogerpon. Is this a bug, or is there some additional requirement for progression that's missing? The only thing I could think of is that she didn't catch all three of the Loyal Three.
The same thing happened to my gf when we went to go see what the pokemon center nurse said to do next it said our friends are waiting at the crater so we went there to find the professor sada was waiting for us to place the scarlet book in the Time Machine again. So we had to fight her all over again

I have exactly the same problem here, Carmine didn't call me after showing the Alola Pokémon.

I'm stuck in the game. Has anyone managed to resolve the problem yet?

I have exactly the same problem here, Carmine didn't call me after showing the Alola Pokémon.

I'm stuck in the game. Has anyone managed to resolve the problem yet?
Check to make sure you've done all the main quest in Kitakami and defeated the AI Professor.

one thing you need to do is you need to have done the AI professor fight and the kitakami story.

Back
Top Bottom