• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's new: The vB4 upgrade: How the forums have changed, and a little shameless self

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
What's new: The vB4 upgrade: How the forums have changed, and a little shameless self-promotion

It's been a while since the Bulbagarden Forums upgraded to vBulletin 4 and, well, there's some cool stuff there you might not have noticed. Read all about it in this here handy news article!

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: What's new: The vB4 upgrade: How the forums have changed, and a little shameless

Professor Orchid’s Live Caster is a sub-forum of the Pokémon Anime section. The two primary types of discussion that take place here are categorized into either Debate threads or Contest threads. Debate threads are used for topics that are frequently discussed among the fandom where users may have very differing opinions from one another. These include subjects that foster heated discussion among the fandom, such as certain characters (Misty, Iris)

LOL, I love how only Misty and Iris were mentioned. I guess people do their most debating about them.

Although to be honest the debates about Iris were caused only because of one particular person.

Re: What's new: The vB4 upgrade: How the forums have changed, and a little shameless

Although to be honest the debates about Iris were caused only because of one particular person.

The aim of Live Caster was to have Debate threads for all the travelling companions in Best Wishes, as well as past characters of note (Brock).

If your logic were true, we would have made a Johto Debate thread ages ago.

The aim of Live Caster was to have Debate threads for all the travelling companions in Best Wishes, as well as past characters of note (Brock).

That is true, yet since anyone can post a topic there, why aren't more people doing so? It seems the only threads started there are by the same select few people, and everyone else just replies. And oddly enough most of the "debates," especially character debates, are about the same 2-3 characters. Is it because opinion on those characters are more divided than others?

If your logic were true, we would have made a Johto Debate thread ages ago.

Well there's nothing stopping you. :p

That is true, yet since anyone can post a topic there, why aren't more people doing so? It seems the only threads started there are by the same select few people, and everyone else just replies. And oddly enough most of the "debates," especially character debates, are about the same 2-3 characters. Is it because opinion on those characters are more divided than others?
Notice how it was basically the same select few people discussing the same 2-3 characters before that forum's creation?

Notice how it was basically the same select few people discussing the same 2-3 characters before that forum's creation?

Well there are always debates about Misty, mainly because opinion on that character is so sharply divided. Some people get too nostalgic about the character, others are not as attached. And the way the writers handled her in general leaves much room to debate.

That is true, yet since anyone can post a topic there, why aren't more people doing so?

I'm not too sure. I guess there isn't anything that people currently wish to debate, though if anybody has an idea, they are very welcome to make a thread. Even if we don't think it would be a fit for Live Caster, 99% of the time we'll move it to the main Anime section where it can still be seen and posted in.

It seems the only threads started there are by the same select few people, and everyone else just replies. And oddly enough most of the "debates," especially character debates, are about the same 2-3 characters. Is it because opinion on those characters are more divided than others?

I guess that is just the nature of the Pokémon Anime, in that some characters generate more discussion than others. I think it could be because opinions are more divided, and thus there is more to discuss and compare. I think it would be great to have some more discussion about characters that aren't talked about much.

Likewise, if users don't necessarily want to debate a topic, we always have Contest Hall threads in Live Caster to participate in as well as Caption the Screenshots. Hopefully with those, it means that anyone interested in the Pokémon Anime can enjoy Live Caster.

Well there's nothing stopping you. :p

I know, but I simply don't care enough to make one :p

Well there are always debates about Misty, mainly because opinion on that character is so sharply divided. Some people get too nostalgic about the character, others are not as attached. And the way the writers handled her in general leaves much room to debate.
I don't think that was the point I was making. It's a new forum, only natural that the people who regularly made these discussions would be the ones dominating it right now.

The point of this news article was to encourage people to visit and post in these new forums. Hopefully we'll see some new people and have less domination of certain posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom