• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's the best thing you've found in a Hidden Grotto?

Flygon95

Reaction score
Have you discovered any rare Pokemon? I've seen Absol, Hariyama, etc. I DID manage to find an Bagon that was like level 56 or something near the Challenge Rock in B2, and a Leavanny in Lostlorn Forest, but other than that it's been straight Pokeballs and Potions.

How about you?

I remember finding a Pinsir at Lostlorn Forest and a Lombre at the Pond Grotto at Route 3. There were other mons I found. Item-wise, there were times I found evostones, but it's a bummer when I find mulch and mushrooms.

One time I found a Male Nidoran. Eeyup, that's about the only useful thing I've ever found in a Hidden Grotto...

A (believe it or not) shiny Lombre. That Ludicolo is now a permanent member of the team on B2, and his name is Shineapple.
Pics or it didn´t happen!!!!! So lucky you.
Me? I got nothing decent. Maybe a leavanny the first time ever I entered a HG, it was at lostlorn forest.

Me? Well, lucky girl I am, I was looking for drizzle politoed, and I went to Pinwheel Forest and in the hidden grotto THERE. IT. WAS.

The best I've ever gotten was a Marril with Sap Sipper. Which is total bullshit. I usually find mulch. As in like, 97% of the time it's mulch. Or like a tinymushroom or something.

I was really excited the first time I found a Pachirisu. Now it's pretty much the only Pokemon I find. xD

Regenerator Tangela, which I then raised. Regenerator Tangrowth is awesome.

A female Breloom with Technician! Her name's Dana and she's such a cutie. :>

I was really excited to finally get a Ditto in the hidden hollow. I also found a Bagon (caught it in a Dive Ball because blueeee).

A Manectric (and a female one). I didn't evek know that Manectric were present in W2 :D

I've changed my answer. Today, I found a Pachirisu, which gave me the best idea for a nickname: Patch. You know, because PACHirisu, PATCH, get it? Haha...

...I'll shut up now...

A female Sap Sipper Zebstrika. It took me over a week of searching to get it to appear.

I killed it with a critical hit...

A (believe it or not) shiny Lombre. That Ludicolo is now a permanent member of the team on B2, and his name is Shineapple.
Pics or it didn´t happen!!!!! So lucky you.
Me? I got nothing decent. Maybe a leavanny the first time ever I entered a HG, it was at lostlorn forest.

I'm sure that hidden grotto pokemon cannot be shiny so I believe this not.

My best find is an imposter ditto. Got lucky and only took 20ish resets to find it.

That implies I actually found something in a Hidden Grotto. Just items as far as I can remember...

I've got a Toxic Boost Zangoose sitting in one of my Grottoes in Black 2. I'm pretty sure that's the best thing I've found. Usually it's just mulch.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom