• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's the Most Foolish Thing You've done with a Master Ball?

Why do people keep mentioning ages? Age has nothing to do with your intelligence or your common sense.

I mean you can be 30 and use the Master Ball at something pretty common and be 5 years old and never using it until truly needed.

Because they feel like it? o.o

stupidest thing? well, not me, but my brother...he took the "catch any Pokemon" thing too literally and tried to catch one of Sabrina's Pokemon while he was fighting her for the badge. don't remember how old he was, though. ^^;;;

I just got into Pokemon. I used the Master Ball on a... Tangela.

Well, I always used my master balls for a legendary,but my friend told me he used a Master Ball on a Bellsprout. That was the Master Ball he was going to use on a Ho-Oh. (bummer)

Sold it. However I reseted when I noticed I got no money.

Then caugth a stupid ditto (as some guy told me they were like a one-time chance thing... and I was too naive to believe so.) and saved like "whoo I caught a ditto!".
Another one popped up right after that.

When I first got one in Blue, I somehow had the idea that since it could catch any Pokemon, this meant it would work in trainer battles. So... I threw mine at some trainer's Pokemon. I can't remember what that Pokemon was or whether I got the ball back, but I do remember my devestation when it said that the trainer blocked the ball. =(

I caught a Yanma with a master ball when I was nine.
I had no clue what it was and I was trying out someone else's game.

I let my sister play with my red version and she caught a lvl 7 mankey with it

I used it on a Pidgey on Red because I didn't know it was one-of-a-kind. That, and I was only 9 years old. ^^;

I managed to miss the Master Ball completely in Ruby. This wasn't a problem for a while, as I captured most of the legendaries okay with Ultra Balls. Up until... Latios. Yeah. He was down to 1 HP and paralysed and the bugger was still busting out of Ultra Balls with total contempt. In the end, I had to trade over the Master Ball from Fire Red to catch him. Incidentally, Mewtwo went into an Ultra Ball with relatively little hassle. It does help that he stays in the same place...

On my first time around playing Pokemon Emerald, I accidently attached it to a Skitty and traded it for the Mewoth you can get in the Battle Frontier.

I didn't do this, but I have a GTS sealeo caught with a master ball.

Yeah I got a level 50 honchkrow inside a masterball from the gts. It also has a champion ribbon and some other random ribbon. lol all that for a level 28 japanese honchkrow that I didn't want because it was japanese. On topic. I havent done anything stupid with my masterballs except beat all of emerald without catching even one of the legendaries and then starting a new game that I didn't finish. I did however make two copies of the masterball I never used and sent them to Pearl so I could catch the running pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom