• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's the Most Foolish Thing You've done with a Master Ball?

I personally never use the masterball in game as it looks horrible and feels tacky. The only two pokemon I've ever used it on was a shiny Magmar on Platinum because the only pokemon I had with me was a level 10 Abra I was EV training, my level 68 HM slave Bibaral, and a MICHINA Arceus. Obviously none of them had what it took to keep the Magmar alive or hurt it at all so I used the master ball. The second was a Latios on Emerald because it kept running.

I used it on Rayquaza in Emerald during my first playthrough, and I couldn't catch Latios after.

umm........ moltres in LG, right before shiny mewtwo sweeped my team.:banghead:

Had a leftover when I was migrating Gen IV Pokemon and ran out of Pokeballs to catch Pokemon to trade with one of other games so I caught a level 2 Hoothoot in HG.

Wasted it on a shiny Swellow on Black. Yeah, it's a shiny, but when you take into account that the Pokédex records shiny PKMN, they suddenly lose their value.

I used it on a Seadra on Pokemon Red, because ALL of my Ultra Balls missed! lolz

I used it on Rayquaza in Emerald during my first playthrough, and I couldn't catch Latios after.

I purposfully stopped myself from doing that so i could clone the ball to use on the other slew of legendaries that i wanted to SR for natures.
But omg it was so hard to resist, to this day Rayquaza was my hardest legendary capture to date. He took me more than 40 tries (thats ~50mins of battling) because he would either bust out of all my balls or kill himself (;-;)
it was worth it though.

Wasted it on a shiny Swellow on Black. Yeah, it's a shiny, but when you take into account that the Pokédex records shiny PKMN, they suddenly lose their value.

i'll take it if you don't want it then ;P

And as i posted aaaaages earlier, i used my only MB on a FR Zapdos, but in all fairness, up until that point i had never actually CAUGHT a legendary..rather i murdered them all...and saved :'( and i STILL can't catch Suicune :mad:

I used master balls on normal pokemon multiple times but that wasn't foolish cause I was trying to get a complete set(which I did) and I had used the master ball event

The most foolish thing was using it on Groundon Latios is way harder to catch

In the first generation I thought a master ball could catch ANYTHING, including 'mons that belonged to NPCs. I used it to catch something that another NPC had and they blocked the ball. ;.; I never forgot that. I was also 11. XD

Magikarp.

That was last week, awww yeah :smokin:

Being serious I generally don;t use my Masterball on anything, or if I do use it its on something like a magikarp or bidoof. Just seems like cheating to me, using it on a legendary. Probably the only time I'd use it on one if it was shiny.

i dropped my master ball by accident in yellow when i was lost in the seafoam isalnds looking for an escape rope.(i was 9) -.-

Used it on Kyogre in Sapphire, then I came up against Rayquaza. I was resoundly spanked. Only error I've ever made with it. But as a small boy, the day the 6th Slot Glitch went round my Primary School, my sister used it on a Ponyta on our shared copy of Blue before I could get home and tell her. I was distraught; not all the rare candies and calcium in the world helped me through it.

In Pokemon Black....catched A Metang with mine :p
I even remember wasting mine on a Hariyama on pokemon ruby once

Last edited:
I caught a zigzagoon with the darn masterball while accidentally spamming A and not knowing what I was pressing... those evil little creatures appeared in every route...

Using it on a Snorlax in FireRed, because it kept spamming Rest.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom