• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's the Most Foolish Thing You've done with a Master Ball?

Yeah, that battle was a bit unreasonably difficult. While story-wise it makes for a good example of how dangerous this pokemon is, but gameplay wise it's a bad idea to throw something that frustrating at players. It's so notorious that when I was starting my game and hadn't even gotten to see the first trial before I was hearing about this fight from other players. I was already keeping the battle in mind which is why when I got my masterball I was like "Yep, gonna avoid that fight with this!"

Yeah, that battle was a bit unreasonably difficult. While story-wise it makes for a good example of how dangerous this pokemon is, but gameplay wise it's a bad idea to throw something that frustrating at players. It's so notorious that when I was starting my game and hadn't even gotten to see the first trial before I was hearing about this fight from other players. I was already keeping the battle in mind which is why when I got my masterball I was like "Yep, gonna avoid that fight with this!"
And I forgot that that was my reaction, too. *looks at Necrozma* *looks at level 69 Venusaur* This is gonna suck, right?

Yes, but I felt like it was a little too much since the times I had to beat it I had to resort to stall it with Revives until it only uses Struggle or abuse Roto Boosts. I like challenges, but when you have to resort to dirty tactics, it feels like was not well designed.
You don't have to though. Sure, it's a way, but hardly the only one. First time I challenged it I got my ass handed to me. I learned from that, went back to grind a little, developed a new strategy and beat it. And I did that by getting it badly poisoned and using a shiinotic and a blissey, as well as my incineroar was really rather helpful. Simply cause this combination could hinder it pretty well, or could use super effective moves, or had access to healing.

You don't have to though. Sure, it's a way, but hardly the only one. First time I challenged it I got my ass handed to me. I learned from that, went back to grind a little, developed a new strategy and beat it. And I did that by getting it badly poisoned and using a shiinotic and a blissey, as well as my incineroar was really rather helpful. Simply cause this combination could hinder it pretty well, or could use super effective moves, or had access to healing.
Yes, but a) I don't like grinding in Pokémon since it's already easy to get overleveled b) Necrozma shouldn't be that high leveled. Really, it looked like something like a bad romhack (points at Dark Rising and Snakewood) c) I'm doing x-Pokémon only challenges, so I can't poison it or the like. Using Venusaur, Charizard and Butterfree against it was terribly painful and I'm not looking forward doing this with Beedrill next...

Not ever using and not having the chance to use it :/ I almost always saved the Master Ball for specific moments, but most times I ended up not ever using it.

Um...since the story often has it be some kind of emergency that you catch the mascot Legendary Pokémon, I always assume that the player would probably want to end that emergency ASAP, so it’s become tradition for me to just lob the Master Ball at, say, Groudon or Zekrom, or Yveltal...hehe

Way back playing Gold I wasted it on a Graveler. Just a normal Graveler. I wasn't the smartest kid with it. At least as fate would have it 10 years later when playing Platinum I ran into a shiny Graveler while not owning a Master Ball so everything comes full circle.

Past that I'm just in the same group as many others now and just hold onto my Master Ball and never use it in the event I'll need it.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom