• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's the Most Foolish Thing You've done with a Master Ball?

My Friend used his on a level 32 electrode coz he thought that u could buy master balls and he didnt really understand it. lol

I once, on Blue, caught Zapdos with it. I know it doesn't sound really stupid, but it was the stupidest thing I ever did with a masterball. Now I always keep my masterball in the PC so I don't accidentally use it, or if the game doesn't allow ball storage, I make a Pokemon hold it, do it doesn't appear in my bag.
I know, ditto on my FireRed, I was SOOOOO desperate to catch one.

So idiotic.

I swear.

palkia snorlax crystal zapdos firered moltres leafgreen raqaza saw latias ran away never saw it again cuz i used it on raquaza T_T yes i needed the master ball for latias because it ran and i didnt have the masterball to catch it with

Last edited:
Not sure if this qualifies as "stupid", but I almost always use the master ball on the version exclusive.

I was playing through Ruby after I had gotten Pearl (since I hadn't played Gen III before) and immediately migrated it to Pearl. I then realized what a pain in the @$$ it was to catch Rayquaza/Latias without it, especially since I had already caught all of the legendaries in Pearl.

I guess it could be me copying it and rare candies to such an extent that my Red version that it no longer saved when I tried playing it again after Gold and Silver came out. Then again, it wasn't that bad of a mistake, especially since I was probably eight or nine, considering I got red when I was eight. Although I did catch Mewtwo with a pokeball at full health. That's the only trick that I've used that's worked. There was one that almost worked on R/S by getting 3 shakes occasionally.

I think I once also used a Master Ball on a Kyogre, although I lost the game before I caught Rayquaza, and I was roughly 12 pokemon away from having all >.> And even then, most remaining were evolutions of traded pokemon I already had and that Rayquaza. But this isn't relevant >.> Although Latios and Latias were still needed, too.

Since before I faced the legendaries in Ruby (First Pokémon game I owned. Lol.) my friend told me to use the Master Ball on Latios or Rayquaza so I didn't really make any mistakes.. but I think the worst thing I've done with a Master Ball is used it on Mesprit and like, half an hour later I traded it over the GTS. -_- Luckily I had one in FireRed so I could get Cresselia -- now THAT'S the best thing I caught with a Master Ball. Woohoo for good nature!

Let's split this by generation.
Gen. I: Used it on a Snorlax.
Gen. II: Used it on a Gligar
Gen. III: Used it on Kyogre.
Gen. IV: N/A. I'm saving it for Arceus.

i used a masterball on a lvl.128 golduck in red, a larvitar in silver, raquaza in ruby/saphire/emerald. dialga in diamond and i didn't use it in pearl, i caught palkia with a great ball so i have one spare

I used it on Rayquaza and emerad and my brother was playing it the other day and got all pissed because he couldn't catch Latios.

I let my friend play my copy of FireRed, and he caught a Pidgeotto with it, thank god I never saved it...

I remember it well. o.o I was in the third grade, over at my friend's house. Messed w/ her brother's Emerald Version. Tossed a Master Ball at a Linoone at level 23. And saved. xD

The second time I played through my Red version, (I must have been about six years old), I caught a Ditto (one of those ones before the E4), because a friend told me there was only one per game.

The third time I played through Red, I used it on a a Missingno. (probably the same as the Level 128 Golduck bigdonkey1 mentioned), not realizing that you could catch it with an Ultra Ball if you put it to sleep or something.

On Silver, I used it on Entei, but then I just cloned another and sent it over from Gold, then cloned that one about another thirty times.

Now, *glances around nervously* I can mass-produce them over on my Emerald version, so be it Heatran or Mespirit, there isn't much effort going into epic legendary catching battles anymore.

The stupidest thing...

When I was really little, my brother told me that the Master Ball would catch anything EXCEPT for Mewtwo (this was in the good old R/B days). So I went and caught a Ponyta. *facepalm*

Pff. Back in Blue I had 999999 Master Balls.

In FireRed, I used it on that damn Marowak in Ghost Tower(cause I thought you could catch it)

In Diamond, I used it on Mesprit.. probably should've saved it for Cresselia.

I was in a hurry, and i only had a Master ball,so i accidently used it on a Zubat. Oh come on , i was just 5.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom