• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's the Most Foolish Thing You've done with a Master Ball?

In Silver, I used it on Lugia...then realized later I should have saved it for Ho-oh, who was a much higher level and harder to catch.

I almost never used my Master Ball... I almost never used any item that I can only get once... Just for the sake of having a complete item list...

I didn't get mine from the Magma base in Sapphire. At all.

You may proceed to mock.

I didn't get mine from the Magma base in Sapphire. At all.

You may proceed to mock.

*Mocked*

Only joking!

Mewtwo in all the gen 1's!

Shoulda saved it for pigging ZAPDOS!

(very hard to catch when your 11/12!)

In Yellow I used a Master Ball on a Shelder since I was out of ultra balls and had no money left. Even better was the fact that I actually knew that I should save it for Mewtwo thanks to a strategy guide I had, but I still wasted it.

Last edited:
I feel smart.

I used mine to catch everything.

"Oh look! A legendary pokemon! Good thing I have this Master Ball! *throws* Yay! I got an Articuno!" (Y)

"Oh look! A legendary pokemon! Now I can test out this Master Ball! *throws* Alright! Ho-oh is mine!" (G)

"Oh look! A legendary pokemon! I have a Master Ball... let's use it! *throws* Yay! I have Lugia!" (S)

"Oh look! A legendary pokemon! I won't see this thing again... I should use my Master Ball! *throws* Ha! Eat that, Suicune!" (C)

"Kyogre?! I gotta have it! *throws* Yeah! One more down!" (S)

"Groudon? I already have one, but... who cares?! Master Ball, FIRE!" (R) (I had traded my friend a Yugioh card for his Ruby version, Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV.6. I traded everything good off it to my Sapphire, then back once I restarted.)

"Rayquaza! You're mine! *throws* Haha! That wasn't so hard!" (E)

"Palkia? A dumb name... but a cool pokemon. It's mine. *throws* Ha! Take that, Cyrus." (P)

After losing my Pearl version, I'm now playing my sister's diamond... in which I have not obtained a master ball yet.

I used it on a Peliper in Sapphire once...
And in Crystal I used it on a Cubone and defeted Suicune in 3 shots
without thinking about capturing it. (Come on, I was seven for crying out loud.)

I threw to a trainer's pokemon and got blocked, so i waste the master ball.

I once wasted it on a Jigglypuff in Blue.. And another time, the ghost Marowak.. /is doomed for life.
Also, a shiny Pidgey right after I beat the E4 in FireRed since I had 60+ pokemon so I think it was worth it.
Now I always keep spare master balls in every game..

yeh

i was six and used it on a pikachu my sis was really angry but that was on pokemon yellow i think (she was treying to catch mew)

My sister was playing through Ruby and used her's on an Absol. she was out of any other balls to use and desperately wanted it.

For me, I was playing Pearl and went to go capture Giratina. I planned on using my master ball on it, but decided to have a little fun first and used ultra/dark balls on it until I got to my last pokemon or something. About 10 balls later, it gets caught in an ultra ball. (It wasn't nesessarily embarassing, but I was shocked.)

Last edited:
I always had sense enough to use it on a legendary.

But just the other day I traded for a Chatot on the GTS (got fed up with mine being named "Charap"), and it's in a Master Ball.

hell i used it on rayquaza in my first try what a stupid im well sold it in transfer/cloned and sold it in my second game that was a better thing to do i dindt need it it takes away all the fun of catching legends i caught the legends and all other pokemon i have by POKEBALL using it on rayquaza was the silliest thing i would say

when i got my first pokemon game i used it on a Chinchou (i didnt know what a masterball did)

Last edited:
err, this is embarrassing, but I wasted it on Diamond on a lvl 36 Bronzong. Which I regret, wishing I could use it on Heatran (i've caught Giratina, Rotom, Mespirit, Uxie, Azelf, Dialga and Cresselia)

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom