• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's the Most Foolish Thing You've done with a Master Ball?

That's a bit of a catch 22 isn't it? By using it you wasted it but by keeping it you're not using it for what makes it so valuable. IMO the best two options are:

1) Use it on the last available Legendary you haven't caught yet.

2) Trade it to another game.

As for the question I haven't done anything foolish with any Master Ball I've received.

I wish they'd have let us use it in the Safari Zone. Forget Mewtwo, I'd use it on Tauros or Chansey.

My friend's sister used it on a Seel, I remember.

I used my first ever masterball on a Meowth- I was POSITIVE it was going to evolve into Mewtwo eventually.

I remember some kid in my school using his master ball on a feebas after it took the little lucky 8 year old 2 minuts to find one but i feel sorry for him as the one he got was adament and he never knew how to evolve it.

I don't waste Master Balls, I hoard them. I have 20 of them on my HG right now, and I only intend to use them as true last resorts, like if I'm up against a shiny Graveler with no way to prevent a possible SelfDestruct/Explosion.

Of course, since items can't be transferred to B/W, I just might start wasting a few of them for the hell of it...

With a mustache.

Dialga.

I didn't mind it at first.

But then I discovered Bulbapedia...

..Then I learned catch rates.....

Well, lets just say I was eight.

Went into the Power Plant in LeafGreen.

Found a Pikachu

I had a Master Ball

I watched the anime at that time.

Got excited

Caught the Pikachu in the Master Ball

Then, I encountered Zapdos

;A;

In my early Ruby, prior to learning about how catchrates and roaming Pokemon worked, I always used the Master Ball on Rayquaza because I used to think it was uncatchable otherwise (Atleast that's what my brother told me), but in turned out it could be caught in an Ultra Ball just fine so I went with that instead.
In almost every 3rd Gen game I'd use the Master Ball on the roaming Pokemon, because even though I knew you could encounter it again if it flees, tracking it was HARD unlike in the 4th Gen (Atleast it rains when Tornelos and Voltelos are in the route you're at in B/W.....).
Then again that may not be what you call foolish, as even though I was foolish enough to believe some fake cheats and rumors of some of the games, I NEVER used the Master Ball on a non-legendary.

Sat on it and broke it.

I bought a copy of Sapphire that someone had obviously used some sort of cheat on; they had just started the game, yet had 99 Master Balls, so I played it and migrated them to Diamond and HG, and traded some to XD. They were all used up, leaving me with a grand total of none to catch Rayquaza (or Kyogre, if I'd wanted to) with ('cause I learned not to save it for the mascot by playing Ruby)

Sat on it and broke it.

I bought a copy of Sapphire that someone had obviously used some sort of cheat on; they had just started the game, yet had 99 Master Balls, so I played it and migrated them to Diamond and HG, and traded some to XD. They were all used up, leaving me with a grand total of none to catch Rayquaza (or Kyogre, if I'd wanted to) with ('cause I learned not to save it for the mascot by playing Ruby)

...............Now THAT...... That is sad............ @_@

I let my brother play and he caught a starly near Twinleaf Town with a master ball. The starly was so weak that throwing a normal poke ball would have had the same effect

When I was younger and playing Pokemon Silver, I used a Master Ball on a Jynx...

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom