• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What’s The Point???

I mean the fact that you think that Porygon needs to be honored when it was involved in a situation that caused tons of kids to have seizures is all kinds of yikes.
Well, pikachu was the actual culprit and it has been “honoured” more than any species of Pokemon can ever expect to be.

Porygon just happened to be the unfortunate Pokemon of the Day when Pikachu decided to give everyone seizures.

Anyways; Porygon isn’t a living person: it’s a fictional character so not wanting it to get a decent capture because of something “it did” (which it couldn’t even do, Pikachu “did it”) 20 years ago is pretty ridiculous imo. It’s something the animators did.

Well, pikachu was the actual culprit and it has been “honoured” more than any species of Pokemon can ever expect to be.

Porygon just happened to be the unfortunate Pokemon of the Day when Pikachu decided to give everyone seizures.

Anyways; Porygon isn’t a living person: it’s a fictional character so not wanting it to get a decent capture because of something “it did” (which it couldn’t even do, Pikachu “did it”) 20 years ago is pretty ridiculous imo. It’s something the animators did.

I'm fully aware that it was technically Pikachu's fault, that's why I chose my words carefully and simply said that Porygon was involved (not that it was the main cause of the flashing colors itself, but because the whole cyberspace plot heavily centered around Porygon).

And it's not about not wanting Porygon to get captured, it's about being realistic by not expecting the writers to suddenly be okay with showing Porygon on screen for longer than a second. If y'all think that the producers are ready to dismiss the seizure incident by having Porygon come back like nothing happened then be my guest, but some of us live in a place called reality.

Porygon was simply the face of EP038, which is why it was banned. While it was Pikachu's fault, it was still Porygon who represented the episode, so it took the blow for the show.

Still, I can't help but wonder what kind of Johto episode we could have gotten with Porygon2, or what kind of Sinnoh episode could have been made with Porygon-Z...

The company’s willing to put Porygon on the front page of their game, so it might show up for advertisement

'The company' =/= the anime's producers though so I don't really think that the Pokemon Masters game will have an effect on Porygon's status in the show.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom