• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's the reasoning behind the Pokemon dub voices these days?

Its interesting to note that H.D. Quinn voiced Houndoom in the dub but not in SM099

Can anyone tell if it kept its Japanese voice or maybe someone else voiced Houndoom

It was its Japanese voice, though it sounded like they used a different take for one of its voice clips, though that's happened with several other Pokemon in the past.

I haven't watched the English dub since BW, but I'm really disappointed to hear that the issue of Pokemon repeating their English names over and over again has not been resolved.

I just remembered something interesting (building on a previous post that I forgot about when posting this the first time, haha).

In Smash Ultimate, the Poke-Ball Pokemon Mimikyu, Tapu-Koko, Togedemaru, Togepi and Vuplix (both variants) retain their Japanese voices in the English game. I'm guessing that's because the game isn't a product of TPCi itself.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom