• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Announcing the National Bulbagraphic photography contest, open to entries from New Pokémon Snap and Sword and Shield, with prizes for the winners! A thread with all the details on how to enter can be found here.

What's the strangest food you've ever eaten?

All Blacks
Reaction score
Let's try, CHICKEN FEET! (KFC Style)

They look pretty horrible, but once you take one bite your floating in heaven :D

Shane
Reaction score
I haven't eaten anything weird really... I had a kangaroo burger a couple years ago. I liked.

I'm unsure what I'm eating at the sushi section when I'm at the Asian buffet in Niagara Falls known as the Mandarin, so maybe I've had something strange there too.

Reaction score
A three course meal. Ostrich starter, followed by zebra steak and chocolate dipped scorpion. I bought this at Archipeligo, London.

I poke your snoot
Reaction score
24 karat gold dust (It was sprinkled on what was called a "Gold Rush Pie" from some gourmet place that my mom's friend sent to us. I think it also had chocolate and caramel in it, and tasted absolutely heavenly! Who would have known that real gold could be edible.)

URESAI
Reaction score
Snails. THEY WERE DELICIOUS and I think everyone should try them

H...a...p...p...y
Reaction score
Balut (Philippines) - Duck embryo in egg. Surprisingly taste good.
Dinuguan (Philippines) - Pork intestines, liver, kidney cooked in Pig's blood. Love it with hot rice.

Dried Salted Fish bones (Indonesia) - It's like dried fish, only bones. Can eat it raw.
BBQ Grasshoppers and bugs (China) - Ate one stick of this during in Beijing. They have strong smell. Don't really like it.
Fugu (Japan) - an expensive fish in Japan. My dad bought it once. He insisted I should it one as it took him so much money just to have it >_<
As a Filipino, even I think balut is kinda weird but so good when you get past the fact that you're eating unborn baby chickens. xD
Also I eat dinuguan every other week. So good. :D

rabbit heart
Reaction score
This isn't odd to most people, but lamb. I tried some as a sample at some grocery store, and I didn't know what it was. My dad ate some too, and when we found out what it was.... We wanted to spit it out because of the thought of it. It was actually good, though. Before we found out.

We are venom to you
Reaction score
Chapulines toasted grasshoppers with lime.

Hiatus Until September
Reaction score
Strangest thing I've ever eaten was raw fish eggs in sushi. The eggs were bright orange. But I loved the taste of it.

Reaction score
I don't consider it weird, but I love eating poached fish with with entrails still in it. The guts taste so good...and tomalley in crabs and lobster is really good.
In my opinion though, the weirdest thing I've ever ate was probably fruitcake. That's some funky stuff.

The Power of Thunder
Reaction score
My uncle is a fisherman and he would regularly bring home fresh fish for us to eat that night with all the family. My cousin said she liked the eyes, and after a few minutes of realising she wasn't joking I tried it too; jelly coated skittles is what I came up with lol.

Fire Chicken
Reaction score
Yoghurt with rice, tahini and almonds.

... my uncle was "creative" that day. And I was young enough and felt like tasting. It wasn't too bad, but thinking of it, the ingredients were a bit too random to just combine into that thing. Which has no name.

EDIT: Actually, I'm also eating kokoretsi each and every Easter. For Greek standards it's not strange at all, although some still find it disgusting, considering it is made of
lamb intenstines, heart and liver

Last edited:
SAEV DEH WHALEZ!
Reaction score
I tried bat meat when I went to Indonesia with my family. It tasted kinda weird. I don't know if I'd try it again.

Fun Ghoul
Reaction score
Tried llama meat on a recent trip to the Atacama. It was quite nice, actually. Had about the same consistency as beef, but a more unique taste. I also tried sea urchin sushi once, which I didn't find quite as good. It had a weird, sort of foamy texture that put me off a bit.

oh my
Reaction score
Can't remember the name of it, but I recently tried an Indian dessert my friend made for a party. It was grainy in texture, but decently sweet, and was also sticky. It kind of looked liked pudding it there was a bunch of dots in it, I suppose. ((that's a super horrible description but it was fairly unique so I'm not sure how better to describe it. >_>))