• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's the strangest food you've ever eaten?

Let's try, CHICKEN FEET! (KFC Style)

They look pretty horrible, but once you take one bite your floating in heaven :D

I haven't eaten anything weird really... I had a kangaroo burger a couple years ago. I liked.

I'm unsure what I'm eating at the sushi section when I'm at the Asian buffet in Niagara Falls known as the Mandarin, so maybe I've had something strange there too.

A three course meal. Ostrich starter, followed by zebra steak and chocolate dipped scorpion. I bought this at Archipeligo, London.

24 karat gold dust (It was sprinkled on what was called a "Gold Rush Pie" from some gourmet place that my mom's friend sent to us. I think it also had chocolate and caramel in it, and tasted absolutely heavenly! Who would have known that real gold could be edible.)

Balut (Philippines) - Duck embryo in egg. Surprisingly taste good.
Dinuguan (Philippines) - Pork intestines, liver, kidney cooked in Pig's blood. Love it with hot rice.

Dried Salted Fish bones (Indonesia) - It's like dried fish, only bones. Can eat it raw.
BBQ Grasshoppers and bugs (China) - Ate one stick of this during in Beijing. They have strong smell. Don't really like it.
Fugu (Japan) - an expensive fish in Japan. My dad bought it once. He insisted I should it one as it took him so much money just to have it >_<

As a Filipino, even I think balut is kinda weird but so good when you get past the fact that you're eating unborn baby chickens. xD
Also I eat dinuguan every other week. So good. :D

This isn't odd to most people, but lamb. I tried some as a sample at some grocery store, and I didn't know what it was. My dad ate some too, and when we found out what it was.... We wanted to spit it out because of the thought of it. It was actually good, though. Before we found out.

Strangest thing I've ever eaten was raw fish eggs in sushi. The eggs were bright orange. But I loved the taste of it.

I don't consider it weird, but I love eating poached fish with with entrails still in it. The guts taste so good...and tomalley in crabs and lobster is really good.
In my opinion though, the weirdest thing I've ever ate was probably fruitcake. That's some funky stuff.

My uncle is a fisherman and he would regularly bring home fresh fish for us to eat that night with all the family. My cousin said she liked the eyes, and after a few minutes of realising she wasn't joking I tried it too; jelly coated skittles is what I came up with lol.

Yoghurt with rice, tahini and almonds.

... my uncle was "creative" that day. And I was young enough and felt like tasting. It wasn't too bad, but thinking of it, the ingredients were a bit too random to just combine into that thing. Which has no name.

EDIT: Actually, I'm also eating kokoretsi each and every Easter. For Greek standards it's not strange at all, although some still find it disgusting, considering it is made of
lamb intenstines, heart and liver

Last edited:
I tried bat meat when I went to Indonesia with my family. It tasted kinda weird. I don't know if I'd try it again.

Tried llama meat on a recent trip to the Atacama. It was quite nice, actually. Had about the same consistency as beef, but a more unique taste. I also tried sea urchin sushi once, which I didn't find quite as good. It had a weird, sort of foamy texture that put me off a bit.

Can't remember the name of it, but I recently tried an Indian dessert my friend made for a party. It was grainy in texture, but decently sweet, and was also sticky. It kind of looked liked pudding it there was a bunch of dots in it, I suppose. ((that's a super horrible description but it was fairly unique so I'm not sure how better to describe it. >_>))

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom