• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's the trolliest thing you've done while playing?

Alexg23

#TeamScorbunny
Reaction score
Of course, there's a difference between trolling and being mean, so no stories of hacked Pokemon and the like please.

You know that woman in Friseur Furfrou? The one who tells you how long your Furfrou has kept it's style? If you keep it long enough, she'll give you a prize. However, that means you need to keep it in your party the whole time, so in the meantime I came up with the trolliest move set possible for it.

- Snarl: So special sweepers can't take it out.
- Thunder Wave: for paralysis.
- Dark Pulse: to flinch foes.

And if that wasn't enough, I added one exta troll move: Attract. Am I evil or what?! :XD2:

I was really bored so I went up against someone on Battle Spot who was using Mewtwo, Victini and some other legendary I can't remember, and I brought along Chansey, Gliscor and Umbreon.

I stalled Mewtwo to death with Chansey, who has Softboiled, Protect, Substitute and Toxic. As soon as they sent Victini out, they disconnected. I felt absolutely awful, but it was comedy for the night.

Once, I was training a Spiritomb in Pokemon Platinum. He was only about level 28 and I was trying to get him up to level 50, so I put the exp. share on him and battled some trainers. Then, one of them was about to send out an Alakazam. I wondered if Alakazam even had any moves that could hit Spiritomb, since some of the ones in-game only have normal or psychic type attacks. I sent Spiritomb out just to see what would happen, and it turned out the Alakazam couldn't hit him. So, after using a lot of shadow sneaks, I defeated the Alakazam with only a Spiritomb that was about half its level.

Also, once I fought someone on Wi-fi with a speed boost Blaziken. After it got a few speed boosts up, I sent in my Malamar, used topsy-turvy to make it slow instead, and then knocked it out with psycho cut. I still lost the battle, but it was satisfying to be faster than Blaziken for once.

I don't do competitive play often, so I end up trolling the game more often than not. I remember two things from White 2... one was when I'd send out my Zoroark (disguised as another Pokemon of course) and the enemy would try to hit it with Psychic moves. Even when it didn't work, the AI just spammed the same move over and over, and Zoroark would take them down without ever blowing its cover. Then there was Skill Link Cinccino holding a Razor Fang, who flinchhaxed its way to victory more than once.

I've got a Sableye who's just plain cruel. Mean Look, Confuse Ray, Will-O-Wisp and Recover. I don't often use Mean Look, I usually let them take their chances and whittle down whatever I can get my hands on, but it's an utter joy to catch a thorny opponent and make it eat itself.

I'm quickly learning the joys of Skill Swap Sylveon, too. I'm sure Skill Swap's not up to much in 6v6 where you can just switch out, but in Battle Spot 3v3, it's harder to skip about willy-nilly. A Poison Heal Gliscor with a toxic orb had poisoned me - I was regenerating each move, he had Cute Charm. Strategy on its head, he'd signed his own death warrant.

one was when I'd send out my Zoroark (disguised as another Pokemon of course) and the enemy would try to hit it with Psychic moves. Even when it didn't work, the AI just spammed the same move over and over, and Zoroark would take them down without ever blowing its cover.

YES. That is one of the funnest things ever.

I'm not a competitive player. But once I against one of them. Of course I was blowed easilly. And that annoying player challange me again.

So this time I prepared well, I opened my laptop, and on skype with one of my friend who really good at competitive battle. I also google for all his pokemon weaknesses and all. We kept swich pokemon during battle and I kept taking time for google-ing or asking my fried via skype. But at the end, I win!

It took me 30 minutes to end the battle, but it's so worth it!

One of my favorite things that I've been doing for trolling lately, is foiling Fake Out, Priority Moves, Sucker Punch, and all Status Problems moves.

With those being so common these days, having Pokemon that can consistently stop these strategies is fun for trolling :D.

I know I already mentioned this in hilarious moments, but the trolling quality of this is too good to pass up.

One time I fought Nita in the Maison Singles, her last Pokémon was a Purugly. Nailed a Will-o-Wisp with Ninetales as I dodged a Hypnosis. I figured she'll try again, so I switched out for my Furfrou, who was put to sleep previously. This prompted her to use Dream Eater, so I switched Furfrou out for my Ninetales, who's awake. The pattern continues until Purugly faints.

Also, foiling Substitutes with Infiltrator Chandelure. Took a couple online opponents by surprise. :XD:

I hate to be a party pooper but none of these posts sound like trolling to me. I'm not even convinced that it's possible to troll someone in a Pokemon game. And that's coming from someone who loves to troll people in video games.

Scarfed Truant Durant + Sash Dugtrio trolls hard if the opponent has no idea (aka lolnub). After Durant gets off Entrainment, he/she will KO it, and then you send in Dugtrio which conveniently has Arena Trap ability, and you boost your stats with Hone Claws. Opposing pokemon will have Truant via Entrainment, so it can only attack every other turn. During those turns in which it can attack, Dugtrio can simply use Protect and boost its stats unscathed. And with sash and EdgeQuake coverage Dugtrio's gonna net you at least 2 kills if all goes as planned. This is such a gimmick that hardly ever works against any competent battler, but I guess it falls under the category of 'trolling'.

Also the infamous Copycat Prankster Riolu way back in BW.

Constant roost on my Charizard-X until my opponent basically forfeited the game, and also using Froslass's destiny bond to drag a Mega Kangaskhan down with her.

in FR, I was pokedex hunting in viridian forest.(post game.)
I hadn't battle one trainer, and I had a charizard lv.78
he sent out his lv.8 caterpie.
my charizard knew blast burn, flamethrower, fire blast, and fly. I'm pretty sure that trainer will fear charizard's for the rest of his life.

Killing a Mega Mewtwo Y in a Passer-by battle by using a non-Mega Gardevoir and spamming Moonblast. The truly trollish thing about this? Kikyo, my Gardevoir, has an awful Nature--she's Jolly. But I EV trained the slag out of her and it made a huge difference.

Second trollish thing I've done: slapping Protect on my Adamant Speed Boost Blaziken. It's the only way I've been able to stall for time, let Speed Boost activate and finally murder that stinking Lumineon that pops up from time to time in the Battle Maison. I'm thinking of further tidying up his moveset; I may drop Flare Blitz and add Flame Charge. Just because.

While I like to say I generally don't troll, here's one thing I obviously did:

I deliberately bread Smeargles for zero IVs. I ended up with a box of 30 "5IV" Smeargles and three "6IV" Smeargles. (Plus an uncounted number of rejects released back to the wild, poor things....)

The ones that are flawlessly zero I'm keeping, but the rest I shipped out on Wonder Trade.

Why? Because it was April Fool's day; I nicknamed every one of them "April Fools" prior to trading. I wonder if anyone actually took them to the judge in Kiloude City to hear what he has to say....

I have two troll teams.
First one is a Prankster Meowstic-M, with a moveset of Assist, Calm Mind, Substitute, and Dark Pulse. Alongside this are Ditto and Smeargle, who knows Spore, Destiny Bond, Transform, and Spiky Shield. Assist always copies Spore. Am I mean or what?

Also, Minimize/Substitute/Softboiled/Seismic Toss Chansey with a Parafusion Klefki that knows Reflect and holds Light Clay. Need I say more?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom