• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation What's this prism-looking white silhouette?

TouyaShiro

[LIMITER] [DISC] [SAVE] [SYSTEM ERROR]
Reaction score

View: https://twitter.com/jgreen_jr/status/898533464303185921

(Thanks to @ErikNguyen912 for posting it back in the Trailers discussion thread and @Rosalia R for pointing out that there's a clearer image of it on the background of the main website.)

So this thing is seen in the background in halves on the presumably final box art of Pokémon Ultra Sun & Pokémon Ultra Moon, and much like the previous pair of games, the two images merge together into a single image when used as a split background. In this case, whatever this white silhouette is, it seems to be directly connected to the new forms of Solgaleo and Lunala.

Could it be an entirely new form of Necrozma? Or something else entirely? Personally, I think it's the second coming of Deoxys based on the body shape alone. Whatever it is, I'm willing to bet it's from Ultra Space, or at least related to Necrozma in some fashion, due to that triangular eye shape (which is seen on the JP logos just like the Z-Crystals are in SuMo's JP logos). Moreover, how will this thing relate to the story? If it's important enough to share space on the box with the "true mascot" of this game pair, we're probably in for something, let me tell you that.

http://i.********/vp/1503065506219.png

Someone linked this on Reddit, and now that I look at it, it does really look like it could be Necrozma's eyes, mostly because of the colors - the yellow/green doesn't match exactly, but having red and orange on the right with purple and blue on the left is pretty convincing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure it's meant to symbolize Necrozma, but I'm afraid of getting hyped for a new form just in case the image is symbolic, like "Necrozma is watching over/exerting its influence on Alola now."

The fact that the eyes are noticeably similar yet still very distinct from its known form seems promising, though, since it would be weird to come up with a new eye shape for promotional art that wasn't reflected ingame.

I have no doubt that it's a new Necrozma form.
Pretty much, it has the prismatic eyes, and is literal prism light. I sure hope Necrozma is antagonistic though...and they don't even mention UBs, I hope they aren't gonna completely shaft them

Still going to stand by my assumption that Necrozma is a corrupted Cosmog.

But this time I think the cosmog is now a being of pure light and needs mirrors (Necrozma's armor, the ultra lunala and sogleo armor) to take actual form(s).

Thinking of the eyes as Necrozma watching, something that came to my mind is like Necrozma as a puppetmaster, pulling strings behind the scenes as it were before it directly takes action. Then I guess that'd make Solgaleo/Lunala the puppet in that scenario.

Still going to stand by my assumption that Necrozma is a corrupted Cosmog.

But this time I think the cosmog is now a being of pure light and needs mirrors (Necrozma's armor, the ultra lunala and sogleo armor) to take actual form(s).
Maybe necrozma is actually an ultra beast. Specifically, the black shell. Ultra Beast corrupted Cosmog, cosmog lived inside the shell, and the formes we see is the ultra beast acting as a prism like you said to power up Cosmog. That or Necrozma is indeed a ball of light in its purest forme, the true power source for cosmog.

I think the current Necrozma is the corrupted for judging by the way it moves.

The eyes on the while light are rounded and the colours don't have gaps between them making it look like actual eyes.
The current Necrozma's eyes seem shattered. Maybe the white light is trapped in the black armor/prism

But I still believe in the theory that the USolgaleo and ULunala might actually be reflections from Light Necrozma.

For me, I'd like to know what the whole deal is with Necrozma's body pieces and why it looks like a incomplete dragon-like thing. I mean, the concept art of Necrozma even says that its torso is its "head", the upper head part being his tail, and the shoulder spikes being his wings.

Now we have a possible idea that Necrozma is this white light in the box art. Maybe, Necrozma's true form is a light-constructed entity who wears the Necrozma armor in a similar fashion to the supposed Solgaleo and Lunala. Only in Necrozma's case, his armored form takes the appearance of a dragon/wyvern.

fcd.jpg

I just noticed that when Necrozma in its armor is looking at you, there's white light behind its eyes. Maybe the armor is just a shell and the light being is Necrozma's true or pure form like mentioned earlier.

I'll echo the ideas that it's Necrozma's new form, or at least something to do with it.

I'm definitely thinking it's a form of Necrozma. I think that when the armor comes off and latches onto Solgaleo and Lunala, that light form is what gets left behind. So here's an interesting question... do you guys think that by attaching the armor onto the Legendaries, this supposed new light form of Necrozma can somehow gain control of them with use of the armor? I've heard many people speculate that instead of the evil team being responsible(be it Aether, Skull, or somebody new), what of Necrozma is actually the main antagonist of USUM? That would be an interesting twist. I have this theory that Lusamine fusing with Nihilego in SM was foreshadowing what is to come in USUM.

The new trailer showed this thing again, I'm very curious.

Used to think it was Necrozma sans armor, but I'm now leaning toward a new story-relevant UB.

Could be the thing that was about to come out of the wormhole (if they didn't show Nihilego, it's totally something else this time around).

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom