• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's up with the Sinnoh/Johto Battle Frontier?

NeoKING

空前絶後
Reaction score
Is it ever explained anywhere how this Frontier came to be? It doesn't seem like Scott had anything to do with it and I remember reading somewhere that the Johto/Sinnoh Battle Frontier was created by Prof. Oak...0_0.

I thought it was sorta by the people who made the leagues, but idk. I didn't think it was Oak, but I may be wrong.

I heard it was by Oak, but that seems to be just a rumor. Also, how come it's the same one in two separate regions? I mean, if the Sinnoh games & the Johto games are concurrent (like most people say they are), then how could two BFs, with the same exact people running them, exist so far apart?

As the Battle Frontier was already an old concept, GameFreak didn't bother going into its origins and whatnot. The fact the same Battle Frontier, and the same Frontier Brains nonetheless, appear in both Platinum and HGSS is proof enough GameFreak really doesn't care about the Frontier as far as story goes.

As the Battle Frontier was already an old concept, GameFreak didn't bother going into its origins and whatnot. The fact the same Battle Frontier, and the same Frontier Brains nonetheless, appear in both Platinum and HGSS is proof enough GameFreak really doesn't care about the Frontier as far as story goes.
Doesn't have to be about story. If they're gonna put one in another region, the least they could do is make it different.

I thought it was like a theme park, and the brains were like dressed up characters.

/crackpot

I think that Scott was the one who created the Johto/Sinnoh Battle Frontier (he created the Hoenn one); he just didn't say anything about this one.

Scott probably established a new Battle Frontier.

How could Scott say anything about the Gen IV Battle Frontier?

By generally accepted timeline, the Gen IV Frontier did not exist when we last met Scott.

I just pictured the Battle Frontier as a big...place...for strong trainers. Is it worth getting into the origins of?

Who is this Scott everyone is talking about?
I think it was so popular in D/P/Pt, Game Freak simply decided to port it into Hg/Ss. It would've been nice if they had at least changed the Brains. Its nice to see they managed to change Palmers speech, though. It woulda just been wierd if it had stayed the same.
But if they can change that, why not put new sprites in?

Who is this Scott everyone is talking about?
I think it was so popular in D/P/Pt, Game Freak simply decided to port it into Hg/Ss. It would've been nice if they had at least changed the Brains. Its nice to see they managed to change Palmers speech, though. It woulda just been wierd if it had stayed the same.
But if they can change that, why not put new sprites in?

Scott is the character that creates and introduces you to the battle frontier in Emerald version.

Scott probably established a new Battle Frontier.

How could Scott say anything about the Gen IV Battle Frontier?

By generally accepted timeline, the Gen IV Frontier did not exist when we last met Scott.

Um, you say it like they couldn't have put him in Gen IV or give him a relative or something.

I was refering to PlatinumDude's posts where he said that Scott never said anthing about the Sinnoh/Johto Frontier. By generally, accepted timeline, Hoenn was the only place to have a battle frontier at that time.

In my mind, when two games contradict, the newer is right and the other isn't. So this frontier is in Johto, not Sinnoh.

Anyway, Scott did it. Scott is the only Themepark Manager guy we ever met, so he probably runs all of the Themeparks (Battle Frontiers) in PokéLand.

In my mind, when two games contradict, the newer is right and the other isn't. So this frontier is in Johto, not Sinnoh.
Yep, because the Battle Frontier in HGSS actually mattered to the plot. lol

It's clear that Platinum had an actual integration of the Battle Frontier within its story and characters. Meager as it was, at least important Sinnoh NPCs mentioned it in many opportunities, and stuff happened outside its gates. Case in point, the whole Volkner/Flint battle, Palmer's further involvement and personalized dialogue, his appearance outside the Battle Tower (Which happened since Diamond/Pearl, but still), and then all the mentions by Barry when in your Villa or when outside the Battleground. Fantina references Dahlia in some of her Villa visits, as well.

In HGSS, the Battle Frontier is just there. Nothing happens within our outside its gates that involves important NPCs, and no NPC in neither Region makes a mention of it. Maybe I'm wrong in that point, but I highly doubt it anyway, and can't be arsed to get involved with this poorly implemented feature and the game's overall failure itself a second time.

That aside, though it'd be nice to know if Scott had anything to do with Sinnoh's Battle Frontier, it's probably a given he was involved in one way or another. Gotta wonder what happened to that supposed dialogue where it said Oak came up with Sinnoh's Battle Frontier, though.

If they're gonna put one in another region, the least they could do is make it different.

There would be no point in doing so. The Battle Frontier was one of Platinum's major selling points, as an aspect of the game not included in either Diamond and Pearl. HeartGold and SoulSilver didn't need such a selling point, as they were set in a region not featured in any Pokemon game for nearly ten years.

I found the Battle Frontier's inclusion more of a favor toward those whom didn't purchase Platinum, as they could've simply not included it at all.

The Generation IV Battle Frontier is privately owned and run and has nothing to do with the regional Leagues.

The fact that the exact same Frontier exists in HeartGold and SoulSilver is just sheer laziness. They could of at least put in different Brains in charge of the same facilities. It would have been more realistic.

It was probably a joint venture by Scott and Palmer after he lost his championship to Cynthia and he wanted to be in charge of something so he called Scott and they created a new Battle Frontier.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom