• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What’s Your Battle Theme?

Reaction score
So I was inspired to make this thread from a person from another forum who made their own “If I were a Pokémon rival” scenario. In addition to describing their character and Pokémon team, they also included a song they would use as their battle theme. In this case it was a song from an Undertale AU story but it sounded like legit Pokémon battle music:

So I pose a similar question to you, the Bulbagarden forum-dwellers. If you were a prominent NPC in a Pokémon game, what would your battle theme be?

You don’t have to give a major backstory or anything, but some details about your character and Pokémon team might help with the connection. It’s not required though. Your song can be just about anything; whether it’s the Pokémon games themselves, some other rad VGM you’ve heard, a pop standard to really sell the “cheesy fanfiction” vibe of all this, or even an original composition!

The main goal is to set the mood and make us want to battle :)

I haven’t figured mine out yet; I want to see what others post and maybe that will help me with ideas.

Last edited:
Encounter theme but dark:
If I was the rival:
If I was the villain:
If I was Champion:

Last edited:

Fugues work pretty well for this, believe it or not. lol. Also, this one is performed by wind instruments, because come on - it's me! And it just wouldn't be right otherwise. lol

Awesome thread concept! I'm trying to think of tunes that suit other situations, but when I get the upper hand in a fight: Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold.

Gen 1’s Gym Battle theme. It has this underlying intensity to it that I can never forget.

In my dark and eDgY Pokemon world, I'd be a villain so...

Encounter theme:

Battle theme:

"A 10 year old kid beat so now I'm going to have a dramatic tantrum" theme (aka villain in denial theme):

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom