• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Whats your best pokemon red/yellow/blue team

The same team Red uses in Silver/Gold, just with different moves, in yellow. You gotta admit, it's pretty effective.

I don't have a best team, as I never trained a full team in the 1st Generation games, but I often used Pokemon like Starmie, Moltres, Dragonite, Mewtwo, Zapdos, and the like.

Charizard
Gyarados
Jolteon
Gengar
Dragonite

Just chock full of badasses

I had a pretty random team with random nicknames in Red. o_O Consisting mostly of past favourites...

Tangela (Crinkles)
Aerodactyl (called Airfume!? LOL)
Venomoth
Mewtwo
Charizard (Charmer)
Omastar

Exeggutor
Zapdos
Snorlax
Golem
Dragonite
Flareon

My Venusaur got lost in a trading mishap. >.<

The best team I ever had was
Charizard
Alakazam
Mewtwo
Lapras
Venusaur
Pikachu
It was on my yellow version. lol

I don't remember, but I often used (in Yellow) one Charizard, one Venusaur, one Blastoise, and one Pikachu at the same time. And Mew. And probably Mewtwo. And I think I used the three birds a lot as well.
I remember I once challenged the Elite Four in Red with multiple MissingNo.s... all over level 100.

The only team I've had in those games is:

Blastoise
Venomoth
Wigglytuff
Magmar
Ditto
Starmie

This is in Blue.

PokemonYellowTeam.png

This is my best Pokemon Yellow team and it's fairly recent only mid last year. I decide to have a nostalgic play through of Yellow now and then.

Blastoise
Vileplume
Golem
Alakazam
Snorlax
Dragonite

Not the best possible team, obviously, but one of my favorites I've played through Red with.

I was young and stupid, so I only ever used one team in Gen I.

Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Articuno
Zapdos
Mewtwo

My tastes have since been...refined. For contrast, my standard LeafGreen team is:

Venusaur
Lapras
Ninetales
Pidgeot
Jolteon
Dragonite

- Dragonite is a must. With a Wrap/Hyperbeam/Swords Dance combo. I knew that since the first time I played and saw Wrap just hitting and hitting. I gave it Ice beam though...
Still my favorite pokémon back then. I evolve it from Dratini once it learns Hyper Beam.
- Vileplume. Worst choice of grass type, but eh. Evolve with Petal Dance.
- Dugtrio. I taught it Fissure, which I spammed. Evolve ASAP
- Vaporeon. Favorite eeveelution at the time. Evolve ASAP
- Ninetales. Favorite fire type at the time. I often don't know WHEN to evolve it, I generally wait until around the time Gloom does, or it is getting hard for it to continue.
- Bonus extra slot for the starter, who will lead. Again, I evolve it slowly.
This team has always been somewhat consistant. Unless I'm playing a romhack that adds interesting changes. (Which I most likely am, otherwise it's stupid.)

Alternate/in reserve: Marowak, Starmie (which I forgot it evolved with a water stone). I never have a team of just six pokemon, you know.

Not even close of being the best team, but certainly the one I enjoyed using the most.

Spr_1y_003.png
Spr_1b_038.png
Spr_1y_057.png
Spr_1b_105.png
Spr_1b_121.png
Spr_1b_093.png

Oh gosh, now I want to play RGB again.

Last edited:
Pikachu, Squirtle, Jigglypuff, Vulpix, Dragonair, Lapras: the original and best. ^_^

It is Articuno, Zapdos, Mewtwo, Snorlax, Pikachu, and Rhydon. Awesome, aren't they? The problem is Snorlax is just in the 40's and Pikachu... well, happens to be at 30's. Others are 50, 60, or even 70 in the case of Mewtwo.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom