• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Whats your best pokemon red/yellow/blue team

If I remember, my Blue team was:

Level 255 Wigglytuff
Level 255 Missingno.
Level 100 Blastoise
Level 100 Chansey
Level 100 Aerodactyl
Level 100 Rapidash

That Wigglytuff was a walking god until he rolled over to level 0 one day. I was heartbroken.

Yellow:
Pikachu
Kadabra
Tauros
Charizard
Vaporeon
Nidoking

That was the first time I ever raised a team equally. My Tauros ripped shit up.

My Blue Team:

1. Charizard, Lv. 100: Flamethrower, Slash, Earthquake, Ember
  2. Persian, Lv. 100: Double-Edge, Body Slam, Slash, Fury Swipes
  3. Fearow, Lv. 100: Drill Peck, Sky Attack, Fly, Fury Attack
  4. Nidoking, Lv. 100: Surf, Ice Beam, Take Down, Rock Slide
  5. Gengar, Lv. 100: Night Shade, Psychic, Hypnosis, Dream Eater
  6. Electabuzz, Lv. 100: Thunderbolt, ThunderPunch, Strength, Thunder Wave

My Gen 1 team in Blue which i fully trained for redundant competitive reasons is

Nidoking:Blizzard,ThunderBolt,EarthQuake,Horn Drill
Dodrio:Drill Peck,Hyper Beam,Agility,Reflect
Butterfree:psychic,Solarbeam,Sleep Powder,Double Team
Slowbro:Ice Beam,Psychic,ThunderBolt,Amnesia
Golem:Rock Slide,EarthQuake,Explosion,Body Slam
Mew:EarthQuake,Hyper Beam,Swords Dance,Softboiled

Not the best competitive team but it would always get the job done against my friends who would be the only ones i could play against in this particular gen competitively.

I recently used:
Charizard
Pidgeot
Raichu
Venusaur
Golem
Lapras

I managed to beat the E4 with it when my highest member was lvl 50.

My replay of Red:

:lx009::lx131::lx136::lx038::lx103::lx150:

Because my first time playing Red wound up like this:

:lx009: - 70+

Hitmonlee; a swords dancing Charizard; Lapras, with body slam and ice beam since blizzard never seems to hit; Chansey with toxic, counter, and softboiled; Gengar, entirely to soak physical attacks; and Alakazam with psychic and whatever else, amazingly with max DVs. Occationally one of the other will change out for a bird.

The greatest crime against humanity is that Chansey.

My level 138 Mewtwo. Too bad it's only damaging move is Psywave. It came with Mist, Recover, Barrier, Reflect

My Yellow team(and I love to nickname my pokemon. It makes them feel special to me):

Primeape-Scrappy(it's the only reason I got past Brock. It was staying on my team)
Venusaur-Terra
Charizard-Draco
Blastoise-Raphael
Snorlax-Garfield
Pikachu-Hikari

This was the only game where you could get all 3 starters without trading/cheating so I was not going to pass that up and since it was based more on the anime, I decided to have a full out Ash-like team(I even named my character Ash. Ironic since I could never stand the kid, but I wanted to have some fun with this).

Charizard
Blastoise
Nidoking
Jolteon
Hypno
Dragonite

Beat the E4 first try no resetting when they were all late 30s/early 40s, Jolteon is an absolute monstrosity and Nidoking can learn like everything. Strongly suggest trying it out

I still remember the team I used way back when in 2000 to first beat Pokemon Red.
-Venusaur (Despite their many weaknesses I've always loved the trickiness of grass types)
-Pigeot (Far prefer Fearow now, but your first time through is never your best)
-Gyrados (I played with a strategy guide, so I knew to tolerate Magikarp for those 15 tortuous levels)
-Golem (I prefer pure ground types now but Golem's still a beast)
-Alakazam (WAY overpowered in gen 1 - I like Hypno better now)
-Raichu (Token electric pokemon; best way to beat Lorelei though, and most other gen 1 electrics are terrible)

Like a lot of other nostalgic trainers I know - the friends I'm currently in a friendly gen 1 competition with - I feel my tastes have refined with the passage of years and a fresh replay through the game. I raised 16 pokemon this time through the game, before reaching Victory Road and deciding which 12 to break into 2 teams to beat the Elite Four. Wanted to try raising different ones then usual, focus on putting together some wackier and more strategic teams.

My first team:
-Jynx (Despite a terrible defense stat she's a HUGE asset versus everyone past Lorelei. Ice Punch alone one hit KO'd lots of pokemon)
-Raichu (I wish there were more choice of electrics, but you can get Pikachu so early that it's kinda a gimme)
-Gengar (LOVE ghost types. Wish there were more in gen 1)
-Blastoise (Tried to not rely on my starter too much, and didn't. But too much of a stats powerhouse to ignore)
-Marowak (Basic moveset but Bonemerang was great against Agatha)
-Wigglytuff (HP brick house that kept the ball rolling if any was KO'd. My secret weapon against Lance's constant Hyper Beam)

My second team:
-Ninetales (Never raised a Vulpix before (this was my first time playing Blue), pretty great fire pokemon after it leans Flamethrower and I beefed it up with a Body Slam TM)
-Victreebel (LOVE grass types. I still prefer Venusaur/Vileplume but Bellsprout evolution rocks too)
-Hypno (With a Dream Eater TM my Hypno was unstoppable)
-Fearow (Shouldn't have taught it Sky Attack. It's Drill Peck is so strong already)
-Hitmonlee (I prefer more strategic pokemon than fighting types, but Hitmonlee does have a great moveset)
-Dugtrio (Adorable and great ground type moves)

I say I did a pretty good job with this team in Pokemon Red.
Charizard
Gyarados
Pidgeot
Jolteon
Dragonite
Snorlax

I beat Blue/Green/Gary pretty hard with those Pokemon.

pokemon red/blue/yellow were my favourite of all the pokemon games
I like to name mine it makes them more personal to me!

I would suggest this team . . .

(Venusaur)Tank
(Mew)Panda
(Vaporeon)Jaster
(Charizard)Zidane
(Zapdos)Overlord
(Gengar)Dead pkmn

I ended up changing Gengar's nickname to something better

My Yellow Team:

1. Charizard, Lv. 100
2. Starmie, Lv. 100
3. Haunter, Lv. 100
4. Pidgeot, Lv. 100
5. Rhydon, Lv. 100
6. Pikachu, Lv. 100

I've only played yellow of the first gen games and only got up to victory road before having to give it away, but my team was (around level 42-45)

Pikachu
Nidoqueen
Slowbro
Vileplume
Hitmonlee
Charizard

Favourite team always used to be

Blastoise
Exxecutor
Arcanine
Jolteon
Gengar
Dugtrio

Use to kick some serious ass with this team

If I fancied a change I would just swap Blastoise & Arcanine for Starmie & Charizard or Blastoise & Exxecutor for Starmie & Venusaur

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom