Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
- First, take your year of birth and substract 1900. (Yeah, it's like taking last 2 digits, but if you were born after 2000 you get 100, 101, 102, etc instead)
Example: Mine is 1986, so I get 86.
- Multiply by 365,25. If you weren't born in a leap year you'll get a decimal number; take only the entire part. (truncate, never round up)
Example: 1986x365,25 31411,5. I'll use only 31411.
- Add the day of the year you were born.
Example: Dec 17 is the 351th day. 31762
(You can notice at this point that essentially you're getting the days passed between 1/1/1900 and your own birthday)
- Take the modulo 649. You can use Windows calc in scientific mode for that. (if you don't understand what's "modulo function", it's the same as substracting 649 until you get a lower number)
Example: 31762 Mod 649 (= 31762-649-649-649-649...)= 610. I got Axew. (Oh, I liked the result)
Ah, if you get 0, it's 649.
The likelihood of getting a certain Pokémon is the same for any Pokémon and any person, since it's a 1-pokémon-per-day cycle.
If you want to get a regional Dex number, change 649 for 151, 202, 210, etc. depending of the region.
If you're calculating from Unova Dex, take 156 instead of 155, and if you get 0 it's 0 (Victini). Otherwise, treat zero the same as I said before.
The Mud Fish Pokémon
Its arms are hard as rock. With one swing, it can break a boulder into pieces.
I can't believe my birthday pokémon is the evolution of one of the most popular starter pokémon!