• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Whats Your Birthday Pokemon?

May 24

Jan 31
Feb 28
Mar 31
Apr 30
May 24

144 - Articuno, Sweet Zapdos on leap years, sweet

244 - Entei, Sweet

344 - Claydol, Sweet

444 - Gabite, Weird but still sweet

544 - Hoiiga, Sweet

644 - Zekrom, w000000000000000000000t!

I have an idea to calculate a birthday Pokémon.

- First, take your year of birth and substract 1900. (Yeah, it's like taking last 2 digits, but if you were born after 2000 you get 100, 101, 102, etc instead)
Example: Mine is 1986, so I get 86.

- Multiply by 365,25. If you weren't born in a leap year you'll get a decimal number; take only the entire part. (truncate, never round up)
Example: 1986x365,25 31411,5. I'll use only 31411.

- Add the day of the year you were born.
Example: Dec 17 is the 351th day. 31762
(You can notice at this point that essentially you're getting the days passed between 1/1/1900 and your own birthday)

- Take the modulo 649. You can use Windows calc in scientific mode for that. (if you don't understand what's "modulo function", it's the same as substracting 649 until you get a lower number)
Example: 31762 Mod 649 (= 31762-649-649-649-649...)= 610. I got Axew. (Oh, I liked the result)

Ah, if you get 0, it's 649.

The likelihood of getting a certain Pokémon is the same for any Pokémon and any person, since it's a 1-pokémon-per-day cycle.

If you want to get a regional Dex number, change 649 for 151, 202, 210, etc. depending of the region.
EDIT:
If you're calculating from Unova Dex, take 156 instead of 155, and if you get 0 it's 0 (Victini). Otherwise, treat zero the same as I said before.

Last edited:
September 17
Swampert
The Mud Fish Pokémon
Its arms are hard as rock. With one swing, it can break a boulder into pieces.
----------
I can't believe my birthday pokémon is the evolution of one of the most popular starter pokémon!

Last edited:
May 26th so...

National: Moltres

Kanto: Moltres

Johto: Hitmontop

Hoenn: Shuppet

Sinnoh: Uxie

Unova: Virizion

May 31st, which means that I'm 151, which is actually an important number in Pokemon.

Kanto: Mew (I'm special)
Johto: Magmar (GSC)/ Miltank (HGSS)
Hoenn: Chimecho
Sinnoh: Manaphy (I'm special again)
Unova: Landorus

Dratini thats ok .......lol..... i saw one in my game once and decided i didn't like it and that i wouldn't catch it LoLzz

August 20 - 232 Day:
Donphan, National Pokedex
Squirtle, New Pokedex
Ivysaur, Johto Pokedex

8x20=160
Feraligatr, in the National Pokédex
Xatu, in the New Pokédex
Wynaut, in the Hoenn Pokédex
Gallade, in the Sinnoh Pokédex
Farfetch'd, in the Johto Pokédex

I got Feraligatr my starter pokemon, and Farfetch'd my flying pokemon.

May 25th so...

Zapdos!

Also... Suicune! Lileep! Garchomp! Scolipede!

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom