• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your dream home?

Something similar to Animal Crossing, but with more rooms and halls.

Maybe a single room house that can function as anything, something that allows different purposes for the same space. Simply set a dial and the room changes accordingly.

As for what's inside the house, naturally a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, dining room, living room, parlor, walk in closet, windows jutting out with a cushions to sit on (like the Simpsons house).

Seconding @Tactician Karina here, but I'd like a cabin in a mountainous, snowy area - preferably a log one. Then again, I'm not sure if I'm tough enough to live in such an environment and do my own repairs, etc., not to mention cabins like that tend to be in small villages where everyone knows everyone, and I wouldn't like such a sociable setting. :p

I'd live in a similar house to the one I'm living in now, in a quiet forest neighborhood with lots of parks and trails, with enough space in said house to keep all my books, DVDs, stuffed animals, and figurines, but still live close enough to major shopping areas. My sister said she'd like it if I moved out to Las Vegas with her, but I honestly can't see myself living in a desert environment where the nearest Barnes and Noble is an hour and a half away. Not even joking.

I don't need anything too fancy. I used to think "give me a Baroque-era style palace" but I don't really want a palace. I like small spaces, because TBH, I'd be nervous in a large house with all of that space. It still would be neat to have something historical European styled, perhaps just a tiny bit less gaudy and much smaller. (I always have The Sims to live out that palace fantasy, anyway)

The biggest thing to me is that I'd want this house to be somewhere other than where I live (which I've never cared for). New England would be desirable, but somewhere away from the incompetent, corrupt, alt-right US government would be even better, so Canada? That's the most important thing to me right now (but you could also put me somewhere leftist that has a hot/warm climate, and I'd be miserable. So Canada or the Scandinavian countries sound most ideal).

Some sort of modern, cutting edge, architecturally significant minimalist house like this. With the living room interior from Frasier. That set alone cost around half a million, in 90s money.

I guess it depends on the location. If I was living in the city, I'd like a small modern apartment in a block with a communal rooftop garden. Anywhere else like the suburbs, I'd like a modern-style bungalow with a mini gym, a studio for me to do my artwork and an open kitchen like in our current house but with an added island or breakfast nook. Plus, a garden with a veg patch, a koi pond and a hot tub. I also wouldn't mind being in close walking distance of a river or beach and an easy drive to the nearest town or woodlands (having grown up in the English countryside, I need access to some form of unspoiled natural area whenever I need a moment of refuge from the modern world).

Last edited:
I'd love a well-equiped shack in the mountains or near a secluded beach, or in a small town surrounded by (at least mostly) untouched nature, where and when I've learned how to grow my own food (at least some veggies and fruits). More and more I have the need to get out of the city. I'm tired of having to deal with hordes of people tbh. I want privacy and quiet.

I have multiple dream home ideas, so I'll just list a few.

After I graduate college I would really love to find a small, studio apartment or tiny home. Everything's in one room (well, except the bathroom). I don't know why but I just love this idea of living in a small space all on my own. I especially love the spaces that have all the dining and living room stuff is downstairs, and the bedroom is in a separate upstairs.

Another dream home is a cabin in a mountainous area. My Uncle and Aunt lived in one for a long time, so when we would see them we would stay up there and I always loved it. The rustic, natural-feeling cabin living provides just inspires my writing beyond belief. I would love for the living room to be on the top floor with doors that lead out to a huge balcony overlooking the mountains.

My final dream home idea is less about the home and more about the location. I would really love to have a home super far out and separated from everything. Like, so far from cities that when you look into the sky on a clear night you can see all the stars because there's no artificial light.

Exactly what I live in now, just in a different place with less population around.

I guess it's the smart house wich can clean itself up :D I also always desired to have a pool at my backyard and recently I finally started building it. I've rented my favorite equipment from my friend because I don't have my own yet, but it's temporary. So as you see my dream house - is a smart one with a pool :D

Last edited:
I have lived in the same house for my entire life, and I always said I wanted to buy it from my parents when I was old enough, so it's sort of my dream house already.

I dream of living in a somewhat small house, more modern style, but with plenty of room for me to have an office and movie room where I can spend most of my time in.

Personally, I have long dreamt of having a beautiful house. I've even got my eye on the place. I wonder where do people usually buy houses? What are your favourite countries and cities?

A cottage in the woods with a secret library. Silence and serenity while also reading masterpieces. Some days I would go for a hike. Other days I would sit outside and meditate.

Depends on where I end up living, I suppose. If I stay in Wales, then I'd like to live somewhere along the South coast, preferably in a flat I just don't envision myself ever affording a house, lmao. Somewhere where it's safe to go on walks and not too far removed from nature, but also not so far from civilisation that amenities are inaccessible, or that it's difficult to meet up with friends or find work.

As for the actual house itself, I'd like it to be big enough that I and my boyfriend can both have our own spaces - a room each for our separate hobbies and alone time would be good - but also has a bedroom and living space for us to share; I like the idea of a kitchen area that's attached to the living room, in an open space, as opposed to being an entirely separate room. As long as we both have space to do our own thing
and somewhere for me to display all of my merchandise collections, mwehehe I don't mind where we end up specifically. If I end up moving to Florida, uh... as long as it's not too far out in the countryside, which would feel totally alien to me, I'd be happy living somewhere I could find work as a teacher, continue my hobbies, and... be amongst nature. So I guess not all that different at all, really?

Everyone dreams of their ideal home. And of course everyone imagines it differently. I dream of a house, which is located in a small village or a holiday village. The main thing in the house is beauty and comfort. The house should have a veranda. On it will be very convenient to drink tea or read a book. Especially in rainy weather. Also the house should have blinds window coverings, otherwise I just go crazy from the sunlight in the morning through the windows.

When younger I dreamed of those huge homes with a pool etc, but nowadays I would try for something like a cozy place about 80-100 sq m, two bedrooms (master + guests), living room, small kitchen, bathroom, that is all. Anything beyond that has way too much upkeep cost and cleaning involved without really being worth it.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom