• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what's your favorite ability in pokemon

Moxie. That ability is just stupidly broken, it's hilarious. Three KO's in and you're practically unstoppable. I've swept entire teams with my Scrafty because of Moxie.

"Keep crying, baby! Your tears only make me stronger!"

Same here except I snagged a Sandile with it. Kick ass Crocodile evolved and swept all of Iris's team in W2.

I mainly play double battles, and my favorite abilities are Storm Drain and Lightning Rod. Two common move types that cannot do squat when I have a Pokemon with those abilities out. I also make it to where I have no Water-type or Electric-type moves on anything except the users that have those abilities. Great for Drought teams with Flying-, Fire-, Ground-, and/or Rock- types in them.

Speaking of weather teams, I love Drought. I love using Fire-types the most, and it really helps boost their potential. Water-types are so damn common that Drought is a Godsend. I am not too keen on Snow Warning or Sand Stream. Drizzle is meh.

Illusion is one Ability that I like. Who won't love it when their foe is tricked into using Psychic against a Zoroark. :coffee: Though, inspite of what my user page on Bulbapedia says, it is not my favorite Ability. My favorite Ability is...

Mummy, because it is the signature Ability of two Ghost-type Pokémon which happens to be my favorite type not only is it useful to deactivate the foe's Ability but it is outright funny to see Mummy being spread throughout the battle from one Pokémon to another. :LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Some others that I thought of but enjoy are the attack-to-HP abilities like Water Absorb, Volt Absorb, etc. Super helpful to have and make double battles fun, by being able to attack your own team members. ^^

Favorite ability? I've got a few in mind but I'd have to pick Tinted Lens. Doubling the power of resisted moves is pretty neat, even more so if it's a move type with very few Pokémon doubly resisting it. This is what would have drawn me towards Yanmega if it were Bug/Dragon.

I love Compound Eyes, even though it's not widespread or game changing

Moxie and Competitive are other favorites

Hmm, it's hard to choose so I might post another one later but I do like Contrary. Mostly because it provides a way to make the most out of moves that usually have negative qualities like Leaf Storm or Superpower or Sticky Web and even Intimidate. I think it's an ability that has a lot of potential for exploration provided they include more moves to be used with it.

Another one that comes to mind, but is a much lesser one, is Sheer Force because it's actually balanced in that it provides a poor boost in exchange for something. You want that power boost? Well you're going to have to give up your secondary effects, which is very fair. Some like Tough Claws or Magic Guard or Magic Bounce or Adaptability are completely drawback free which they probably shouldn't be with how powerful they are. Even Contrary has its downsides meaning the Pokemon with them can't abuse regular stat boosting moves like Swords Dance or Nasty Plot etc (not that they need to, but it isn't even an option if they wanted to).

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom