• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favorite DP partner character?

CrystalGlacia

wants Chain of Memories!
Reaction score
By partner character I mean the trainers you team up with in DP: Cheryl, Mira, Riley, Marley, and Buck. My favorite would be either Cheryl or Riley, because they both help in the Battle Tower. I'm also requesting fanart of them because I've been looking for pics of these guys for months. Here's two that I know of:

Ready, Steady GO from DeviantArt
Your Partners also from DA

Teaming up with Mira helped me level up level 30s (Low level compared to wild pokemon in Victory road) holding a lucky egg to level 60s. However, with Archanine always using Helping hand, you have to KO all the pokemon by yourself.

Marley. Pretty surprised to see a Gothic Lolita character in the game (even though her skirt length pretty much pushed her into the realm of erololi.) How I hope she gets an episode. Sadly, it'll be a while.

I like Riley the best. I also like Mira and then Momi. The other two I dont really care for.
Riley's so handsome *_*
Mira's cute
and Momi.... her Chansey was interesting

but ya know, I dont care who's with me (unless it's someone with an ugly overworld sprite), I love traveling with someone and would almost hack my game if that meant not being alone
;_;

because they both help in the Battle Tower.
Umm, all five of them help you in the Battle Tower if you did their respective sidequests.

That point aside, my favorite is Riley, as he's the only one with a decent Pokémon that helped me during his quest. Chansey's Egg Bomb kept missing, Kadabra was underleveled when I did Mira's quest, Arcanine was just plain retarded (y hello thar, Helping Hand'd EQ), and Claydol kept dying, forcing me to rake on two Pokémon at a time.

I personally like Riley and buck.

Mira was hard to find.

As for who I like better when it comes to the ingame adventure, Marley's helping hand Arcanine was way more help than anyone else.

Last edited:
Buck was awesome.

He seemed to be the deepest of the Tag Partners, and had a Claydol.

All the other Tag Partners were horribly undeveloped and seemingly had no real goals. But Buck actually had a rather neat quest.

When I was teaming with Buck so that I could catch Heatran, he used EQ and killed my Empoleon like, ten times. And when you team with Riley, he talks a LOT. I even made a list of the things he said (which I can't find) and I came up with eight.

My faves were Cheryl and Riley. Riley because he helped me level up for the Canalave Gym and the Riolu egg, and Cheryl because she was the first tag partner and she's endeared herself to me.

Well, considering he's the only one of the two partners I've had, I'd say Riley. He was extremely helpful throughout the quest, and gives you a Riolu egg at the end of it. Yayz for Riolu!

Hello Glacia, everyone else. I haven't completed the game yet, and I'e only teamed up with Cheryl and Riley so far. As for battling, prolly Riley. But he looks like a pimp so I don't like him that much. RILEY IS A PIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Glacia, everyone else. I haven't completed the game yet, and I'e only teamed up with Cheryl and Riley so far. As for battling, prolly Riley. But he looks like a pimp so I don't like him that much. RILEY IS A PIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O___o

I really don't like it when people call any character, no matter who it is a "pimp." It just disturbs me.

Riley is the only one I like. The others are creeps and useless in battle. But Mira is good in the Battle Tower.

here's my opinion:

riley: not bad, but i kept killing his lucairo with earthquake

cheril: since most of the pokemon in the forest cant be found untill then (or only with honeying which would have just been introduced to the player) i wanted to catch the pokemon which Cheril wasn't helping with by egg bombing the one i wanted to catch.

buck: not much help, but no real problems.

marley: good how she kept using helping hand to boost my atack, but i didnt need it and she wasted my time.

mira: dont remember her much, think she was ok

O___o

I really don't like it when people call any character, no matter who it is a "pimp." It just disturbs me.

:sweatlol: Sorry Glacia. Just my opinion. :XD2: Uuuurg. Still can't find the DS charger... :banghead:

I'm not fond of Mira, but I like admitting anyway I can find her. In the dark. And then get her out again. In the dark.

But my favorites...I find all of them interesting (save Mira). Marley's hinted to be looking for Shaymin, Riley has his connections to Byron and Roark, Buck's interesting all around (his attitude, older brother we can only guess at), and Cheryl's...well. I love Cheryl, that's a fact. She's my favorite, but the others have their place too (save Mira...poor girl).

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom