• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favorite early Normal/Flying Pokemon?

Favorite Normal/Flying

• Pidgeot

Votes: 40 25.3%
  • Fearow

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Noctowl

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • Swellow

Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Staraptor

Votes: 67 42.4%
  • Unfezant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toucannon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In terms of usefulness, I'm torn between Staraptor and Swellow. Staraptor's really the only one that doesn't get walled by Steels/Rocks (due to Close Combat) but you can't forget about Swellow's great Speed and Guts/Facade.

In terms of looks, either Staraptor or male Kenhorou.

Staraptor's the only one I've ever used on a team. I like him best 'cause I know him best.

Staraptor gets my vote since it can actually defend itself from rock and steel types with close combat.

Which is your favorite: Swellow
Most Useful: They can all fly...
Least Favorite: Fearow

So I voted for Swellow.

And yes, I do train bird Pokémon and evolve them and use them in my team and have them fight the E4 and teach them Fly.

I really want to say Pidgeot or Noctowl, but I can't. I'm sorry. My favorite is by far Swellow. That thing just looks so sleek and it kicks so much ass.

The most useful one? Staraptor for battling purposes, Pidgeot for overworld purposes.

Fearow can suck it.

I thoroughly enjoy Swellow and its Guts-Facade-Speed-Aerial Ace type of Gameplay.

Noctowl... not so much. Never felt like I could use it at all.

Star...aptor. I've used him a good bit. Pidgeot is second.

Re: What's your favorite Normal/Flying Pokemon?

I'm just going to say Wargle now. I haven't even used it, I just love its design.

Wargle is not "early". You can barely get one before Elite 4. In this case it would be Kenhorou.

Still, Badassaptor for the win.

Re: What's your favorite Normal/Flying Pokemon?

Wargle is not "early". You can barely get one before Elite 4. In this case it would be Kenhorou.

Still, Badassaptor for the win.

Note that that post was made in a different thread...

Which is your favorite: Staraptor
Most Useful: Staraptor
Least Favorite: Noctowl

Staraptor, as has been said, has the best moves in the form of Close Combat. I might be converted to another one after I've played through Black, though.

i'd have to say my fav is a tie between Pidgeot and Noctowl, but the Hawk got my vote over the owl today ;P

Fave: Swellow. It just looks so smug and sure of itself.
Least Fave: Staraptor. Seriously, whats up with the emo fringe?

and don't be hatin yo! >:O lol /5 months late lol

If I had to pick one, it would be Noctowl, 'cause it can use Psychic-type moves. But I never really keep any of the early Flying-type Pokemon on my team for long, anyways.

Staraptor, because it looks cool, has a high Attack and Speed, gets Close Combat to wreck Steel- and Rock-type opponents and learns Brave Bird and Double-Edge. Intimidate is very helpful, too.
That being said, Fearow and Swellow are also awesome.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom