• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favorite frog/toad/tadpole Pokemon?

What's your favorite frog/toad/tadpole Pokemon?

• Poliwag

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Poliwrath

• Politoed

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Croagunk

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Toxicroak

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Tympole

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Palpitoad

• Seismitoad

• Froakie

• Frogadier

• Greninja

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Ash-Greninja

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
There's a decent amount of frog/toad/tadpole Pokemon in the series. Which one is your favorite and why?
600px-062Poliwrath.png 600px-186Politoed.png 800px-454Toxicroak.png 800px-537Seismitoad.png 800px-658Greninja.png

Last edited:
I've never used any of them but going just by their appearance I like Croagunk, Toxicroak and Greninja the most.

270px-Seismitoad_EpEc.gif

It's a three-way tie between Toxicroak, Semistoad, and Greninja, but since Semistoad has no votes yet, I'll go for that. Rankings:
  1. Seismitoad
  2. Toxicroak
  3. Greninja
  4. Croagunk
  5. Froakie
  6. Politoad
  7. Frogadier
  8. Poliwhirl
  9. Poliwrath
  10. Poliwag
  11. Palpitoad
  12. Tympole
  13. Ash-Greninja

Last edited:
Politoed is charismatic and adorable, it's one of my favorite Pokemon ever.

Poliwag and Poliwhirl are cute and unique on their own and Poliwrath is decent and strong.

Palpitoad is a weird taste of mine, he looks very unique.

Greninja for its speed and Protean, although I really dislike its Ash-Greninja form.
I also quite like Politoed and Toxicroak.

Last edited:
Toxicroak because of its Poison type, colour scheme (though I wish the shiny version would be it's normal one) and the claws. I don't like it's Gen. VI sprite as it's seems way too nervous. Edit: Saturn's Toxicroak (both ingame and anime) made me hatch one in the Lake of Rage (HG) and train it as a trusty companion.
I love Politoed's cheerfulness and colour scheme but the fact that I never started a playthrough or obtained one early one, I still have to use it in a team and play with it to like him more. After it, I love Poliwhirl.
I like Seismitoad but since I love it's shiny version more than the regular, it's in third place.
Greninja...can't like any of its line members, namely because of the hype created around it by the fans and Ash's Greninja being something that was just a gimmick that wasn't even nice to see.

I guess Greninja. I used to like it; primarily due to its surprise inclusion in Smash and all, but ever since Ash-Greninja my feelings eventually faded away, but it's still enough that it catches my attention just a teensy bit compared to the rest. None of the other frogs in Pokemon ever leave a lasting impression on me; I remember liking Poliwrath when I was younger but I don't care about it, nowadays.

I think Politoed is probably my favourite. I thought it was quite exciting when Poliwhirl got a new evolution that's drastically different from the rest of the family and looks more frog-like. Greninja is pretty cool too, although I've always thought it's a little overrated and it's actually my least favourite Kalos starter (the "worst" of a great trio).

Has anyone ever thought about how strange it is that Froakie and Croagunk begin life as frogs, not tadpoles? Croagunk could theoretically get a tadpole pre-evolution in the future, but Froakie is part of a three-stage line already.

Last edited:
You missed out Venusaur which is also a toad Pokémon, but from that list, I would pick both Seismitoad and Greninja.

If Venusaur is on the list, then I would probably ticked him and his Mega Evolution.

You missed out Venusaur which is also a toad Pokémon, but from that list, I would pick both Seismitoad and Greninja.

If Venusaur is on the list, then I would probably ticked him and his Mega Evolution.

Yeah, I forgot that the Bulbasaur line has frog characteristics too. I usually think of them as dinosaurs because of their names.

Yeah, I forgot that the Bulbasaur line has frog characteristics too. I usually think of them as dinosaurs because of their names.

It's obviously supposed to be some kind of reptile - where are these so called frog characteristics?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom