• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favorite Opening? (English)

What's your favorite Opening? (English)

• Pokémon Theme

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Pokémon World

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Pokémon Johto

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Born to Be a Winner

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Believe in Me

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I Wanna Be a Hero

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • This Dream

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Unbeatable

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Battle Frontier

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Diamond and Pearl

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • We Will Be Heroes

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Battle Cry - (Stand Up!)

• We Will Carry On!

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Black and White

• Total voters

Iteru

Something
Reaction score
Which English opening of the anime is your favourite and why?

Last edited:
Born to be a winner because it's rockin' and it has great lyrics!!!!!!

Though I like the older, classic themes better, I've taken a liking to "We Will Carry On!" lately, so I've voted for that.

the first theme beats all by a landslide. That is how the whole damn show got popular pretty much

I watched since the start and I really wasn't a big fan of the first theme but Born to Be a Winner was really epic with the opening so it gets my vote.

Born to be a winner because it's rockin' and it has great lyrics!!!!!!
"Born To Be A Winner" is my favorite opening as well, and for the same reasons. =)

I also like ALL the other openings that David Rolfe sang. He was great!!

And of course, I like the first season theme as well, but mostly for nostalgia. ^^

"Born to Be a Winner." I remember hearing it in the Celebi movie. Such a catchy tune!

Definitely the first opening, it's very memorable and catchy. I still know all the lyrics to the song after all these years.

Unbeatable is a very close second.

BORN TO BE A WINNER because The 4ever movie version is EPIC!

Last edited:
How many times has such a thread popped up every now and then?

Anyway, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Pokémon Johto. It's basically the only Pokémon opening I know by heart. ._.

I'll always have to say the first opening is my favorite because of nostalgia, but Pokemon Johto, Believe in Me, and Unbeatable are all favorites of mine as well

I like the Pokemon Theme (the very first theme). Anyways, that's the only theme I have heard (frequently).
I also like the theme song from Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (it's a Pokemon movie).

I can't really choose one only because many opening are great but if I would choose one for each series, it'll be like this :

Original Series : Born to be a Winner
Advance Generation : Unbeatable
Diamond & Pearl : Battle Cry (Stand Up)/We Will Carry On (I can't decide between the two)

As for the Black & White series, I'm waiting for the other opening.

This thread is evil for making me choose just one. :mad:

But if I have to, I'll go with...the original tune. For the nostalgia and funny parodies. Remember singing it all the time way back in the day and annoying the crap out of my parents.

Pokémon World, Pokémon Johto, Born to Be a Winner, I Wanna Be a Hero, Unbeatable, We Will Be Heroes, and Battle Cry - (Stand Up!) also rock.

Battle Cry was actually good to me. I liked the melodies it had. But it's actually a tie with the first theme.

Season 9 for me...

It's assosiated with my favourite series of anime, the change from 4kids to TPCI, and as such was shorter than Unbeatable (which was okay, but HUGE and boring).

The only real good TPCi theme. It all went downhill from there...

Almost every opening is good. I'm tempted to go with the first one because of the feels but I went with "Pokemon World". It took everything I liked about the first one and remixed it into something much more catchy and vibrant. The worst theme in my opinion is "This Dream"

Back
Top Bottom