• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favorite Opening? (English)

What's your favorite Opening? (English)

• Pokémon Theme

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Pokémon World

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Pokémon Johto

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Born to Be a Winner

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Believe in Me

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I Wanna Be a Hero

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • This Dream

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Unbeatable

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Battle Frontier

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Diamond and Pearl

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • We Will Be Heroes

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Battle Cry - (Stand Up!)

• We Will Carry On!

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Black and White

• Total voters
I really enjoy Battle Cry - Stand Up, as it is a catchy tune from the DP series. ;-)

Born to be a Winner is one of my favorites. I do like the first ten openings over all. (I am mad at TCPi for what they did to the opening of the 10th movie thought) I guess part of my problem is that they just don't feel like what the first ten openings had.

Pokémon Johto is my favorite, but I liked all of them up until Sinnoh League Victors.

born to be a hero. i like how it sounds like a remix of the original pokemon theme at first then breaks off to its own thing.

4kids Dub:
Pokémon Theme
Pokémon Johto
I Wanna Be a Hero
This Dream
Unbeatable

TPCi dub:
Battle Cry - (Stand Up!)

We Will Be Heroes (TV Version)
Black and White (Movie Version only)
It's Always You and Me

Last edited:
I think a lot of them are good but they get better and better each and every Season so it is Hard.

I vaguely remember talking about this in a similar thread made years ago, but if I had to pick one, then I'd go for This Dream. Might be kind of an unusual pick for a 4Kids song but I actually liked how it sounded a tad more somber and serious than the songs before (and after) it. At least it seemed that way to me; after the "PO-KE-MON!!" at the very start, it was a much more toned-down beat that gradually brought itself up over time. I guess arguably the original theme had a similar premise, but I've actually gotten sick of the original theme, oh deary me how could I. I haven't gotten sick of the rest from the 4Kids era, though. Unbeatable, Born to be a Winner, Pokemon Johto, and Pokemon World are among my favorites as well. Oddly enough the themes I've liked the least have been from the end of each respective series (excluding Black & White, how weird); IMO Believe in Me, Battle Frontier, and We Will Carry On all kinda suck compared to the themes preceding them in their respective series... they all either carry on some beat that sounds enough like a Pokemon song but doesn't stand out enough for me or sound just plain lazy. Or both. Maybe, possibly, Saikou Everyday! being so awesome made We Will Carry On suck more than it normally would have. I just know even now it's hard for me to listen to and accept that as the end of Diamond & Pearl's song. Hell, I've even gotten adjusted to Diamond & Pearl purely for the lulz. :p

It's a pity the TCPi songs can't be as long as 4Kids (and I'm pretty convinced it's because of the network + advertising that's forced them to cut the OPs down so much); I actually enjoy We Will Be Heroes and Battle Cry - (Stand Up!)... and a couple of the Black & White songs beyond the first one, forget what their names are.

If I had to pick a favorite from the TCPi era, it would probably be Battle Cry - (Stand Up!) or the current Black & White theme (I happen to like the cheesy "oh-oh!" chorus :p). But This Dream still trumps everything.

The original one. As I've said in other threads, I'm a fan of the classics.

I vaguely remember talking about this in a similar thread made years ago, but if I had to pick one, then I'd go for This Dream. Might be kind of an unusual pick for a 4Kids song but I actually liked how it sounded a tad more somber and serious than the songs before (and after) it. At least it seemed that way to me; after the "PO-KE-MON!!" at the very start, it was a much more toned-down beat that gradually brought itself up over time. I guess arguably the original theme had a similar premise, but I've actually gotten sick of the original theme, oh deary me how could I. I haven't gotten sick of the rest from the 4Kids era, though. Unbeatable, Born to be a Winner, Pokemon Johto, and Pokemon World are among my favorites as well. Oddly enough the themes I've liked the least have been from the end of each respective series (excluding Black & White, how weird); IMO Believe in Me, Battle Frontier, and We Will Carry On all kinda suck compared to the themes preceding them in their respective series... they all either carry on some beat that sounds enough like a Pokemon song but doesn't stand out enough for me or sound just plain lazy. Or both. Maybe, possibly, Saikou Everyday! being so awesome made We Will Carry On suck more than it normally would have. I just know even now it's hard for me to listen to and accept that as the end of Diamond & Pearl's song. Hell, I've even gotten adjusted to Diamond & Pearl purely for the lulz. :p

It's a pity the TCPi songs can't be as long as 4Kids (and I'm pretty convinced it's because of the network + advertising that's forced them to cut the OPs down so much); I actually enjoy We Will Be Heroes and Battle Cry - (Stand Up!)... and a couple of the Black & White songs beyond the first one, forget what their names are.

If I had to pick a favorite from the TCPi era, it would probably be Battle Cry - (Stand Up!) or the current Black & White theme (I happen to like the cheesy "oh-oh!" chorus :p). But This Dream still trumps everything.

From the 4Kids era, mostly agreed, and Chronicles is my worst of their efforts, with Advanced in second place (though I do like Advanced). Suprisingly I find Jason Paige's Pokemon Theme overrated, but I do really love it, even if I am kind of sick of it like you.

This Dream from Advanced Challenge was also my favorite of the AG ones, and it's my second favorite out of all the intros. Like you I feel it has a very nice somber and dark tone that meshes in well with the tone of the song. My favorite, Johto Journeys, has a starkly different tone: a very upbeat and happy tone that meshes in well with the adventure feeling of the song.

I couldn't agree more with you on the TPCi era intros. Pretty much word for word how I feel on them (except personally I like Black and White more than Rival Destinies, and I'm NEVER going to used to the first Diamond and Pearl intro).

Both of my favorite intros come from the 4Kids era, though (for me, 3 and 7).

Last edited:
I voted Unbeatable because it was the best song to be produced by John Seigler and David Rolfe and it got an awesome remix in Movie 8 and I'm glad that 4Kids went out on a high while they had the chance.

I was torn, obviously the original is an icon and is recognized throughout the world simply as "The Pokemon Theme." But as I knew most votes would go for that I voted for The Johto Journeys. So happy and uplifting.

My favorites are

1. The first Pokemon theme
2. Pokemon World
3. Battle Frontier

I chose the Battle frontier because while it's short it has a lot of meaning in it.

I voted Unbeatable because it was the best song to be produced by John Seigler and David Rolfe and it got an awesome remix in Movie 8 and I'm glad that 4Kids went out on a high while they had the chance.
It's a really good intro at any rate. Not my favorite of David Rolfe's, but definitely one of his finest performances.

Tie between the original and Pokemon Johto.

Y'all know the original, right? Well I like it more in movie form:

[video=youtube;ClrcZr3gjSw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClrcZr3gjSw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

And Pokemon Johto in both movie and TV:

I like them because they have a very modern feel to them, and it just makes me love Pokemon even more.

The original, Johtoh, and This Dream (particularly the extended fan version on Youtube) are my favorites.

I also like the DP Rap for cheese value, it cracks me up.

Kinda funny how in the 90s they made an 80s pump-up rock song for the original theme, and then in the 00s they made an early 90s rap for the first DP theme.

This is hard to say, I guess I'll have to go with Unbeatable. It's such a catchy song and I just love it.

Back
Top Bottom