• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's Your Favorite Pokémon (Generation 7)

Who is your favorite Pokémon from generation 7?

• Rowlet

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Dartrix

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Decidueye

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • Litten

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Torracat

• Incineroar

• Popplio

• Brionne

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Primarina

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Pikipek

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Trumbeak

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Toucannon

• Yungoos

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Gumshoos

• Grubbin

• Charjabug

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Vikavolt

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Crabrawler

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Crabominable

• Oricorio Pom-Pom / Oricorio Baile / Oricorio Pa'u / Oricorio Senzu

• Cutiefly

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Ribombee

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Rockruff

• Lycanroc Midday / Lycanroc Midnight / Lycanroc Dusk

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • Wishiwashi Solo / Wishiwashi School

• Mareanie

• Toxapex

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Mudbray

• Mudsdale

• Dewpider

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Araquanid

• Fomantis

• Lurantis

• Morelull

• Shiinotic

• Salandit

• Salazzle

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Stuffal

• Beware

• Bounsweet

• Steenee

• Tsareena

• Comfey

• Oranguru

• Passimian

• Wimpod

• Golisopod

• Sandygast

• Palossand

• Pyukumuku

• Type: Null

• Silvally

• Minior

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Komala

• Turtonator

• Togedemaru

• Mimikyu

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Bruxish

• Drampa

• Dhelmise

• Jangmo-o

• Hakamo-o

• Kommo-o

• Tapu Koko

• Tapu Lele

• Tapu Bulu

• Tapu Fini

• Cosmog

• Cosmoem

• Solgaleo

• Lunala

• Nihilego

• Buzzwole

• Pheromosa

• Xurkitree

• Celesteela

• Kartana

• Guzzlord

• Necrozma / Dusk Mane Necrozma / Dawn Wings Necrozma / Ultra Necrozma

• Magearna

• Marshadow

• Poipole

• Naganadel

• Stakataka

• Blacephalon

• Zeraora

• Total voters

SirOni

Driving You Batty
Reaction score
$
$
$
The Favorite Pokémon Thread
$
latest
$

(Generation 7)

Welcome to one of our newly revamped "Favorite Pokémon" threads, everyone!

Just like with its previous edition, in this thread you can vote for your favorite Pokémon and discuss anything you want about it—yes, anything! Does it have a unique type combination you always wanted to see in previous generations? Do you have a giant plush of the 'mon in your room? Did the 'mon strike the final blow in a battle you thought you were going to lose? Let us know!

In this thread, you can choose any Pokémon from the seventh generation. This thread will also be used for Generation VIII when comes out. Any of them from Rowlet to Zeraora is fair game. Alternate forms can also be voted here. Yes, all of Silvally's forms as well even if they all don't fit in a single box above.

Does your favorite not belong to this generation? Fear not. We've got you covered.

So, who is your favorite?

dhelmise.gif
My very favorite Pokémon not only of generation 7, but of all time, is Dhelmise. It's a mass of possessed seaweed controlling an anchor, ship's wheel and compass, and it has an appearance vaguely mimicking a sneering pirate face with pointy teeth. What's not to love?

stakataka.gif
Stakataka is another one of my very favorites. A living tower built up of sentient bricks with eyes? Heck yes! I also love how its legs tuck into its corners to make it appear like a normal wall.

xurkitree.gif
Xurkitree is yet again one of my top favorite Pokémon. If you can't tell by now, I'm usually a fan of inanimate object Pokémon with minimal facial features, and this walking bundle of cords is no exception.

nihilego.gif
I loved this translucent jellyfish creature from the moment it was revealed, and having that weird type combination makes me like Nihilego even more.

charjabug.gif
Charjabug is a pupa that looks like a bus. Enough said.

brionne.gif
Brionne is quite the adorable starter evolution if you ask me, or if you don't ask me. And it evolves into something extremely elegant with a type combo I'm excited to try out.
primarina.gif
Primarina and Brionne are what made me take the jump to Team
popplio.gif

rockruff.gif
Rockruff is just so cute! Its evolution, Lycanroc, is also really cool in each of its three forms. My
lycanroc-dusk.gif
also maintains the sheer cuteness of its prevo when I care for it in Pokémon Refresh.

morelull.gif
There's so mushroom for loving Morelull! *drum sting* They did a fine job creating this generation's fungus Pokémon. Shiinotic is a pretty cool evolution for it, too.
shiinotic.gif

rowlet.gif
While I didn't choose it as my starter, I must say Rowlet is cute. Could there be a fancier leafy owl with a bowtie?
dartrix.gif
...what do you know, there is! I also love the concept of
decidueye.gif
literally growing a bow and arrows on its body, though I was skeptical at first.

golisopod.gif
Can't forget this big guy. Look at all those limbs! It's a great evolution for cute little Wimpod.
wimpod.gif
I also love how its ability changes names to appear cooler, but does the exact same thing.

Last edited:
To narrow down some of my picks:

1 - Oricorio. My favorite form of bird is yellow (Pom-Pom style); the red form looks pretty awesome on its own terms but Fire+Flying isn't as awesome of a type combo as Electric+Flying (Electric adds no weaknesses to Flying). Between Feather Dance, Confide, and Roost, my bird was almost untouchable in the story.

2 - Pikipek family. A worthwhile "early regional bird", and while I find the final evolution (Toucannon) to be a bit disappointing in the design department (plus a different stat spread, namely a low Speed) Beak Blast is a great signature move and Toucannon does hit hard like a Staraptor (minus the Brave Bird recoil).

3 - Rockruff family. An adorable pooch that can evolve one of two ways. Midday Lycanroc definitely feels like the natural evolution, too bad it isn't quite as sturdy as the Midnight form. The concept of day/night evolved forms works really well here -- now, if only they weren't also version-exclusive....

4 - Torracat (alone). Sorry but Incineroar is actually on my picks for least-favorite Pokemon of this generation, on account of how stark the change in design from Torracat was; it's as if the final evo was designed by a different person.

5 - Salazzle. I still find her design somewhat off-putting, but unlike some former quarupeds, it's not a disappointment compared to its pre-evolution. A bit too fragile at times (definitely stay away from those Ground types) but she's fast and mean.

6 - Silvally family. I love how this is a Pokemon you primarily learn about via in-game lore. I was unspoiled to Type:Null itself (and as such, genuinely surprised+impressed to see Gladion maining it). I knew there was a species named "Silvally" from the GTS but was able to ignore it, so again I was surprised to see it in-game first.

Last edited:
Keeping it simple, I love Bewear. It's silly portrayal in the anime amuses me, the one I used in game I adored, and it's fluffy. :p

Oricorio Baille is my number one pick here. I love both the regular color and the shiny color. The dresses and the frills are just so well-designed into its wings :D

Gen VII? I'm so, so split here between Primarina and Kartana. My other picks are Ribombee, Comfey, Minior, and Kommo-o. I suppose I do like this generation's Fairy types, in fact.

incineroar.gif

Incineroar! I Hated it when the designs were first leaked, but it's grown to become one of my favourites. Such a badass Pokémon.

I also absolutely love Salazzle, Golisopod, Kartana and Lycanroc (Midnight). In fact, all 4 if those Pokémon managed to get into my "top 20 Pokémon of all-time" spot, which is usually a hard thing to do. Turtonator is also creeping up my favourites list, and I wouldnt be surprised if it ends up also making it into my top faves. It's so cute! I also think Xurkitree, Lurantis, Bewear, Decidueye, Mareanie, Popplio (and Brionne), and Celesteela are really, really cool. Gen 7 sure did introduce some awesome Pokémon. In fact it is probably my second favourite gen as far as Pokémon introduced goes, only being beaten by gen 5.

Last edited:
Pyukumuku is #1. Love it.

Others I really like are Minior, Shiinotic, Golisopod, Vikavolt, Toxapex, Lurantis, Ribombee, Palossand, Komala, Togedemaru, Marshadow, Kartana, Nihilego, Blacephalon, Poipole. Not a bad generation overall.

Silvally easily. Love its design, backstory and Ability. It is a shame that Memories don't boost the power of the respective attacks, unlike Plates.
I also like Primarina, Decidueye, Vikavolt, Dhelmise, Salazzle, Kommo-o, Lycanroc (Midday and Dusk Forms), Solgaleo, Lunala, and Zeraora.

WIMPOD AND GOLISOPOD ARE THE BEST POKEMON EVER, YO

I'm also fond of the Grubbin line, Crabrawler and Crabominable, the Rowlet line, Mareanie and Toxapex, Salandit and Salazzle, the Jangmo-o line, Mimikyu, Buzzwole, and Sandygast and Palossand.

Last edited:
This generation introduced a lot of cool stuff. I think my personal favorite of this gen is Araquanid. The inspiration for it is pretty esoteric, its ability makes it quite deadly in spite of its mediocre attacking stats, and I love its menacing design in general.

Some other cool Pokemon in this gen that I like include: Pyukumuku, Minior, Dhelmise, all of the USUM Ultra Beasts, Guzzlord, Nihilego, Celesteela, Mareanie, Toxapex, Primarina, Tapu Lele, Golisopod, Shiinotic, Palossand, Mimikyu, Bewear, Lunala, Midnight Lycanroc, and Decidueye

Favorite Pokemon from the gen is Nihilego. Terrifying in action yet intriguing in appearance, it's one of the most dangerous Pokemon in my opinion. The fact that the story in Sun/Moon is entirely it's responsibility adds to it's horror. Also, jellyfish being my favorite undersea creature helps as well.

Second place is Mimikyu. I thought it was hilarious when it was first revealed, and it being a rather strong Pokemon competitively (at least for me in Sun) makes it a favorite.

Decidueye and Solgaleo are also some of my favorites.

My favorite gen 7 Pokemon is Primarina. Not sold on the initial leak, but it has since then grown on me when i saw its in-game footage.

Mudsdale is my second favorite: While i don't like horses in particular, i like Mudsdales design a lot and it has carried my team in my first Sun playthrough

From the start, i have always liked Turtonator... which for me is odd, since Fire is my least favorite type... but Turtonator has proven that even if you dislike the type, if a design and the concept is good, it doesn't matter.

Primarina is so beautiful and she reminds me of a mermaid.

Rowlet is adorable, and with its evolutions they make a perfect line.
Charjabug is quite curious and intriguing.
Wimpod and Golisopod are an awesome line and have good colors. Same with Crabrawler and Crabominable, the latter is very fluffy.
Wishiwashi and Turtonator are very cool.
Primarina and Stufful are cute.
Stakataka, Guzzlord and Kartana are my top UBs, their designs are unique and they are very weird.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom