• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favorite pokemon movie or movies of all times?

Terrell

Reaction score
Hello guys i wanna know what pokemon movies you fans watch or liked the most. my favorite ones was ”pokemon rise of darkria” and, “pokemon the first movie” i saw a trailer of the 14th movie. i wanna know what you folks like. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the first one is the best. Mewtow was a great character and I loved the plot.

I have to give my love out to the first movie, because it's a classic. But I really like Destiny Deoxys. I loved that there wasn't really a villain in it. It was just two misunderstood Pokemon trying to find their way. Plus, I love that they used a kid who was scared of Pokemon.

I admit I have not seen them all, but the first movie will probably forever be my favorite.

I really like the Japanese versions of the first three movies and Movie 8. Based on Dogasu's review, I think I will love the 15th movie as well.

The Lucario movie is easily my favorite movie. Lucario was a great character and I loved its relationships with Sir Aaron and Ash. The story was engaging with a couple of surprising twists, at least when I first watched it, and it had some great emotional moments near the end that still leave me crying whenever I rewatch the movie. The animation and music were beautiful. It's because of this movie that Lucario became my favorite Pokemon, although having such a cool design helped too.

Mewtwo strikes back by far. Mewtwo was epic and Mew was rediculously cute.

Well, it is Pokémon so of course the very first movie is the best one. The original is always the best anyway. Gen 1 Pokémon FTW!

I'll try to be serious for a brief moment...while I really like the first movie for all the setup within the anime before its release, the very interesting background info for its storyline ( the radio drama with Musashi's mother, the short segment of Mewtwo's childhood etc.) and of course because Mewtwo was a very interesting character. Looking back it has a lot of problems, but I still enjoy most of it today as well. I still remember how I went to the cinema to watch it...even back then my best friend and I were way too old to like Pokémon and was probably the only one above 12 in the whole cinema who weren't a parent.

BUT my true favourite movie is the Lucario one. Great story, characters and fun animation. I especially liked the "dying" scenes of the main characters. It is always nice when you see pretty much the whole Pokémon party of the characters within a movie outside of picknick scenes. Lucario may be an annoying fanfavourite Pokémon now, but the Lucario from the movie was, just like Mewtwo, a pretty interesting character on its own. The absence of a human villian helped this movie a lot as well.

I love the second one. (Legendary Birds and Lugia, obviously) Also, the epic music during the climax scene, Team Rocket's role, the silly one-liners, and even the Pokeshipping hints are the icing on the cake.

I remember being super excited for it even before the first movie was released.

Mine is Lucario and the Mystery of Mew for 2 reasons:
1. Lucario
2. Someone dies and doesn't get revived.

Lucario and the mystery of mew, because it's the only pokemon movie that i haven't cried from nostolgia.

My favorite ones were...
Rise of Darkrai ( i love the whole dreams-fusing-with-reality thing XD )
Lucario and the Mystery of mew (i almost cried)
Pokemon heroes (the scene at the end made me go like o_O...and i almost cried ;n; )
Pokemon movie B/W(title that's too long for me to type)-I really liked this movie, the animation was awesome. and watching it at the 2012 pokemon world championships had to be one of the awesomest thing i ever did. Pool party with poke-beach balls ftw!

I also liked the short videos. most of the movies got them.
xD

Pokemon Heroes
I think it's one of the most beautiful Pokemon movies. Made me cry when I was younger :(
I love the gorgeous scenery in the movie. All Pokemon movies have such great backgrounds; I'm in awe watching the movies a couple years later, appreciating them all the more.

Last edited:
Yeah most of the movies have good backgrounds. the best background was the pokemon rangers one. the one with jack walker in. xD

Definitely movie 8 (the one with Lucario), it was awesome, awesome, awesome! I've watched it around 10 times and every time I do I can't stop fangirling at the adorable relationship between Lucario and Aaron and Ash and Pikachu. It's just so cute! But I do think that Mew's an ass for causing all the trouble and then asking Lucario to sacrifice himself to save it and the tree XD

I also like half of the first movie, but I felt cheated by the ending. Really, Mewtwo was proving to be such an awesome and deep character, and then the plot is solved nonsensically. I loved it when I was 5, but 12 years later, I think they wasted the chance to make the movie amazing.

Back
Top Bottom