• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favorite pokemon movie or movies of all times?

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew was my favorite :) I totally loved the relationship between Sir Aaron and Lucario

I also loved Spell of the Unown. The villain girl was pretty unique, and Entei VS Charizard was totally epic

6 and 9, emotional, the main protagonist was not ash and they are the only movies that made me cry (well those and the spongebob movie)

Any of the movies with Mewtwo, his story was just tragic and he never meant to be a villain.

Also loved Spell of the Unknown, it was unique, had a good story, Entei was cool, nice fights, and even emotional at times, alot of fun when I was younger.

Pokémon the Movie 2000: The Power of One is my favourite movie because I like Lugia and I thought it was amazing that one Lugia could alone fight The Three Legendary Birds. My second favourite is Mewtwo Strikes Back, partly because of nostalgia, but it's still one of the better movies. Spell Of The Unown was pretty good too. That's my top three.

The Power of One (M02) and The Rise of Darkrai (M10) are my two favorite Pokémon movies.

Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (M09) was pretty good too and deserves to be mentioned.

The first one definitely, but I also loved Lucario and the Mystery of Mew too. They're all pretty good really.

M02 (Pokémon the Movie 2000 - The Power of One) and The Rise of Darkrai. I love Lugia and Melody's song is beautiful.
The Rise of Darkrai (M10) I just watched for the first time recently and it exceeded my expectations. It has a darker plot than most Pokemon movies and it's another one with really amazing music too.

The Rise of Darkrai - Nonstop action, a Legendary Fight the way it SHOULD be, almost every person & pokemon who shows up makes themselves useful, and downright gorgeous animation

Spell of the Unown - Great animation, a more streamlined story, cool action scenes, and Satoshi-tachi's non-Pikachu Pokemon play a bigger role than in the 2 movies before or after.

Pokemon Ranger & the Temple of the Seas - Adventersome, fantastical, and moments so silly their's so bad they're good. And while I can't place my finger on it, I was moved by May's relation with Manaphy

Lucario & the Mystery of Mew - Lucario is a deep, complex character, I like the mystical vibe the locale had, and it was hoot seeing Pokemon armies go LOTR on each other and the regular characters in LARPing costumes :XD:

The Legend of Thunder (Jap version only!) - I know this is a stretch because its a TV movie, but I still love it. Kenta was more likable & intersting than Ash will ever be, his relationship with Kris was better than anyting the shipper dopes can come up with, Attila & Hun are what all TR members SHOULD be, and Raikou gets the best role out of the Johto Legendary Beast.

Last edited:
The third movie has always been my favorite. I just always loved the storyline and the animation of it.

Also the Lucario movie because I just loved Lucario's character. It also made me pretty emotional at times.

Pokémon 2000, Pokémon 4Ever, and Pokémon Heroes are my personal favorites. The fourth in particular was one of my favorite movies when I was little. I loved Celebi and Sam and the giant tree-thing x3 The second movie had an amazing score that gave me goosebumps even as a kid, and Pokémon Heroes made me cry every time, and the scenery and attention to detail were just awesome.

Pokemon: The First Movie - Mewtwo Strikes back is my favorite movie mainly because of all the build-up it had in the anime. Mewtwo was awesome as a misunderstood villain, and who could forget the climax involving our main protagonist Ash?. My second favorite movie was Pokemon the movie 2000: The Power of One due to Team Rocket's role, Lugia's role, the appearance of the Elemental Legendary birds, the first human villain in the movies, and the cameo of an Ancient Mew TCG Card towards the end.

The first is always the greatest in my eyes. It was kinda Disney-esque, but it wasn't a bad movie. Jirachi was also a good one. I liked Max in that...

Up to this point, I'd have to say "Love and Battles" series just because of how ridiculous its last movie (Love and Battles 3) is.

Rise of Darkrai wasn't that bad.

I'm gonna say Pokemon 2000. It's exciting and totally PokeShippy.

I never seen the newest movie that came out. lol i finally seen the zoroak one the other day. :D

Last edited:
I don't get to see many movies since I don't even know if there's a movie theater within 20 blocks of me (probably not). For Pokemon, it's got to be Pokemon The Movie 2000 (M02).

I really don't accept the title "The Power of One," but I'll blame 4Kids for that one. This movie sprang a billion fanfictions with Ash/Misty and Ash/Melody. I particularly liked it due to the awesome sexiness of Lugia. And why did the bird attack Lugia in the first place? It didn't do anything other than show up. Maybe it's becuase they were jealous of his sexiness and the fact they will never get 1% of that. I especially love Lugia's Song and I have wrote my own sheet music (piano cover) for it (that's almost perfectly in-sync with the actual MP3.), though it's missing some notes that sounded weird on piano and added some to make it sound better.

The others ones I'm disputed about from Pokemon Heroes (M05), Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (M08), and The Rise of Darkrai (M10).

For me it's Pokémon the Movie: White—Victini and Zekrom (M14). It was the first time since Pokemon Heroes that a Pokemon movie got an actual theatrical release and I'll never forget the feeling I got when I saw that it was showing in a theatre about an hour and a half away from me. There was copious begging from yours truly so that I could actually get a ticket and go. (One of the many reasons I love my husband...)

I went not for Victini or the Dragons, but for Juanita's Golurk. I can still remember how my heart skipped a beat when I heard the massive thudding of those footsteps as that huge Automaton came into view. And yes, there were times that I choked up while I watched. Both times Golurk went down while fighting, I was crying. (Things don't look good for Victini and I just shrug but go after Golurk and I get upset fast!)

Back
Top Bottom