• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favorite Pokemon movie?

What's your favorite Pokemon movie?

• Mewtwo Strikes Back

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • The Power of One

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Spell of the Unown

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Celebi: Voice of the Forest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon Heroes

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Jirachi: Wishmaker

• Destiny Deoxys

• Lucario and the Mystery of Mew

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea

• The Rise of Darkrai

• Giritina and the Sky Warrior

• Arceus and the Jewel of Life

• Zoroark: Master of Illusions

• BW Victini and Resiram/Zekrom

• Kyurem VS. the Sword of Justice

• Genesect and the Legend Awakened

• Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction

• I never liked any of these at all.

• Total voters

Osprey

Nah, not possible.
Reaction score
Which is your favorite? What makes it better than all the others?

For me, I liked the Power of One quite a bit. Aside from the nostalgia (I watched this a lot as a little kid), it did a good job depicting the 3 birds and Lugia. Oh, and that Lugia song... beautiful.

Last edited:
M03 gets my vote, my favorite film from each saga is:

Pokémon 3: The Movie - Spell of the Unknown

AG:
Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea

DP:
Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior

BW:
Pokémon the Movie - Black: Victini and Reshiram

XY:
TBA

Last edited:
I voted for the Power of One as well.

Loved the music, loved the plot, loved Team Rocket being on the side of good and helping Ash, loved the mythology, loved the legendary birds and Lugia.
Loved seeing a few Johto Pokes.

Also love the pun in the dub about "how the world will turn to ash/Ash"

I voted for Mewtwo strikes back but I like a few others just as much, I just loved Mewtwo in this movie and it made Mewtwo one of my favourites.
-The Power Of One
-Giratina and the Sky Warrior
-Zoroark: Master of Illusions

The Sinnoh Trilogy, it's funny because Gen 4 is my favourite gen. And even funnier is that i don't like the anime at all, but i enjoyed all the movies.

Out of 17 movies released so far it was pretty tough choice to narrow down choice to most favorite one. Since several of them have great characters, setting, plot, battles and original storyline.

But after some thinking i decided to put this three as my favorite of all time(that might change in future in case future movies leave me more fascinated):

But ok if i had to pick it would be:
1-Spell of Unknown-(features my all time favorite pokemon Entei even though he was just illusion but represented his character in great light). Ever since i saw third poke movie Entei caught my attention with his caring, loyal vibe and sacrifice he made to protect Molly leaving positive and admiring impact on me . Enjoying in his strength, resistence and bravery he demonstrated there.

I loved background and whole story about Molly Hale, her father Spencer ending trapped in alternate dimension causing whole havoc in first place. Due to Molly feeling lonely, confused and scared looking for mother care and father protection. As result of that her needs and thoughts psychically got projected to reality delivering chaos and disruption to pokemon world and those around herself which i considered to be very illustrated and inspiring storyline. Mixing element of magic with reality and how your own desires and wishes if reckless can cause drastic consequences to world and people around yourself.

Ash selfless love and determination to save his mother, quick insight in Dehlia younger days showing to be friends of Spencer Hale, epic battle between Charizard and Entei were all highlights of this movie for me. And most of all Brock and Misty played important role in this movie not being left on sidelines,. No we saw them actively trying to break into castle with Ash, made sure to get Ash out of danger and comfort him over mother after she was hijacked battling Molly.

With Misty match taking place under the water being possibly most exciting and well done underwater battle so far in pokemon series(not that there were many after Misty left cast though, since such thing wouldn't have benefit the plot much without water trainer around). Packed with fitting music, great strategy from both side(that breakdown of whirlpool and bubblebeam with Staryu using rapid spin in reverse direction was pretty smart)accurately depicting how elegant and agile water pokemon can be.

2. Pokemon 2000;Power of one- Whole plot was mysterious and exciting sending strong and evoking message about importance of equilibrium needing to exist in nature and clime reflecting authentically how much human factor damaged eco system nowadays. With Lawrence 3rd sky fortress, greed and selfishness in wanting to collect most rare and valuable pokemon for himself. Without taking in account how detrimental, harmful and destructive such behavior can be. Its like this movie was used to send out powerful message of importance of nature in preserving earth as habitable and suitable place for life. and how important it is to protect it.

Also i enjoyed in role Misty played there having excellent interactions with Melody enriching on characterization and plot through her strong presence (pretty much this was festivity for pokeshippers) along with saving Ash from drowning being very important to storyline and quest of turning climate in balance again) Allowing him to collect elemental balls in time so that Melody could play song bringong back order and harmony among Lugia and birds.

I could always watch this movie without getting bored of it, because yes it was that good imo.

3. Lucario and Mystery of Mew- this movie was groundbreaking in introducing concept of Aura and Aura guardians to pokemon universe. How powerful and influencing aura users can be leaving big effect on society and pokemon around themselves. Especially big treat was to find out how Ash has ability to control to extent aura powers and utilize it which later through series was brought up quite a few times. Something which admittedly did added new, fresh aspect to Ash character.

But what was truly highlight of this movie for me was how beautifully it depicted in outstanding and creative light strong bond existing between human and pokemon developing mutual and close partnership.

Resulting in sir Aaron sacrificing himself as aura guardian with Lucario following it footsteps to save tree of life and join his master. But most of all considering him as his fellow companion and true friend showing how even death can't break strong bonds apart.

Absolutely magnificent piece of work imo.

I have only seen part of Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, and Pokemon 4Ever, but I already made my decision.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

I really loved Lucario and got overly attached to him. I actually cried when Lucario sacrificed himself and saw what Sir Aaron's last living moments were like. The writers did a good job on making me cry over a movie, which I usually don't do. Also the parts where the gang dressed up and the Pokemon played with the attic toys was hilarious. I mean, look at what Max wore! He looked so hilarious but yet so adorable. Oh yeah, and Ash looking like Sir Aaron, I couldn't resist that. And with May wearing a dress, the two looked like they were getting married while Brock & Max attended! I could go on about every little thing I loved about Lucario and the Mystery of Mew but that would take too long and would bore you all.

Personally, my favorite is Arceus and the Jewel of Life. I love the main plot of whole thing and Arceus was such an awesome Pokemon.

I liked them all, exceot for Spell of the Unknown and Jirachi: Wish Maker.

Mewtwo Strikes Back, Pokemon the Power of One, Pokemon Ranger, and Rise of Darkrai are my favorites. I also like Extreme Genesect and Girantina the Sky Warrior. I find Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be highly overrating tbh. It's kind of boring and there are hardly any action in it.

Back
Top Bottom