• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's Your Favorite Pokemon Region?

What is your "Favorite" Pokemon Region?

• Kanto, The "Original Urban" Region

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Johto, The "Nostalgic Historical" Region

Votes: 55 20.8%
  • Hoenn, The "Tropical Rural" Region

Votes: 100 37.9%
  • Sinnoh, The "Chilling Vast" Region

Votes: 37 14.0%
  • Unova, The "Far-Away From Others" Region

Votes: 40 15.2%

• Total voters
I don't get why people like Hoenn so much. I honestly dislike it quite a bit. I didn't like many of its Pokemon, I thought there were too many water routes (not to mention all you could really find on those routes were Tentacool and more annoying Tentacool), and it just never appealed to me. I do like that it's big, though.

Hoenn is a tropical Island chain what do you expect? Of course ther is going to be lots of water routes and there's a snazzy littleitem called repel it's only 50 bucks more expensive and removes random encounters... so why complain?

I wouldn't call it an island chain. There's only one large landmass and a few small ones. Also, I would use repels, except I also want to train for gym battles. But, I don't want to see only Tentacool. Gamefreak could've easily added more Pokemon to those routes on the water surface.

I wouldn't call it an island chain. There's only one large landmass and a few small ones. Also, I would use repels, except I also want to train for gym battles. But, I don't want to see only Tentacool. Gamefreak could've easily added more Pokemon to those routes on the water surface.

I agree on this. They could've had some Carvanha, Goldeen, Horsea, Marill, Wailmer... There could easily be Flying types, as well, on some of the routes a bit closer to land.

I started in the old days of Gen 1 and Kanto feels more like my home from home than any other region ^^

It's a hard decision between Kanto and Johto, but alas I must choose Kanto because of its Pokemon happen to be some of my favorite and the most memorable anyway. Also because Kanto includes the orange Islands. At least in the anime Anyway :p

I'm torn between Johto (for it's history and legends) and Hoenn (for the tropical feel and the sheer creativity that went into its cities.)

Next comes Unova, though I don't really know why. I just really like the atmosphere.

My least favorite is Kanto (SIN!) because even though it was the region that started it all, it's fairly bland. Sinnoh's not too far ahead. I just didn't like Sinnoh as a region very much, though I did like it more in Platinum than in Diamond/Pearl.

Johto has always been my favorite. I played alot of pokemon games but playing Heartgold was the most fun I had ever had. Also I watched all of the pokemon episodes from the johto region.

Hoenn, definitely Hoenn. I had so much fun playing R/S/E because there was so much surfing and diving involved, and the environments in Hoenn were just so diverse. The route between Foretree City and Lilycove is my favorite - it's just so pretty.

I am going with Johto, Loved Gold and Silver. HG and SS was the best Pokemon game Ive played. Plus there are some really underrated Pokemon there.

There´s no place like Hoenn :)

Seriously now, III. gen has the most of my favourite Pokémon (when I got rid of the childhood Kanto nostalgia) and also these games were the first I played when I fell into Pokémon again after many years.

My favorite Region is Unova, no doubt. There is a better selection of Pokemon and Guys in this Region. ^_^

It used to be Hoenn and even though I haven't gotten far in B/W, I'm loving Unova. It's like an enhanced version Hoenn's variety and kinda of futuristic feel. I would definitely live there if the Pokemon World was real.

Johto is really close behind them with its "going back in time" feel.

Hoenn for the rich nature and uniqueness. Two of the biggest cities are both harbors (which I like XDD), and it has three of the eight gyms are on islands which require you to cross the magnificent vast ocean. Most of the towns also live in harmony with nature :)

Hoenn was my favorite region. I really liked Fortree City and the route connecting Mauville and Fortree - it seemed very tropical and green to me. It also seemed like you had to surf a lot more in Hoenn, and I liked that. Sootopolis City was also one of my favorites, the fact that you had to dive underwater to get to a city was really cool.

I gotta say Sinnoh. Because it was my first region after a long pokémon hiatus.

Johto comes second.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom