• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's Your Favorite Pokemon Region?

What is your "Favorite" Pokemon Region?

• Kanto, The "Original Urban" Region

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Johto, The "Nostalgic Historical" Region

Votes: 55 20.8%
  • Hoenn, The "Tropical Rural" Region

Votes: 100 37.9%
  • Sinnoh, The "Chilling Vast" Region

Votes: 37 14.0%
  • Unova, The "Far-Away From Others" Region

Votes: 40 15.2%

• Total voters
Sinnoh for sure. The vast snow, the deigns of Pokemon, the DPPt metagame; the only thing I didn't like was the lack of Water-types.

All are great really, but I´d say Hoenn because it is the most explorable region, the most adventurous one, has the most routes, and has many of my favourite Pokemon. Also, it has the most beautiful nature and a tropical feeling.

Sinnoh for sure. The vast snow, the deigns of Pokemon, the DPPt metagame; the only thing I didn't like was the lack of Water-types.

Lack of Water types? It had more Water types than FIRE types at least. :/ Fire is my favorite type and almost no new Fire types was the only thing I didn't like about Sinnoh. The Chimchar line, Magmortar, and Heatran were literally the only new Fire types introduced that gen. And the latter two couldn't even be obtained in the main story in Diamond/Pearl. Sinnoh remains my fav though, even after Kalos.

The more I play X/Y, the more I like Kalos.

My favorite is Johto mainly for nostalgia reasons as Silver is the first game I ever played.

Unova is my favorite because it has fully evolved pokemon like Metagross and Kingdra in the wild. Also they introduced the first Dragon/Ice type pokemon which is Kyurem.

First of all, I have a big preference for realistic regions which keeps geographical artistic licence to a minimum. For that Johto is No 1, and Kalos is a close No 2.

Johto, because it's has the least amount of unnecessary artistic licence in the geography. From it's realistic portrayal of Kyoto and Nara, to it's acknowledgement that it is part of Poke-Japan, and especially that Osaka, Tokyo, and everything in between is one big megalopolis and is reliant on each other - shown in that the post-game of GSC takes place in Kanto, and especially with the legendaries that are actually borrowed from Japanese mythology, it really is a case where artistic licence is used as much as necessary to make a Pokémon game, but as little as possible.

A really close second is Kalos, for similar reasons (which I don't know why it's not in the poll). Realistic architecture of Paris and other French cities, frequent use of the French verbal cues, an actual acknowledgement that there is such a thing called Poke-Japan (though they didn't mention it by name) through the Tourist class (which even includes one that actually speaks Japanese!). If the legendaries are actually Gaullic (as opposed to Norse, though that I can accept as well) then Kalos will tie with Johto as my most favorite.

Hoenn or Kalos. Unova's cool, too. The other three are kind of mediocre. Hoenn's range of climates is rad as hell, and Kalos has a wide diversity in habitats, with most of the routes having distinct characteristics, and the caves being more than generic Zubat lairs.

I like all of them actually but If I had to choose it'd be Johto in first place with Hoenn as a runner-up.

Sinnoh would have to be my favorite region. I think part of that comes from it being the game that reinvigorated my love for Pokemon but also because on the DS it looked gorgeous and lush and new. There were a lot of new Pokemon which I really liked the designs for and has my 3 favorites.

Lack of Water types? It had more Water types than FIRE types at least. :/ Fire is my favorite type and almost no new Fire types was the only thing I didn't like about Sinnoh. The Chimchar line, Magmortar, and Heatran were literally the only new Fire types introduced that gen. And the latter two couldn't even be obtained in the main story in Diamond/Pearl. Sinnoh remains my fav though, even after Kalos.

Heatran is still very good in OU, so you at least have that. And compared to Hoenn, you really see the lack in Waters; you can be sure I'm waiting for a DP remake; why? becuase fhat only think I really wanted and didn't get as a Delibird evo; someone even said to me "how did you get everything you wished for?".

Kanto, definitely. Partially because of nostalgia, but I like its layout, and a lot of its background and lore.

Sinnoh. It's vast, nonlinear, has hardly any water routes, and has so many of those little hidden-away nooks and crannies and backtrack-dungeons that I love. There is so much sheer exploration value in Sinnoh. Plus, I love cold weather, and the environmental diversity of the region is nowhere near as dissonant as it was in Hoenn (I know that that is what a lot of people love about Hoenn, though); for example, the snowy parts are all to the north, the tropical volcano area is tucked away on its own landmass - it all flows together quite well.

My only problem with Sinnoh is that the Pokémon selection is really, really terrible.

Didn't expect Kanto last xD

Hoenn cuz nostalgia, I suppose.

Ugh, it's hard to choose. The first four regions are iconic and, if I had to decide, I'd vote for Sinnoh since I like forests and snowy landscapes.

Hoenn but I love Kalos too. Hoenn is just the region if you want to do anything. They also have a space center so...

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom