• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favorite Pokemon that can Mega Evolve?

absol can mega evolve and it is my favorite pokemon of all time, so yes!
naturally its mega evo is my favorite as well, but my second-favorite mega evolution is probably audino's, it's so cute...

My Favorite Pokemon that can mega evolve are Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Gyarados, Beedrill, Areodactyl, Steelix, Scizor, Heracross, Houndoom, Septile, Swampart, Mawlie, Sharpedo, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza, Garchomp and Lucario.

Lucario, Lati@s, Absol, Banette, Garchomp, Mawile, Houndoom, Camerupt, Altaria, Lopunny, Rayquaza, Gallade, Diancie, and Audino.

My top favorite is Mega Lopunny though, with Mega Lucario and Houndoom not too far behind, the rest I listed I just like in general with no specific order.

My favorites are Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Mewtwo, Tyranitar, Sceptile, Rayquaza, and Garchomp.

Lucario, Lati@s, Absol, Banette, Garchomp, Mawile, Houndoom, Camerupt, Altaria, Lopunny, Rayquaza, Gallade, Diancie, and Audino.

My top favorite is Mega Lopunny though, with Mega Lucario and Houndoom not too far behind, the rest I listed I just like in general with no specific order.
Good choose.

Altaria, as it is so fluffy, actually hits hard, unlike regular Altaria, and has a unique typing. I also really like Absol, Charizard, Gengar, Sceptile, Gardevoir, Pidgeot and Lucario. That being said, while I'm a big fan of Latias, Latios, Swampert, Aggron, Mewtwo, Salamence, Metagross and Scizor, I've always found their Megas to be downright ugly.

Mega Absol tops my list of megas for its visual design (the good ability is a plus).

Mega Charizard Y is on my list, as is Mega Sceptile.

Mega Lucario is ... kinda meh, not helped by it being the "tutorial Mega" you receive for free.

A common trend is: whether I like Megas depends on how much I like the base form, but this is not always the case (Mega Manectric, Mega Charizard X, among others).

Mega Absol tops my list of megas for its visual design (the good ability is a plus).

Mega Charizard Y is on my list, as is Mega Sceptile.

Mega Lucario is ... kinda meh, not helped by it being the "tutorial Mega" you receive for free.

A common trend is: whether I like Megas depends on how much I like the base form, but this is not always the case (Mega Manectric, Mega Charizard X, among others).
Cool awesome choice.

None of them are my favorite Pokemon by any means, but I really like Mawile and Mega Mawile.

Shiny Mega Rayquaza deserves a mention also.

Well, to start off: Literally my two uncontested favorite Pokemon (Sableye and Mawile) were not only given Mega Evolutions, but they were practically the two Pokemon that truly established their identities (well, my baby Sableye already got an upbringing with its happy little Prankster shenanigans) ; regardless of their balance, in the competitive Pokemon environment thanks to this gimmick. I'm not even really a Smogonite anymore but it still left a sore feeling once Mega Evolution was dropped and will seemingly be an inert concept for years to come due to the franchise's current release model and the arbitrary cycle of establishing a 'region gimmick' that will be succeeded by one-another.

Outside of those two, in terms of adhering to the phrasing: Sharpedo, Banette, and Sceptile are all Pokemon that I already have fondness over that I am happy that had been recipients of the gimmick.

In the extent where I actually prefer the Mega Evolution over the base Pokemon: The aforementioned Banette and Sceptile, Diancie, and especially Pinsir are all Pokemon that I am much more fond of when they are under their Mega state. I give a specific shout-out to Pinsir in that while most Mega Evolutions have had Gen 7 Pokedex entries that indulge in the bloodshed and/or physical and psychological trauma these animals apparently undergo: Pinsir's Ultra Sun entry just says that the airborne arthropod is just utterly ecstatic and overjoyed to experience aviation, and I'm very happy for the little bloodthirsty bastard. ^w^

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom