• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your Favorite Region?

TTP199

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
what is the best region you've played in so far? I'm not talking about generations...Regions, like Kanto, Sinnoh, Johto, Hoenn, Unova, and Kalos, and I'd like to know why.

My personal favorite would be Johto, because of playing in Soulsilver and Heartgold, you can walk around with your pokemon... and how the whole story wraps around the kanto region, like a memory.

I grew up on Hoenn. The fact it was half land and half water was amazing and the Regi sidequest was the most fun I ever had in a game.

Hoenn is my favorite region. I love how tropical and scenic it is (it would look absolutely beautiful in 3D). Plus, the Hoenn region had my favorite cast of characters and some of my favorite Pokemon.

Unova, as that area felt like home to me. I love everything about it, from the Pokemon to the people. If it wasn't for Unova, I wouldn't have my favorite Pokemon of all time. Hands down, that Region will always be my favorite.

Sinnoh for me,I love darkrai and Shaymin and it was my first game,I love it so much :)

Hoenn was really great because it had a lot of different nature scenes which were always fun to look at. I do like Sinnoh's towns/cities more though, if that counts for anything. Johto did have nice routes though... And Unova had nice caves/forests.... Not to mention Kalos looked beautiful with its graphics... But Kanto did have a nice route system...

Screw it. I like them all. :<

Last edited:
Sinnoh for me. Beautiful, and with an air of mystery about its landscape. Kalos is a close second.

Orre (lol)
First proper game i played was Colo, and i LOVE double battles.

from main-series games would have to be Unova. I like how linear the layout is. Sinnoh is a mess of a map in comparison. Of course i love how it introduced triple battles (not really keen on rotation battles) and its strength-boulders are much better. It's the little things.

Hoen is my favorite region, because that's when I got heavily into trading and battling. I also enjoyed the music and the scenery.

Hoenn cuz nostalgia. Also, secret bases!

BW2 Unova's great though.

From best to worst: Sinnoh > Kanto > Kalos > Johto > Hoenn > Unova

So yeah. Sinnoh to me. I love the environments, plus the whole mythology there just make it yet more charming.

Growing up in late nineties to mid twenties my answer is obvious.. to me it will always be
Kanto and Johto. Yes I'm biased but guess it can't be helped. I like Unova too. Pretty cool region.

Hoenn had so many varied environments, I love that region a lot. It seems like the most adventurous region to explore out of all of them, so I would be pushing myself as a trainer if I lived there. (And if it turns out to be too much, I can just stay in Lilycove City or something, haha.) Also nostalgia bias.

But I really love all the regions. Unova is SO HUGE especially with the B2W2 expansion, and I love that there are so many places to explore! And Kalos is also really beautiful, I think I would feel the most at home in this region. But Johto has the best legends and myths in my opinion, and I would love to be able to learn about them by actually visiting places like the Burned Tower and the Ruins of Alph. And Kanto is a decent all-around city; there are no singular sites in the region that really jump out at m, in my opinion, but overall it feels the most cohesive. I also like the branching of routes from Saffron City.

Sinnoh... Well, Sinnoh has Mt. Coronet, as well as Routes 216 & 217 so I can't say I actually love the region. But I don't hate it.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom