• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favorite Rotom?

What's your favorite Rotom?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Rotom is a very particular Pokémon... and the most representative one among a certain Sinnoh location known as old château. This creature is able to enter household appliances and get new powers by doing that.
Rotom.png
Which of these Rotom forms do you like/use the most...?

Mow is my favorite too, I adore its huge freaky expression and the combination of orange & lime green looks great. It eats flowers and scatters lawn clippings everywhere just to mess with people. What's not to love?

If I had to pick a second, then Frost. Always thought purple was an interesting color choice to represent Ice on an artificial Pokémon — it sort of brings to mind colored antifreeze or coolant.

Mow Rotom, the others are very tame looking and would be obedient but Mow Rotom is the one who will probably cause the most chaos with that toothy grin.

I know there's Yokai it's based on but this is always the go-to reference when it comes to Rotom for me

I like Heat Rotom the most. I think it's because it's the most "average", in the sense of looking the most "like a Pokémon", at least when it came to Pokémon designs of the time. I think it's because it's not as overtly mechanical or unnatural as the others: it has no detached parts, and it's not an angular or square as the others. At this point, even mechanical or unnatural Pokémon, like Baltoy or Magnemite, were usually rounded.

Wash Rotom , as Water is my favourite type, and it has only one weakness.
I also like Mow, Heat, and regular Rotom quite a lot.

Design wise, I prefer Rotom's normal version, although the Heat and Mow version are visually interesting as well. In terms of Gameplay, the Wash version is the strongest and most interesting in my opinion..

Last edited:
As an ice type lover, I'm not surprised about Frost Rotom being my favourite here.
Its purple line, unique type combination and shape's simplicity just appeal to me. Also, it definitely is a pretty tough Pokémon to make use of under a snowfall.

The normal form. I loved that Rotom almost felt like a legendary pokemon in gen 4 because it was only found at the old château in Eterna Forest (one of my fav locations in Sinnoh).

The regular one. The lore surrounding it is amazing. Unfortunately, the Rotom phone has made me weary of the Pkmn as seeing it nothing more than an utility Pkmn (talk about HM slaves).
That said, I'd still like to see a Mecha Rotom form as a nod to the original Rotom entering Charon's toy.

Back
Top Bottom