• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favorite Sonic game?

Favorite Sonic Game?

• Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Mega Drive)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Game Gear)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sonic 2 (Sega Game Gear/Master Sys.)

• Sonic 2 (Sega Mega Drive)

• Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Mega-CD)

• Sonic Chaos (Master Sys./Game Gear)

• Sonic 3 (Sega Mega Drive)

• Sonic & Knuckles (Sega Mega Drive)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Sonic: Triple Trouble (Game Gear)

• Knuckles' Chaotix (Sega 32x)

• Sonic Blast (Game Gear/Master Sys.)

• Sonic Pocket Adventure (NG Pocket Color)

• Sonic 3D Blast (Mega Drive, Saturn)

• Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast)

• Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast)

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Sonic Drift (Game Gear)

• Sonic Drift 2 (Game Gear)

• Sonic R (Sega Saturn)

• Sonic Advance (Game Boy Advance)

• Sonic Advance 2 (GBA)

• Sonic Heroes (GCN, PS2, XBOX)

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Sonic Advance 3 (GBA)

• Sonic Rush (Nintendo DS)

• Shadow the Hedgehog (GCN, PS2, XBOX)

• Sonic 2006 (XBOX 360, PS3)

• Sonic Riders (GCN, PS2, XBOX)

• Sonic Rivals (PSP)

• Sonic Rush Adventure (Nintendo DS)

• Sonic & the Secret Rings (Wii)

• Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity (PS2, Wii)

• Sonic Unleashed (Wii, PS3, XBOX 360, PS2)

• Sonic & The Black Night (Wii)

• Sonic Colors (Wii, DS)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 4

• Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

• Sonic Free Riders

• Sonic Generations

• Other

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Understands

Somalian Anarchy Leader!
Reaction score
Exactly what it says on the tin. What's your favorite Sonic game, from the first, to the latest.

Mine is Sonic Generations. It's quite fun.

EDIT: I forgot multiple choice. :( I might repost if possible as a v2. Just pretend and vote one.

Last edited:
I've played a number of Sonic games over the years, but Sonic & Knuckles easily stands out as my favourite. It was still among the simple generation of the games where they didn't need voice acting, or fancy gimmicks to sell the games, it just simply worked.

Shout outs go to Sonic Rush, Sonic Heroes and Sonic Colours. The first Sonic Rush game was pure Sonic speed and is by far the best Sonic game to have made it to the DS, Sonic Rush Adventure didn't feel as good as the first in the long run. Sonic Heroes may have been gimmicky, but I still enjoyed it on the Gamecube a lot and spent many hours on it. Sonic Colours was actually fairly good, and at least with the gimmick in this game you didn't -have- to use it if you didn't want to, so it worked really well.

asdfdfjkl;

I was hoping the poll was multiple choice xD

I voted for Sonic Heroes.That game was a blast and I spent quite a huge chunk of time playing it. They are several other Sonic games that come very close however, but I'd probably end up listing half of the entire poll if I mentioned them :p

Why isn't this multiple choice? I refuse to vote.

Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Sonic Adventure (DC)
Sonic Adventure: DX
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Sonic Colors (Wii)

Sorry. I can't pick just one.

It's a toss-up between Sonic 1, 3, and Unleashed because I'm an idiot.

Eh, I'll go with the first. 'Tis short, but fun (not to mention there isn't a stupid Super Sonic gimmick that steals your rings whilst making the game unnecessarily harder due to the increased speed).

I was never able to play the earlier games, but I really like Unleashed and Colors (both for the Wii).

I can't really choose a favorite... But the ones I like the most are Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Unleashed.

Most definitely Sonic Adventure Battle 2. I just love the Chao mini games so much.

Sonic Adventure 2, no doubt. The story was badass. Shadow is my favorite! Also, I love the soundtrack and BGM.<3

Sonic Adventure DX, as it's the only one I've played. I've heard better things about Sonic Adventure 2, though.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles. The expansive variety of zones, the soundtrack, the cutscenes, and the ability to go hyper all make it one fantastic combined game. It's one of my favorite video games of all time. I haven't played many of the newer games, but I think I should.

(voted for S&K on the poll)

I'd like to meet the person that's played every single thing on that list. I know I haven't, but if choosing, I'd have to go with either original Sonic 2 (Genesis) as that's extremely nostalgic for me (but so are Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles), but something about the second game was just awesome to me and maybe it's because I was about 10 at the time it originally came out, Sonic Colors (wish I'd had the Wii version though instead of the DS version, but I bought while over here in Japan when it came out), or Sonic Battle.

Probably blasphemy, especially from a guy who's all about Classic Sonic, but I....well...I could never really get in to Sonic 2 for some reason. To this very day, it still feels really weird for me to play; it's always had this sort of odd, 'dusty' kind of feeling. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a great game and evolved a fair deal from the original, but...I dunno. I just didn't have that much fun with it compared to the others. I don't think I'll ever understand why.
It had my favourite badnik designs, though.

Anyway, my favourite is Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Looks gorgeous right off the bat. Has some awesome stage settings that, while vastly different, all manage to come together as one big universe thanks to the brief cutscenes that tie them together, and excellent level design that do a great job of balancing the whole movin' around @ the speed o' sound shtick with strong platforming. 3 (non-shitty!) characters, each with their own unique playstyle, gave the game a huge amount of replay value, so I've probably wasted a fair amount of my life there. And to top it all off, the final 3 stages really were (to use a phrase that's used way too loosely these days) epic.

Tails Adventure is a guilty pleasure. Slow as molasses and about as far away from the Sonic formula as you can get, but I really enjoyed it. The Battle Kukku army remain as some of my favourite video game villains.

Sonic Colours was also a hoot, and a welcome return to the series being more lighthearted and fun, without relying on some weird ass gimmicks and monster-of-the-week final boss shenanigans.

From the Sonic games I've played...I gotta say Sonic 2, Adventure, Heroes, and Colors.

Sonic Adventure 2, because there's just so much to do, with all the emblems to collect, and the addicting thing that is Chao Garden. ^_^

If I could pick a second and third, I'd go for Sonic Battle and Sonic Generations.

I've been playing Sonic since Sonic 2, but I prefer the newer games, for some reason. Hmm.

Sonic & Knuckles. Not only was it the first Sonic game I played and beat but it's also the first Genesis game I played. Great times! Great system!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom