• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favorite typing?

Crankyman

=д=
Reaction score
First, I want to know your favorite typing, the Pokémon who represents it best, and why you like it...

My favorite typing is Water/Ground. This type is best shown through Swampert, who is the best starter I've raised, because of his wide selection of awesome moves and great stats. The Water/Ground typing has many advantages, such its only weakness to grass attacks, immunity to electric moves, and the ability to have great moves like Earthquake and Surf.

Now, for your least favorite.

My least favorite typing is the Ice/Grass typing. This particular typing is represented by Abomasnow or Snover, since they are the only Pokémon with this typing. This typing is abosolutely terrible, with six normal weaknesses, and one double weakness. Not only are there better Grass or Ice types, but they have better combinations out there. Ice/Water, for example.

So, you try!

Ice/Flying or Ice/Water. :p I prefer Ice/Water over the Flying though.

Why? Well, depsite it's weakness to Rock it can use Water attacks. So Rock's out of the question. Some Pokemon can use Psychic, so Fighting's out of the question too. Grass is too, because Ice kicks Grass' ass. So you really only need to worry about Electric. :p Yes, I think Lapras is one of my favorites... I just think it's a great Pokemon as all. :)

Least favorite.. lots of the Poison types, mainly Poison/Fighting. It's 4x weak to Psychic, and doesn't have anything to hold against Earthquake, and Flying. 3 very, very common types. Mmm, not helpful. :/

Normal/Flying's my favourite. I don't really know why, but most pokemon with that typing are cool Pokemon IMO.

My least favourite is Dark/Ghost. It's a good type to use against your opponent, due it having no weaknesses, but if one's being used against you, then it's pretty horrible.

First, I want to know your favorite typing, the Pokémon who represents it best, and why you like it...

Does it have to be a real typing? Ghost/Steel with the Levitate ability with decent HP and Defenses seem nice.

Anyways, for a realy typing, Fire/Steel Heatran. Who cares about it's x4 weak to EQ with all those amazing resitances and immunities allowing it to switch in with ease. The fact that it may get run out quickly makes it's typing perfect for CB.

Grass/Ground Torterra. With those defenses and that typing, it allows it to be a fairly good CBer as well.

Ice/Ghost Froslass. This thing not only blocks rapid spinners, but has STAB SE moves to hit them with as well, not to mention the ability to set up spikes. Such a shame it's weak defensively.

Types I Love
Normal (just because they seem more like physical beings to me, and actually represent things in the real world such as cats, dogs, birds and other animals.)
Ice (as they're just awesome, and ever since I saw Froslass, I've fell in love with the type.)
Grass (Bulbasaur was my very first starter in Pokemon Blue, and I've had some good times with the grass types.)
Fire (seems like the most powerful to me, and I'm a pyromaniac as it is.)

Types I Hate
Electric (they just seem impractical to me. Don't know why.)
Ground (reminds me of a cheap knock off of the Rock Type.)

That's all really, all other types are fine and dandy with me.

My favorites include fire and electric, separately. Fire types seem to have really interesting attacks(in my opinion) and cool-looking Pokemon(again, my opinion). It's a shame that there isn't a lot of fire types, or good ones.

Electric because I am a fan of Raichu and Jolteon. Plus electric types are cool. And that probably explains why I am a Lt. Surge fan.

And my least favorite is probably Poison and Ice, separately. Not sure about ice, but I had never had an ice pokemon in my team before. Poison I have had on my team before, but I guess I don't really like it for some reason. Not really sure why. Maybe because of the weaknesses.

Water/Ice
Lapras is solid.

Least Favourite
Grass/Poison
Even though Venusaur was my first starter. Why do so many grass Pokemon have to be poison aswell?

My Favorite Is Water Because It Can Be So Helpful and Harmless, but at the same time destructive and painful MWAHAHAHA!!! mmmmm and somewhat I like ice pokemon too.

And I don't like steel types that much because ethier way there so easy to kill, well with the pokemon I have they are. Or if I have a steel type I can kill them in a snap.

I like Dark/Ice, it just seems cool to me. I love my Weavile.

And I like Electric types, because the attacks are cool looking, and it only has one weakness.

Fire/Flying is my fav. Charizard just can't be beat using the fire long distance and dodging Beat Gary's Blastiose.

As for least favorite, bug/anything but poison and flying.

Bug/Fighting, represented by Heracross,

and Water/Fighting, represented by Poliwrath.

I think that fighting makes some great pairings with other types, and these two seem to embody the ideas of both fighting and their other type rather well.

Water/ground is my favorite to use in battle, not only because it pwns thunder attacks, but ground is a solid type to have and I hate most ground Pokemon. Add a Rindo Berry and it's nice to have around.

Alternatively, my least favorite typing involves any dual-type that's part poison, especially poison/bug. It adds an unnecessary, powerful weakness, and it's really not effective against much. Although it's a realistic combo, it defeats the purpose of bug's strength over psychic.

I tend to favor rock type pokemon (though a dual type is usually necessary to cut weaknesses). I love TTar and fossils, plus the Sandstorm benefit.

Fire is my favourite type, but as far as dual types go, fire doesn't have a lot of interesting ones, barring Heatrans type combination [love that guy].

I think my favourite dual type is the flying type. I'm kinda cheating here, but since flying is always in a dual type, and I really like flying types, yeah.

Well, I'd have to say my favourite is Ice type. It's the type of my fav pokemon(Glaceon), and it has a good advantage over dragon and flying type pokemon, which is why I use Ice!

Least fav..is Dark/Ghost. 'Cause it has no weaknesses...and, hard to beat sometimes!

Water/fighting...if only it wasn't so sparse.

Water/dark...Craudaunt is boss.

Water...Kingler knows what's up.

Dark/Fighting, ability Huge Power or something. Some fighting humanshape pokemon who lives in the dark or something.

Water/Steel: good set of resistances

Dark/Fire: Fire from hell?

Bug/Steel: Metal-armored bugs are cool.

Water/Ice. Lapras is a great Pokemon, and this typing cuts down on a few weaknesses that would seriously damage it when missing one of its types. If that makes any sense...

Also Steel/Fighting. Lucario's stats are really really good, and it has few weaknesses.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom