• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favorite Z-Move pose and attack?

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread like this, so if it already exists, sorry. But was curious to know what everyone's favorite Z-Move activation poses and moves animations were.

Here are videos for anyone who hasn't seen them all.

I have to say that my favorite pose is the one for Acid Downpour because it's so badass.

The attack I like the most however is Shattered Psyche. A Pokemon being bounced around on glass walls until it smashes through the last one? That's awesome.

Please share your favorites:)

I'm sorry. I accidentally clicked twice and made 2 of these threads by mistake. Can a mod please delete one? Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as the dances go, the Rock-type dance is my favorite. It's very Earthbender-ey, and I always liked their style. I'm also fond of the Dark-type dance, not only because it emphasizes the wild/feral aspect of the type, but also because of Nanu's demonstration. x)

The Ghost-type dance is amusingly clever.

But for the animations, there are a few I quite like. Shattered Psyche is fantastic. Tectonic Rage is awesome; I wasn't expecting them to get driven right up against the planet's mantel. Devastating Drake is also pretty cool, as is Black Hole Eclipse.

My favorites out of the signature Z-Moves are Oceanic Operetta (the bow + shower of rain at the end was a brilliant touch), Genesis Supernova, and Guardian of Alola. Sinister Arrow Raid is cool too, but in that instance, I actually think the animation for Spirit Shackle is cooler.

My favorite pose is probably Never Ending Nightmare, but maybe because I got too used to using it on my Mimikyu~ XD But having not used it before myself, The Psychic one looks awesome, too, and Fairy's is just funny to me~ The ones for Flying and Grass are also nice~

As for the Attack Itself, I also like Never Ending Nightmare, Mew's Special Move, Primarina and Incineroar's, Bloom Doom, Poison, and Continental Crush. It's honestly so hard to pick a fave~ XP

Fighting and Dark dances are best. Fighting feels like it has force behind it, plus it's pretty rhythmic with the increasing speed of the punching. Dark is good because Nanu sold that one hard.

For move animations, Rock has the best. It's dropping an entire continent on the opponent! Bug's looks pretty brutal too.

I thought I've like the Ghost move most, but it's gotta be Genesis Supernova for me. Just, Mew. When did it get so badass?

For the Z-Move itself, I really like the rock one. Just a giant rock floating and crushing the opponent. Super silly XD.

As for the trainer dance (because yes it amuses me seeing the trainer doing a dance every time the Pokemon does a Z-move). I have to say I love that Dark-type one.

My favorite Z-dance is Fairy - it's adorable.

My favorite Z-move, on the other hand, is Corkscrew Crash... or should I say GIGAAAAAAA DRILLLLLLL BREEEEEEAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKK

I'm loving everyone's choices. I agree, it is hard to pick a favorite:p

I'm also quite partial to Savage Spin-Out, both the pose and the move itself, since I used it so much with my Ribombee. And then moves like Corkscrew Crash, Tectonic Rage, and Corkscrew Crash are amazing just by how powerful they look.

Shattered Psyche and Black Hole Eclipse out the attacks I've used so far.

I like several of the Z-Poses, but I think my current favorite is the Water Z-Pose. It's super fluid and looks pretty fun to perform, as well as easy. Currently, my favorite Z-Move is Primarina's Oceanic Operetta. It's elegant, Dragon Ball Z-like and Primarina actually take a bow in the aftermath of the move :p

Ghost dance and Fairy dance are both adorable :)

My favorite Z attack animation is Shadow Arrows Strike. Gotta love how Decidueye flies in a circle of arrows and shoots upward just after plummetting.

I really like the Rock-dance but I wonder how much of that was because of Olivia's performance of it...

Can I just say though that the fighting type dance annoys me? The punches are directed to the side and not center of mass and the final one over-extends the trainer. That right there is poor balance.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom