• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

What's your favourite Bird Pokemon?

What is your favourite? (Apologies for the large amount of choices!!!)

• Total voters
Flame Trainer
Reaction score
My favourite are Noctowl, Staraptor and Talonflame. Staraptor was the first Pokemon species I was introduced to other than Pikachu, so there's that nostalgia. It's a nice and cool design too.
The thought of a cute and snuggle psychic (but normal) owl is also great! Hope Noctowl gets an Ice/Psychic Alolan form.
Talonflame reminds me of Staraptor, is the first regional bird to be non Normal (and it's my favourite primary type at that!).

Merciless Evaluation
Reaction score
Oooh. This is a hard one.

Rowlet is easily my favorite Grass type starter at this point.
I love Honchcrow and have used it on my team numerous times.
I also love the entire Starly line, though specifically Staraptor in terms of both design and usability.
Toucannon and Oricorio were both welcome additions to my team at various points during my journey in Sun, I just wish Toucannon was part Steel instead of part Normal.
My favorite Legendary Bird is Articuno.

What can I say? I like birds more than I like cats or dogs. Though I do like cats. :3

Reaction score
Rowlet is the best, he 's very cute and also is very calm and collected, and also interesting. Its evolutions also complement it perfectly.

Articuno, Lugia, Ho-Oh and Altaria are also great because of their gracefulness, Natu & Xatu have great concepts, and Hoothoot is cute.

I haven't really cared much about regional birds, the only ones I more or less like are Staraptor and Pidgeot because I had them in my team.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
I like and voted for quite a few. But my top 3 favourites from the list are Hawlucha, Dodrio and Rowlet. Hawlucha is wicked cool and useful, Dodrio is funny and strong, Rowlet is adorable and perfect.

Fluffy with 80% more spots!
Reaction score
I'm not much of a fan of bird-like Pokemon. The ones I chose that appeal to me the most are Altaria, Hawlucha, and Toucannon. These guys look cool.

oh my
Reaction score
Staraptor.

Staraptor.

Staraptor.

Amazing, cool and menacing design, cool cry, and really useful for me in the game. My favorite bird, no contest.

Purple Poison Pupa
Reaction score
I love the Starly, Rowlet, Xatu, Archen and Fletchling lines. Skarmory and Swellow are also pretty neat.

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
Interesting question. Non-Legendary, for me it's a tie between Pidgeot, Noctowl, Skarmory, Swellow, the Rowlet line, and Toucannon.

Legendaries, it goes like this: Lugia > Ho-Oh > Articuno > Zapdos > Moltres

Reaction score
Sygilyph.
What do you mean "pseudo".

Wait, where are Torchic and Piplup...? Blaziken's line is one of my favourite pokémon in general.

Counting only the ones on the list... probably Decidueye and Altaria? Decidueye is pretty cool for a starter and I really like Altaria as an quite unique Dragon-type. Then Articuno and Ho-Oh for legendaries.
Also I have many fond memories of Xatu. Most notably Mystery Dungeon, of course.

Not my favouries, but I really like Hawlucha and Mandibuzz, too.

Reaction score
Blaziken! My first starter and one of my favourite Pokémon ever. Words can not describe how awesome I think Blaziken is.
Spritzee is another birb I absolutely adore. Once again, it's another one of my absolute favourite Pokémon. I quite like Aromatisse as well, though not as much as Spritzee.
Lastly, Empoleon. My second favourite fully-evolved Water Starter, only after Samurott. After choosing Piplup in Diamond I feel in love with its line, but Empoleon is by far my favourite stage. Looks cool, love it's typing, and I enjoy battling with it.

Unfortunately none of them were in the poll for some reason, so out of the ones available I'd have to go with Braviary and Mandibuzz, because I also love them a lot.

Last edited:
The Hidden Author
Reaction score
Chatot, because he's the closest match to a parakeet, my favorite little pet around here! I also put down Staraptor for nostalgic reasons (Gen IV for the win!), and Decidueye because he is the closest Pokemon to make me reconsider my vow to only ever use Fire Starters in my games.

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
Fletchling is one of the most adorable Pokemon ever, and it is my clear choice.

bₑₐₛₜ ₜₕₐₜ cₐₗₗₛ ₜₕₑ ₘₒₒₙ
Reaction score
Decidueye, feathers down .

Sulfuric Shell
Reaction score

It's farily close between Skarmory, Braviary, and Archeops, but I'll have to go with Skarmory. I really like its design--it just looks so cool. As for my top ten:
  1. Skarmory
  2. Braviary
  3. Archeops
  4. Noctowl
  5. Honchkrow
  6. Decideye
  7. Pidgeot
  8. Staraptor
  9. Oricorio
  10. Hawlucha

Reaction score
Pidove! That cutie is literally plain simple and beautiful. I like what they did with a common bird and it seems like the world could end and it would still remain oblivious...:LOL:
I still love Fearow as well as Murkrow and Honchkrow. In Fearow I've always liked it over the Pidgey line, I just adore Drill Peck and the way it was done by Fearow. I also liked it's appearence in the first movie as a spy and it's use by a poacher in the anime.
Murkrow and Honchkrow: I've liked Murkrow because of it's rarity in Gen. II as well as the fact that is obtained in a route that I love despite small and being obtainable with Houndoor. I also like that it may just be a misunderstood Pkmn due to certain fears, I like its witch hat design and broom tail and In HG, TRocket's Murkrow was very nice. As for Honchkrow, I don't like th mob theme and I tend to look it as a more wise and elegant witch (taking into consideration that I always train female Murkrow and Honchkrow).

* Happy Cat Day *
Reaction score
Chatot is my most favorite of all birds
mainly for my love of parrots - and the main bird pet my family has owned, and also the last pet bird my grandma had before she passed away, personal good connections to parrots
even if they aren't the 'best bird' for me will always be high

Do love Swellow, Talonflame, and Rowlet's entire evoluion

Reaction score
Articuno and Lugia are my favorite bird Pokemon. I remember getting real mad after seeing how Articuno was treated in the 2nd Pokemon film though.